Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-17-2021, 08:45 AM   #721
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrid View Post
First and foremost this is a totally awesome plugin. I use it constantly.
I have a question about the fonts that available through the plugin. Does it use the fonts installed on the pc or are they native to the plugin itself?
I installed some fonts to my pc that I would really like to be able to access when I generate a cover but they don't show in the list of available fonts.
I'm pretty sure I've used added fonts.

You may have to quit calibre and restart after adding the fonts to get them to show up in the list.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:59 PM   #722
Katrid
Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: none
Solved: Fonts had to be installed as Administrator for 'all users'.
Katrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2021, 03:54 AM   #723
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question: Is there a way to make two "custom texts" fields, so that one can appear above the image and the other below it?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:35 AM   #724
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Not in the current code.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:46 AM   #725
Dyspeptica
Enthusiast
Dyspeptica began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
@Ownedbycats
Take a look at my post at #440 (page 30). As noted there, there are things which the plugin just cannot do, and you have to look elsewhere. But there *are* easy to use substitutes, for use outside calibre.

You create your cover image *outside of calibre* and use that image when creating the book. The 'convert' program in the ImageMagick suite basically lets you do anything you want. You would create your labels (in your case 'custom fields') and merge them into your cover, together with your image. See the sample at post #440. That image was created by a script, and used in the creation of an epub (presently I have some 16,300 odd created this way, by one chunk of script,).

Creating two banners and sandwiching an image between them is actually quite easy.
If you need help, post here.
Dyspeptica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2021, 07:35 AM   #726
darryn
darryn began at the beginning.

Device: KindleDX, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad,, Calibre, Booksonic
[QUOTE=darryn;4088193]So I think there might be some prank related to/in this plugin. I am running calibre on Windows 10.

UPDATE: I worked out that the problem was in my keyboard - my cat had pressed the "Record Macro" function and then, several hours later, I had searched for "generate covers plugin" and closed a heap of tabs. This was all recorded, including timings, which is why it took hours to happen. I'm still not sure what actually triggers the macro to run, but I was able to factory-erase the keyboard and the problem no longer occurs.

Sorry to have thought that the plugin was at fault - I guess the warning in calibre about untrusted plugins got stuck in my head.
darryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 12:17 PM   #727
timepiece
timepiece began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2019
colors inverted

I've been using this plugin to make covers for all my fanfiction (so awesome), but I have an issue in that a few of my covers are showing up on the Kindle inverted. All of the covers this happens with are >80% black. Most are PNG, but at least one is JPG. There are 4 different cover designs on 8 different titles.

They look fine on Calibre. And I am running my Kindle (Oasis) in dark mode, but that does not affect any other cover image (some of which have just as much black), so I'm not sure why it would on these.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can can force them to display normally?
timepiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:04 AM   #728
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I honestly know very little about the image generation parts of GC. I mostly just keep it updated for Calibre changes.

However, if you can post an example ebook or two that exhibit the problem, I will at least look at it.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:58 PM   #729
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Does Kindle use RGB or BGR?

My Kobo Aura HD was greyscale, but when I looked at the covers in Calibre's device view all the colour channels were swapped and it looked pretty messed up.

My solution was to upload the covers with Kobo Utilities. Unfortunately, that won't work for a Kindle.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 06:45 PM   #730
timepiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I honestly know very little about the image generation parts of GC. I mostly just keep it updated for Calibre changes.

However, if you can post an example ebook or two that exhibit the problem, I will at least look at it.
Sure. They're not purchased ebooks, they're downloads from Ao3 Both of these show me inverted covers, two different images.
Attached Files
File Type: azw3 Floor 37 - Closer.azw3 (77.2 KB, 91 views)
File Type: azw3 Imprimatur - Closer.azw3 (168.4 KB, 91 views)
Old 01-03-2022, 07:27 PM   #731
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timepiece View Post
Sure. They're not purchased ebooks, they're downloads from Ao3 Both of these show me inverted covers, two different images.
Hmm. I don't see anything going wrong in my Kindle Paperwhite with those files, nor looking at the extracted cover jpegs.

No idea, sorry.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:54 PM   #732
timepiece

Well, thanks for looking.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2022, 11:41 AM   #733
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

2022-01-12

- Changes for upcoming Qt6 Calibre

This version contains changes necessary for the upcoming Qt6 Calibre version.

I haven't tested against every version, but this should still be backward compatible to v2.85.1 and newer.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-21-2022 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 01-21-2022, 10:54 AM   #734
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.1.0 - 21 Jan 2022
- Changes for upcoming Qt6 Calibre
Old 02-14-2022, 08:05 PM   #735
sassejane
sassejane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Something I've noticed on a recent batch of books from AO3 sent to my Kindle - the generated cover is only adding to the first format (EPUB), not all formats - I convert fic to MOBI on import to send to Kindle.

I don't know if this is a new bug, or just one I hadn't noticed before, or some obscure checkbox I've missed. I couldn't see any "apply to all versions" setting in Generate Covers, or anything in the book metadata or setups.

The cover gets applied to the MOBI file if I reconvert the book after adding the cover, so I've added that to the Action Chain in the meantime. I'm guessing any updated stories would pick up the generated cover from the ePub so it's only newly imported books that are affected.
sassejane is offline   Reply With Quote