Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #61
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
No, not a all... I think the book is very well written and flows easy... I read half of it on nightshift last night, and I'm really enjoying it... Well done! Vicki.
Thrilled to hear you're enjoying it. Thanks, Lene!
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #62
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Finished it last night.
This book is extremely fun to read. It is well written, polished and never do you feel bored with the story. The characters are likable (well, the good guys are, at least) and you get to know them, which helps to drag you in even further. The changes in perspective were interesting as well and helped build the suspense. I complained about the lack of settings a while back, but in hindsight I must admit I probably exaggerated a bit. Probably finished with a few "in-house" scenes and that kind of stuck in my brain.
I am a bit dissapointed with the end.
It is a good end, I never saw it coming. But it was over so fast. I wish the pool-scene were a bit longer. I thought
Spoiler:
that Grace was mad when she called Kristy's name. Might have been more fun if the reader did get some kind of confirmation that it is indeed Kristy who's come back from the dead, so to speak.

All in all very enjoyable and I would love to read more by you, Vicki!
Of course I will write a review on smashwords!!

Last edited by mores; 02-04-2010 at 02:57 PM.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #63
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
Finished it last night.
This book is extremely fun to read. It is well written, polished and never do you feel bored with the story. The characters are likable (well, the good guys are, at least) and you get to know them, which helps to drag you in even further. The changes in perspective were interesting as well and helped build the suspense. I complained about the lack of settings a while back, but in hindsight I must admit I probably exaggerated a bit. Probably finished with a few "in-house" scenes and that kind of stuck in my brain.
I am a bit dissapointed with the end.
It is a good end, I never saw it coming. But it was over so fast. I wish the pool-scene were a bit longer. I thought
Spoiler:
that Grace was mad when she called Kristy's name. Might have been more fun if the reader did get some kind of confirmation that it is indeed Kristy who's come back from the dead, so to speak.

Thanks, Mores. Much appreciated.

Your point about the end is most valid, and I’m glad you raised it.

P.S. I don’t know how you did it, but thank you for “hiding” the spoiler.

Edit update: Aha! Just worked out how the "spoiler" tags work.

Last edited by alvico; 02-04-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #64
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Mores, I sent you a PM re my other books.

And thank you for offering to write a review for Smashwords. I look forward to reading it.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:50 AM   #65
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hi Vicki...

Finished your book today... Had a break from reading altogether yesterday.

The ending was as surprising as it could get... Well done!

I would recommend anyone interesting in thrillers reading it. Looking forward to reading further books of yours.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:10 AM   #66
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Hi Vicki...

Finished your book today... Had a break from reading altogether yesterday.

The ending was as surprising as it could get... Well done!

I would recommend anyone interesting in thrillers reading it. Looking forward to reading further books of yours.
Thank you, Lene!

Glad to hear the ending surprised you. That was the goal.

I'll send you a PM in a sec re my other novels.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:41 AM   #67
alvico
Addict

A big thank you to Mores for this review just posted:

Quote:
A very, very readable book.
The story sucks you in immediately - it's a page turner that threatens to keep you up past your bed time just so you can read "one more chapter".

The characters are wonderfully developed. You get to know them, you like them, and you feel with them. You take a personal interest and want to know how they turn out. I mentioned "one more chapter"

And finally, the writing is superb. It's polished to a shine and keeps a steady rhythm. This book is fun to read, and will surprise you in the end.

Definately a must-get!
Thank you, Mores!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #68
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
It is very home-centric until now. Not enough to put me off, but still noticable.

I also noted that in Dan Brown's Lost Symbol, so maybe I'm just a little "over-sensitive". If nobody else has mentioned it then just ignore me.
Maybe! I'm at the half-way point in "Thin Blood" and hadn't noticed the home-centric part. But I'm wondering if I have enough time to finish the book tonight or would be wiser to wait until tomorrow..... It certainly DOES feel (already) that I won't be able to stop reading any time soon.

TERRIFIC so far!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:52 AM   #69
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Maybe! I'm at the half-way point in "Thin Blood" and hadn't noticed the home-centric part. But I'm wondering if I have enough time to finish the book tonight or would be wiser to wait until tomorrow..... It certainly DOES feel (already) that I won't be able to stop reading any time soon.

TERRIFIC so far!
Delighted to hear that Thin Blood has caused you such a dilemma, badgoodDeb.

I hope you enjoy the second half as much, regardless of when you read it.

P.S. Love your screen name.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #70
alvico
Addict

Another review just in:

Quote:
Loved this book!

A really engaging mystery with a great twist. I really enjoyed the characters and their interactions. I couldn't put it down! Can't wait to read more from Vicki Tyley.
Thank you, lilac_jive! You've made my day.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #71
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
No problem, thanks for the great read
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:04 AM   #72
timfrost
Tim Frost
timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 3
Vicki, thanks for downloading my book - and I just got yours! (And read the opening instead of doing my work)....

Best wishes, Tim
timfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #73
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfrost View Post
Vicki, thanks for downloading my book - and I just got yours! (And read the opening instead of doing my work)....

Best wishes, Tim
Cheers, Tim. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #74
alvico
Addict

I don't know if J Wolfers is a MR member (is there an option to search the members database?), but if he/she is, I'd like to thank them for this review posted on Smashwords:

Quote:
Great read. I really enjoyed it. Fast and fun.
Thank you, J Wolfers!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #75
alvico
Addict

Many thanks to Anabelee for this review:

Quote:
Read it in very few days, and pages went on, and I was still reading. That's good!
I hope you enjoy Sleight Malice.