Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #61
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
mtravellerh: could you send me a macrophoto or a scan of your cool er displaying one of my test pictures? Thanks
Please PM me the coordinates of those pictures again. I don't find them.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:54 AM   #62
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten S View Post
Got mine yesterday and already broke it- typical me

I did a format (MBR) FAT32 on the internal 1GB flash and now when it boots the thing only shows to items (folder called "Digital Editions" and a txt file "usb is connect...").

What was the former folders? maybe it will help making new ones..
Did you contact the support already?
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 04:58 AM   #63
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Carsten S: Which version of OS X do you have ? 10.5 or older?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:19 AM   #64
mtravellerh
book creator

Here comes your pic, Godzil

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020410.JPG
Views:	1060
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	32449
Old 07-17-2009, 05:22 AM   #65
Carsten S
Carsten S began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G | COOL-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Did you contact the support already?
Not yet- tried to fix it myself- because the magnitude of self-mistake.

Though with the COOL-ER's drag and drop solution there might be problems with deleting files on a mac (especially on a mac and SD flash cards) since the files just get moved to the hidden .Trashed folder and therefore filling up space..

I have made Apple Scripts for that in the past, the problem also came when I made an automated copy, jpeg compression, images resize and auto crop from flagged iPhoto photos to a Memory Stick, to use with a digital photo frame.
Carsten S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 05:24 AM   #66
Carsten S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Carsten S: Which version of OS X do you have ? 10.5 or older?
Yes, 10.5.7
Old 07-17-2009, 05:26 AM   #67
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Not yet- tried to fix it myself- because the magnitude of self-mistake.

Though with the COOL-ER's drag and drop solution there might be problems with deleting files on a mac (especially on a mac and SD flash cards) since the files just get moved to the hidden .Trashed folder and therefore filling up space..

I have made Apple Scripts for that in the past, the problem also came when I made an automated copy, jpeg compression, images resize and auto crop from flagged iPhoto photos to a Memory Stick, to use with a digital photo frame.
Well, the solution to your problem is a flashing of the firmware, I'm afraid. As that is not available yet for download, the only viable solution is to contact the support and get it from there.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:32 AM   #68
Carsten S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well, the solution to your problem is a flashing of the firmware, I'm afraid. As that is not available yet for download, the only viable solution is to contact the support and get it from there.
Ok thanks, I will do that then.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:37 AM   #69
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
You might already know this, but just in case :
It's pretty simple to remove these files, you just have to empty the Mac trash with your device connected.
This will also empy the trash folder on the device.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:40 AM   #70
mtravellerh
book creator

One extra tip:
If you want to be able to read Aportis doc files (ereader files are not working) you should rename the file from .pdb to .prc! PDB, for some reason, is not recognized while prc is!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:53 AM   #71
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Yes, 10.5.7
Thanks, I would like to know if someone could try with a Macintosh with Mac OS 10.4 or lower. There was a lot of bugs in USB on the netronix software and I want to know if they correct it... (and it was not working with Mac OS X < 10.5)
Old 07-17-2009, 06:01 AM   #72
Carsten S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
You might already know this, but just in case :
It's pretty simple to remove these files, you just have to empty the Mac trash with your device connected.
This will also empy the trash folder on the device.
Yes I'm almost positive that the camera still was in USB mode, so I included this in script:
rm -rf /Volumes/X/.Trashes/

But it is worth keeping an eye on.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:29 AM   #73
Periodical
Periodical began at the beginning.

Device: a purple Cool-er
Original folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreamcool View Post
I may have had a similar problem.

I renamed the folders and copied something over. And now the reader will no longer let me modify any folder names or contents. Whenever I attempt to, it automatically restarts.

Also whenever I want to go back to the library page from a book reading. It hangs there forever.

I guess the wisdom is not to change any of the file structure then....

I am really frustrated. Emailed them and see what they say.

Any luck fixing yours?
The original folders are:
Digital Editions
Free eBooks
My Audio
My Docs

I am using a PC, and I have added three other folders without any problems.
When my Cool-er crashes, it simply switches itself off - and back on again - without me doing anything about it!

My latest crash came when I had converted a book from (unsecure) Mobipocket with Calibre to be compatible with the Cool-er, and it had no table of contents..... when I tried to view the table of contents, the Cool-er crashed! The previous crash came about when I had several books opened, but none bookmarked and I suspect I just challenged the memory a step too far!
Periodical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:43 AM   #74
Godzil

This is really not a good thing if there are memory issues... I hope they will fix this
Old 07-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #75
mr.ninja13
mr.ninja13 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I might actually be interested in knowing how the flashing issue goes with the tech support, Carsten.

I still cannot authorize the cool-er with ADE, and I suspect something's wrong with the details in a file inside the Digital Editions folder, so maybe a factory reset will help.

I seem to have a strange behaviour with the battery indicator, as it's always half empty when I'm reading a book (the battery is fully charged), but it show correctly as full when I'm in the library.

Paolo
mr.ninja13 is offline   Reply With Quote