Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #61
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Well...yes and no. I mean it's when you reading the journal entries from Rebecca they contain some scenes but the h/h do what I call very light BDSM but I can't go into anymore without spoilers. So if you can stand it mix in here and there you will be okay. It's not anything like 50 Shades.

Basically you got a heroine who comes across a journal of a woman name Rebecca who got lost heavily into the world of BDSM. The heroine begans to worry something happen to this woman so she began her own investigation of trying to find her. It's a mystery, suspense mixed with light erotica. It was a fast page turner for me. It's brilliantly done.
I just found the first 2 in that series on Scribd. Added them.

And unrelated. With me reading all these books on my Nexus I realized my Nexus has a better battery life then my Paperwhite.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #62
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Gah, I need to move the Inside Out trilogy up in my TBR mountain!

Question, has anyone here read After I Do – Taylor Jenkins Reid? Debating whether to put it in my 'buy' pile for the next KC .
Advert
Old 08-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #63
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Today's Nook Free Fridays is from Avon (not matched on Amazon yet)

Love at First Sight (Cupid, TX #1) by Lori Wilde
Now at Amazon
Old 08-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #64
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
These may have been previously posted, but I didn't see them in the August thread (all are contemporary romances):

Breakaway (Portland Storm Book 1) by Catherine Gayle - FREE

Crazy In Love by Kristin Miller - FREE

Save the Date by Susan Hatler - FREE
Old 08-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #65
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This was one of the best books I read in 2013, a rare 5 star for me.

$2.99 How to Kill a Rock Star - Tiffanie Debartolo

blurb:Written in her wonderfully honest, edgy, passionate and often hilarious voice, Tiffanie DeBartolo tells the story of Eliza Caelum, a young music journalist, and Paul Hudson, a talented songwriter and lead singer of the band Bananafish. Eliza's reverence for rock is equaled only by Paul's, and the two fall wildly in love.

When Bananafish is signed by a big corporate label, and Paul is on his way to becoming a major rock star, Eliza must make a heartbreaking decision that leads to Paul's sudden disappearance and a surprise knock-your-socks-off ending.
Advert
Old 08-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #66
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
This was one of the best books I read in 2013, a rare 5 star for me.

$2.99 How to Kill a Rock Star - Tiffanie Debartolo

blurb:Written in her wonderfully honest, edgy, passionate and often hilarious voice, Tiffanie DeBartolo tells the story of Eliza Caelum, a young music journalist, and Paul Hudson, a talented songwriter and lead singer of the band Bananafish. Eliza's reverence for rock is equaled only by Paul's, and the two fall wildly in love.

When Bananafish is signed by a big corporate label, and Paul is on his way to becoming a major rock star, Eliza must make a heartbreaking decision that leads to Paul's sudden disappearance and a surprise knock-your-socks-off ending.
This sounds really good and I just found it on KU.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #67
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
These may have been previously posted, but I didn't see them in the August thread (all are contemporary romances):

Breakaway (Portland Storm Book 1) by Catherine Gayle - FREE

Crazy In Love by Kristin Miller - FREE

Save the Date by Susan Hatler - FREE
There were posted as Kobo freebies, I think. In case anyone missed them, here are the Kobo links again:

Breakaway

Crazy in love

Save the date
Old 08-10-2014, 01:29 AM   #68
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
[*]Good Girl Gone Plaid (McLaughlins #1) Kindle
This may be one of the most annoyingly stupid books I have ever read. The author actually expects us to believe that (massive story spoilers coming up)
Spoiler:
the heroine has spent the past 10+ years desperately wishing she didn't miss out on a happily ever after with the "hero" she caught naked (in flagrante) in bed with her supposed best friend on prom night... to the point that said heroine's dreams of happily ever after with the aforementioned "hero" has ruined her chances of a happy marriage and eventually led to her divorcing the man she did marry, due to her own massive emotional issues. Now that the divorce is final, said heroine is deliberately returning to the small-town community said "hero" has lived in all this time and still lives in. And she almost instantly falls into orgasmic sex with him, in his work place by the way, because he is just that irresistible and the memories of when they were 16 means she just can't help herself. Yet I am somehow supposed to be on her side and sympathize with the emotional turmoil she feels when she realizes he has had relationships with other women in the 10+ years since she left the community in question? Really? NO.

I feel like I should seek out the author and beat the crap out of her for assuming her readers are dumb enough to let her get away with this. I have read other books by this author and they were not moronic. Unfortunately, this one is.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:07 AM   #69
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Oh my. I hope you did not throw the device you were reading on.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:19 AM   #70
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Oh my. I hope you did not throw the device you were reading on.
Not quite.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:35 AM   #71
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
thanks Scaly! I have seen the book advertised and thought about buying it. Glad I did not waste my money. Authors can only stretch fiction so far before it becomes so stupid and unbelievable.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:14 AM   #72
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Another Bobby Hutchinson freebie...

Loving the Doctor, box set one

(what's with the all caps titles for all her books?)
Old 08-10-2014, 04:18 AM   #73
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks for the warning *shudder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
This may be one of the most annoyingly stupid books I have ever read. The author actually expects us to believe that (massive story spoilers coming up)
Spoiler:
the heroine has spent the past 10+ years desperately wishing she didn't miss out on a happily ever after with the "hero" she caught naked (in flagrante) in bed with her supposed best friend on prom night... to the point that said heroine's dreams of happily ever after with the aforementioned "hero" has ruined her chances of a happy marriage and eventually led to her divorcing the man she did marry, due to her own massive emotional issues. Now that the divorce is final, said heroine is deliberately returning to the small-town community said "hero" has lived in all this time and still lives in. And she almost instantly falls into orgasmic sex with him, in his work place by the way, because he is just that irresistible and the memories of when they were 16 means she just can't help herself. Yet I am somehow supposed to be on her side and sympathize with the emotional turmoil she feels when she realizes he has had relationships with other women in the 10+ years since she left the community in question? Really? NO.

I feel like I should seek out the author and beat the crap out of her for assuming her readers are dumb enough to let her get away with this. I have read other books by this author and they were not moronic. Unfortunately, this one is.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #74
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Hi everyone. It has been a long summer and I have been mostly quiet. I have watched the first episode of Outlander and loved it!!! it was great! Also wanted to say Happy "Read a Romance" month!!

ARe is celebrating with Give a gift of Romance and has all their freebies in one place. There are 1953 to choose from. Some are repeats from "days gone by." (Check your library carefully) But you don't just have to give them away, but can keep some for your self as well!

Auntykatkat

I forgot, here is the link to the Read a Romance sight. Some great articles to read and some of our fav. authors are stopping by and answering questions and such.

Last edited by auntykatkat; 08-10-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #75
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Risky Return (Harrington Airfield #2) by Nicole Helm (B/4 stars)

No purchases this week or freebies either The only thing I added to my library was the lastest Psy/Changeling short. I've been working on some projects around the house so didn't have much reading time. Plus I'm having trouble gettig into the book I started.
Closed Thread