Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #721
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
We went to Walmart last night, but not for electronics. It was nothing like the videos on youtube LOL. Of course we chose one that's a little out in the country. There weren't any carts available when we got there, but no one was screaming, yelling, fighting, pushing, etc. Everyone was well behaved and it wasn't real noisy, either.
I will never go to Wal-mart on Black Friday again. Did a few years ago and got an entire rack of DVDs knocked onto my head by people shoving. And the employees didn't care at all!

I went to Staples last night. They were more crowded than I have seen them, but well organized. A couple of people were grumpy as they sold out of Kindles very quickly, but overall everyone was pleasant. But I prefer to shop on-line.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #722
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Loose ID sale...

55 Things to Be Grateful for: Thanksgiving, Hanukkah & food-related titles on sale for up to $4 off today thr Mon! (looks like it's actually 59 titles)

Totally Bound (formerly Total-E Bound) is having 10% off all eBooks
(Does not include Early Downloads, titles w/ existing discounts or print books)

Samhain will have something for Cyber Monday apparently.

Did anyone find anything special in the ARe sale?

Last edited by AnemicOak; 11-29-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Advert
Old 11-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #723
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I didn't. I started looking yesterday and got through about 15 or 20 pages and then gave up I wish there was a way to sort by author, publisher, or even sub-genre.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #724
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I didn't. I started looking yesterday and got through about 15 or 20 pages and then gave up I wish there was a way to sort by author, publisher, or even sub-genre.
You got further than I did, I stopped after about half a dozen pages.

Completely horrible way to try and shop so many titles.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 11-29-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #725
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

A Wish to Build a Dream On By Michelle Willingham (novella) is free today for Black Friday.
Quote:
Mary Samson never dreamed that stepping into a fairy circle would send her back in time to medieval Ireland, into the arms of warrior chief Cian MacCorban. Reclusive Cian is a man with the curse of the Sight, knowing exactly when his friends and family members will die. But when he meets Mary, he has only three days to save her life . . . or lose her forever.

This short story is an extended digital re-release that was originally published in the Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance.
Amazon US | Kobo | Smashwords

The Harlequin Historical authors are doing their holiday giveaway calendar again this year...
http://www.jeannielin.com/harlequin-...ay-giveaway-3/

Grand prize is a Fire HDX (or equivalent depending on winners location).

Last edited by AnemicOak; 11-29-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Advert
Old 11-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #726
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Nothing here either... I looked at the first five and last five pages (sorted by price), but couldn't be bothered to look any further.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #727
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
New Samhain freebie:

Love's Rhythm by Lexxie Couper

This should show up free at all the bookstores within a day or so if it isn't already.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #728
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Quote:
You got further than I did, I stopped after about half a dozen pages.

Completely horrible way to try and shop so many titles.

I got an email from allromance.com telling how to narrow it down.

Digi's so glad you asked! The answer is by using the Advanced Search feature on the website to find books that have been marked with the #AREBLAST tag.

If you're not familiar with the Advanced Search feature, Digi's here to tell you how it works.

The Advanced Search link is just to the left of the Quick Search field in the website header. When you click on it, a new window will open.

You'll notice that the Title, Publisher, Author and Tags options appear here just as they do in the Quick Search, but using the Advanced Search, you can narrow the scope of books to just those that are likely to interest you.

The first step is to type in #AREBLAST into the "Tags" text box, because that's the tag that all the participating books have in common.

That's it!

A couple pointers to help you as you shop.

The information in the form is cumulative, so if you select a Publisher, Author, Flame Rating and Category listing, the site will search for books that fit ALL of those criteria, and if none do, you won't see any results. It's best to choose one option to start. You can always narrow the search by adding a second option later.
The Advanced Search keeps the information you've entered in the form after you complete a search, which is great if you're slowly narrowing down your options. However, if you want to start over with an unrelated search, you'll want to click the "Clear Settings" button to remove the settings you specified for the previous search.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #729
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Another Meredith Duran on sale, I liked this one the most of all the ones I've read so far. It got a solid 4.

The Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran - $1.99

Quote:
From exotic sandstone palaces...

Sick of tragedy, done with rebellion, Emmaline Martin vows to settle quietly into British Indian society. But when the pillars of privilege topple, her fiancé's betrayal leaves Emma no choice. She must turn for help to the one man whom she should not trust, but cannot resist: Julian Sinclair, the dangerous and dazzling heir to the Duke of Auburn.

To the marble halls of London...

In London, they toast Sinclair with champagne. In India, they call him a traitor. Cynical and impatient with both worlds, Julian has never imagined that the place he might belong is in the embrace of a woman with a reluctant laugh and haunted eyes. But in a time of terrible darkness, he and Emma will discover that love itself can be perilous -- and that a single decision can alter one's life forever.

Destiny follows wherever you run.

A lifetime of grief later, in a cold London spring, Emma and Julian must finally confront the truth: no matter how hard one tries to deny it, some pasts cannot be disowned...and some passions never die.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #730
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Another Meredith Duran on sale, I liked this one the most of all the ones I've read so far. It got a solid 4.

The Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran - $1.99
I almost bought this full price so glad I waited just a few days.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #731
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Thanks for posting about the Georgette Heyer sale, er, whoever you were. I picked up about 20 of them using Kobo coupons.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #732
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
$.99 Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
I highly recommend it, not an easy story, but beautifully done IMO.

I'm really hoping there's a good sale on ebooks Monday, I have about 10 that I MUST have, and I'd say right now but I'm trying to hold off until then. I have no patience

ETA: Geo-restricted so double check price but supposed to be $1.99 If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

Last edited by Blue2u; 11-30-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: ETA another deal
Old 11-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #733
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
There's definitely no great price on this, but you guys were talking earlier about the dearth of Medieval romances available.

Stephanie Laurens is self publishing at Smashwords under the name M.S. Laurens. The (140K word) book available is "Desire's Prize". She's selling the book for 6.99, so it's definitely no bargain, but I found it at Kobo, so you should be able to use one of the coupon codes if you really want it.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:21 AM   #734
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Started a new thread for December.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #735
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please go here for the new December thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228146

Please observe the posting guidelines.

The November thread is now closed.

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread