Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #61
doctj
Enthusiast
doctj began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-950, HP Touchpad
Sony will replace my unit

Received an email from Sony overnight about having bought from BB a demo unit with a call back number. Called back and I should receive a replacement in 72 hrs and ship back the current unit. Whole process was smooth and well conducted, with this service I'm even more happy with my purchase.
doctj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #62
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snico View Post
Hey Zombie what is your version number?
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #63
rmt
rmt began at the beginning.

Another One

I started reading and thought this is me: Early unit from Best Buy before they were out on display. Checked my email and I also had a message. Called and they've set me up with a new unit. I had no 3g issues but the wifi connection was always going bad after a few minutes. I hope the new unit fixes that. I will also be without the New York Times until the new unit comes because they immediately removed the demo unit from my account.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #64
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Needless to say that everyone should remove their books and especially their network settings before sending it back.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #65
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I'm curious if anyone has received their replacement unit yet. Sony told me I would have mine on Monday and as of Thursday I have not received it. I'm going to give them another call.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #66
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I'm curious if anyone has received their replacement unit yet. Sony told me I would have mine on Monday and as of Thursday I have not received it. I'm going to give them another call.
M, I spoke with the Laredo shop yesterday. They had my event and work order numbers on their system.

They are batching all the shipments together before shipping. They are VERY busy.

We should receive an email with the tracking number when they ship.

I wonder when the warranty starts??

Also, I have not received my refund from DataVision. Have you?

Last edited by petercreasey; 11-18-2010 at 04:30 PM.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #67
netboy
Enthusiast
netboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watch

Device: prs-505, prs-950, irex dr800sg
Did anyone receive a reply when they emailed sony a copy of their receipt? I havent heard from them so I was wondering if I should call them, which is something I dont want to do since I am usually on hold for awhile.
netboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #68
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netboy View Post
Did anyone receive a reply when they emailed sony a copy of their receipt?
N, No, no email.

You should have been given an Event Number at the time.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #69
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
M,

Also, I have not received my refund from DataVision. Have you?
I called them 3 times and I kept getting the run around that it will post in two days. I finally logged a case with ebay yesterday morning after the 3rd conversation with Datavision and my refund was posted yesterday afternoon.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:28 PM   #70
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I called them 3 times and I kept getting the run around that it will post in two days. I finally logged a case with ebay yesterday morning after the 3rd conversation with Datavision and my refund was posted yesterday afternoon.
M, Thanks so much!

Your sequence sounds identical to mine EXCEPT I guess I need to go ahead now and log a case with eBay.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #71
rmt
rmt began at the beginning.

Demo Units

I called today as I was told on Monday, I would receive it. He said Friday or Monday. This still doesn't make complete sense. Why would the demo units be different. Is there a problem they found with the first batch of units?
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #72
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmt View Post
I called today as I was told on Monday, I would receive it. He said Friday or Monday. This still doesn't make complete sense. Why would the demo units be different. Is there a problem they found with the first batch of units?
Definitely seems odd, but it's also targeted at a select group of units based on what people are hearing and reporting. I can only assume there is a legitimate reason they are going to all of this effort. Oh well, mine is working fine in the mean time.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #73
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
I just turned off my wifi and found that on my "demo" unit that I cannot connect to the mobile 3G network. Must be what's wrong! I am assured that the new unit is on the way. I asked if they would send me the new unit in black, but I did not get an answer. Nor did the unit come in 3 to 5 days. I'm still waiting.
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #74
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
Been more than a week... still waiting
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #75
netboy
Enthusiast
netboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watch

Device: prs-505, prs-950, irex dr800sg
+1, mine works perfectly fine. I just want to know what the difference between the demo and retail models are.
netboy is offline   Reply With Quote