Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #61
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosscriven View Post
Probably because I'm as thick as two short planks, and I was lying about my educational background, alongside my frivolous concerns.
Yawn. I notice you neglected to describe how you went about deciding to make your purchase of the Max 2. Any particular reason...
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #62
marcosscriven
Enthusiast
marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Boox Max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Yawn. I notice you neglected to describe how you went about deciding to make your purchase of the Max 2. Any particular reason...
Can you understand why I would be reticent to do so? I feel like whatever I said, you'd take the opportunity to tear it apart and be unkind.

I'm not quite sure how we strayed from my original concerns, with people cherry picking only one or two, ignoring the rest, and berating me for them.

I really think it's unfair - I've not been having a go at you have I?

Shall we just agree I am to be ignored, rather than asking me again to explain?
marcosscriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2018, 05:05 PM   #63
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Can you understand why I would be reticent to do so?
Not really. I tend not to invest too much of my ego on semi anonymous forums.

Quote:
I really think it's unfair - I've not been having a go at you have I?
You did seem to be accusing me of insulting you as being dumb, stupid, frivolous... the type who would club innocent baby seals... when I said nothing of the sort...

Quote:
Shall we just agree I am to be ignored, rather than asking me again to explain?
Well, we certainly seem to be talking in circles to no apparent end...

If you do decide to keep the Max 2, I hope it works out for you. I'm sure you will find some useful tips from other users on this forum. I certainly have for my various eink devices. Many of the people here are generally very good at sharing information... and the occasional barb.

Cheers.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:02 PM   #64
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Quote:
Ok, so now you're implying I'm delusional? Have I insulted you in some way that you feel it's ok for you to speak to me like that?
I'm not implying much, actually. I think you react excessively strongly and take everything much too personally (I won't try to put the right word on it, because English is not my native language and, judging from your past reactions, you'll feel insulted again. Let's just say the general feeling is not very favorable to you as indications of character)

Quote:
You said "It doesn't take much effort" - I.e I was lazy to not do it.
Well, here I just meant that it doesn't take much effort. I didn't imply any specific reason for why you didn't make that effort. You might(*) be dumb, or lazy, or in a real hurry, or any other possible reason for it. But really, I didn't imply anything.

(*) Note the conditional here. I am not picking any particular one, just listing some possibilities without any attempt at exhaustivity. Please please don't feel insulted - it would hurt my feelings too much.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #65
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
>
I have a masters degree in computing and electronics, from one of the world's top universities. I assume that's not enough technical expertise? And how do you propose I would be able to 'solve' the issues I mentioned myself? You are implying I am simply stupid. Thanks for that
Marcosscriven, name or title dropping is no good way to show competence. I have ordered a Max 2, too. I will check it out next week at work about glossiness and other alleged problems.

Despite that IMHO your behavior is a little bit overkill and rude.

13.3 inch e-book readers are relatively new and the Onyx 2 is the first device with quad core and other options. I didn't expect that everything will work flawlessly right away.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 01:00 AM   #66
marcosscriven
Enthusiast
marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Boox Max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Marcosscriven, name or title dropping is no good way to show competence. I have ordered a Max 2, too. I will check it out next week at work about glossiness and other alleged problems.

Despite that IMHO your behavior is a little bit overkill and rude.
Ok, sorry.
marcosscriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:14 AM   #67
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
13.3 inch e-book readers are relatively new and the Onyx 2 is the first device with quad core and other options. I didn't expect that everything will work flawlessly right away.
Fully second this point. You have to do your homework, on this forum, Youtube, etc, before pulling the trigger. This is cutting-edge technology in its field, by a company which is on its own in this sector - delivering a fully open, feature-laden hardware, the software of which needs time to come up to scratch. I am sure things will be very different in a couple months time.
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #68
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:

Didn't the Sony RP1 come out first and doesn't it have a quad core processor?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox max 2