Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-20-2020, 11:00 PM   #721
zenwolfe
zenwolfe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do the books the annotations are on match to books in the library? And does the title and author in the "My Clippings.txt" file match the title and author elsewhere? These all have to match for the annotation to be fetched.

Other than that, I'd need to see a debug log. Run calibre in debug mode, fetch the annotations and close calibre. Then post or PM the debug log with the "My Clippings.txt" file with some details of what is being missed. I will have a look and hopefully see if I can see what is happening.
They do match, yes. The title and everything matches as far as I know. I'm attaching both files to this reply. The details are that no annotations/highlights are transferring over for the book The Circadian Code, not sure why. There may be stuff not transferring for other books too but that I'm not sure about as I have not thoroughly checked.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpgzLdsH.txt (625.2 KB, 189 views)
File Type: txt My Clippings.txt (377.6 KB, 202 views)
zenwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:35 PM   #722
Mortacci
Mortacci began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
Hello. I am on Tolino Vision 3HD. I noticed that if an annotation contains another paragraph (I really don't know how to say it in english. Basically: what happens when you press Enter on the keyboard) the annotation is fetched empty or only the first paragraph is fetched.

Plus, pages are all in order, but the annotations of the pages are not. I don't know if it is caused by the empty annotations. I'll make an example of this issue to be sure to be clear:
Annotations in the book are:

Page 100: 111111
Page 100: 222222
Page 100: 333333

Page 101: 111111
Page 101: 222222
Page 101: 333333

But the fetched annotations are:
Page 100: 333333
Page 100: 111111
Page 100: 222222

Page 101: 111111
Page 101: 333333
Page 101: 222222

Pages are in order, but annotation inside pages not.
Mortacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2020, 07:52 PM   #723
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Mortacci: It wouldn't surprise me that a new-line in an annotation would cause problems. I'm not sure whether that would cause the ordering problems. Can you post or PM the annotations file? And the incorrect imported annotations from it. I can probably reproduce the problem here, but, it helps to see real examples in case I miss something.

@zenwolfe: My apologies, I just haven't had a chance to look at this. I'll try to over the weekend.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:48 PM   #724
Mortacci

Quote:
@Mortacci: It wouldn't surprise me that a new-line in an annotation would cause problems. I'm not sure whether that would cause the ordering problems. Can you post or PM the annotations file? And the incorrect imported annotations from it. I can probably reproduce the problem here, but, it helps to see real examples in case I miss something.
I've studied the original notes file a bit, and i have to say it's a real mess. This device really sucks.
I took out a little piece of the annotations file for you, because the original is huge, there are a lot of annotations. It's in italian, too. I hope it can be somewhat useful for you.

Here's the original file, directly from Tolino (i don't know why, this site automatically adds asterisks in it) (the bold annotation is the one missing in the imported ones, because it has the new line):
Spoiler:
-----------------------------------

Platone E L'Europa (Patočka, Jan)
Evidenziazione*a pagina*186: "è poi possibile*dire che questo soggetto o questo io, questo essere puro del mio io,*costituisce nel suo compimento gli oggetti? Si può dire che la soggettività intesa in questo modo è il fenomeno profondo?"
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 18:25

Evidenziazione*a pagina*186: "Qui interviene Heidegger e domanda: cos’è in realtà l’esperienza continuativa di questo oggetto? Non è altro che un’interpretazione,*un’esplicitazione di ciò che si dà. E cos’è un’esplicitazione?*Un’esplicitazione è una maniera di comprensione. Cosa devo comprendere quando ho davanti a me l’ente? Questo ente, devo comprendere quello che significa essere"
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 18:36

Evidenziazione*a pagina*186-187: "Si tratta ora di toccare con mano questa comprensione dell’essere, che ci deve guidare e che sola rende il fenomeno*fenomeno, che sola fa sì che ciò che si mostra a me sia effettivamente tovaglia, tavola, stanza, eccetera. Sta qui il passaggio dal fenomeno patente al fenomeno latente."
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 18:36

Evidenziazione*a pagina*187: "il problema della manifestazione è più profondo, più fondamentale, più originario del*problema dell’essere. Semplicemente perché non posso arrivare al*problema dell’essere se non attraverso il problema della manifestazione"
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 18:37

Evidenziazione*a pagina*188: "*Heidegger ha notato, molto giusta"
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 18:43

Evidenziazione*a pagina*188: "mente e profondamente, che il*tempo è qualcosa che è da sempre ritenuto l’orizzonte all’interno del*quale l’ente si determina, si rivela e si definisce, pur non essendo*stato tematizzato, ma solo per una sorta di necessità istintiva. Ma l’orizzonte è altro dalla cosa stessa che si rivela all’orizzonte. L’essere*non si può mostrare a noi senza il tempo, ma l’essere non è il tempo,*e il tempo non è l’essere."
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 18:43

Evidenziazione*a pagina*188: "L’ente reale è un essere nel tempo. Per l’ente ideale*(per esempio una struttura logica) il tempo è privo di"
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 18:44

Evidenziazione*a pagina*188: " senso.*"
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 18:44

Evidenziazione*a pagina*188: "Che cos’è il Dasein? La parola stessa lo dice: Sein das da ist, l’essere che è qui, in forma concreta determinata. E' un essere situato. Che cos’è l’«essere situato»?"
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 19:02

Evidenziazione*a pagina*188: " il cogito cartesiano garantisce solo l’essere puro, e non, come pensa Husserl, tutta la diversità del flusso della*coscienza che si coglie in modo riflesso"
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 19:02

Evidenziazione*a pagina*188-189: "comprende l’essere nel senso che è in grado di comprendere il fatto che le cose siano. Questo si*manifesta nel fatto che le cose si mostrano a lui: le cose non si manifestano a nessun altro essere"
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 19:04

Evidenziazione*a pagina*188: "cosa caratterizza l’essere del Dasein? Il fatto che, a differenza di tutto il resto*dell’ente, il Dasein comprende il suo essere.

Cosa vuol dire questo? Il Dasein"
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 19:05

Evidenziazione*a pagina*189: " il Dasein è diverso dalle cose. In che modo? In*modo tale che il fatto che lui stesso e le cose siano non gli è indifferente - questo lo riguarda. Né le cose né la sua propria esistenza*sono per lui un semplice fatto. Questo non vuol dire che il Dasein*prima sia e poi constati che ci sono cose. Questo equivarrebbe ad*interpretare l’essere del Dasein secondo il modo d’essere delle cose*che non possono essere toccate dal fatto che sono, che sono indifferenti"
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 19:06

Evidenziazione*a pagina*189: " Il Dasein, al*contrario, è caratterizzato, nel suo ente, dal fatto che si rapporta al*suo essere e all’essere di tutte le altre cose, mediante il suo essere*comprensivo. Questo significa che noi realizziamo il nostro essere,*che portiamo il nostro essere, che esso per noi non è dato passivamente, come lo è l’essere delle cose. Noi rapportiamo le cose all’essere. Le cose stesse sono indifferenti. L’uomo, il Dasein, mai."
Aggiunto il*07.05.2020 | 19:07

Here's the imported annotations (if you see notes here that are not in the original, it's due to the wrong order: they come from a part above the one i took out from the original):
Spoiler:

Page: 186

è poi possibile dire che questo soggetto o questo io, questo essere puro del mio io, costituisce nel suo compimento gli oggetti? Si può dire che la soggettività intesa in questo modo è il fenomeno profondo?

Qui interviene Heidegger e domanda: cos’è in realtà l’esperienza continuativa di questo oggetto? Non è altro che un’interpretazione, un’esplicitazione di ciò che si dà. E cos’è un’esplicitazione? Un’esplicitazione è una maniera di comprensione. Cosa devo comprendere quando ho davanti a me l’ente? Questo ente, devo comprendere quello che significa essere

ale sguardo rivolto all’interno, che coglie nella sua originarietà qualcosa che già c’era. Esiste questo coglimento di se stesso nella sua originarietà con uno sguardo rivolto verso l’interno? Il fenomeno della fenomenologia è realmente una semplice conversione dello sguardo dall’esterno verso l’interno? Tutto questo, in particolare questo coglimento originario, è solo una metafora. Husserl si richiama qui a Descartes, al cogito sum di Descartes, alla certezza di sé della coscienza. Tuttavia, la certezza di sé della coscienza riguarda solo il sum·, il resto non è implicato, oltre questo coglimento originario di sé

Page: 186-187

Si tratta ora di toccare con mano questa comprensione dell’essere, che ci deve guidare e che sola rende il fenomeno fenomeno, che sola fa sì che ciò che si mostra a me sia effettivamente tovaglia, tavola, stanza, eccetera. Sta qui il passaggio dal fenomeno patente al fenomeno latente.

La critica consisterebbe allora nel domandare se disponiamo effettivamente di ta

Page: 187

il problema della manifestazione è più profondo, più fondamentale, più originario del problema dell’essere. Semplicemente perché non posso arrivare al problema dell’essere se non attraverso il problema della manifestazione

Page: 188

L’ente reale è un essere nel tempo. Per l’ente ideale (per esempio una struttura logica) il tempo è privo di

senso.

mente e profondamente, che il tempo è qualcosa che è da sempre ritenuto l’orizzonte all’interno del quale l’ente si determina, si rivela e si definisce, pur non essendo stato tematizzato, ma solo per una sorta di necessità istintiva. Ma l’orizzonte è altro dalla cosa stessa che si rivela all’orizzonte. L’essere non si può mostrare a noi senza il tempo, ma l’essere non è il tempo, e il tempo non è l’essere.

Heidegger ha notato, molto giusta

il cogito cartesiano garantisce solo l’essere puro, e non, come pensa Husserl, tutta la diversità del flusso della coscienza che si coglie in modo riflesso

Che cos’è il Dasein? La parola stessa lo dice: Sein das da ist, l’essere che è qui, in forma concreta determinata. E' un essere situato. Che cos’è l’«essere situato»?

Page: 188-189

comprende l’essere nel senso che è in grado di comprendere il fatto che le cose siano. Questo si manifesta nel fatto che le cose si mostrano a lui: le cose non si manifestano a nessun altro essere

Page: 189

il Dasein è diverso dalle cose. In che modo? In modo tale che il fatto che lui stesso e le cose siano non gli è indifferente - questo lo riguarda. Né le cose né la sua propria esistenza sono per lui un semplice fatto. Questo non vuol dire che il Dasein prima sia e poi constati che ci sono cose. Questo equivarrebbe ad interpretare l’essere del Dasein secondo il modo d’essere delle cose che non possono essere toccate dal fatto che sono, che sono indifferenti

Page: 189

Il Dasein, al contrario, è caratterizzato, nel suo ente, dal fatto che si rapporta al suo essere e all’essere di tutte le altre cose, mediante il suo essere comprensivo. Questo significa che noi realizziamo il nostro essere, che portiamo il nostro essere, che esso per noi non è dato passivamente, come lo è l’essere delle cose. Noi rapportiamo le cose all’essere. Le cose stesse sono indifferenti. L’uomo, il Dasein, mai.

And the html of the imported annotations, too:
Spoiler:
Code:
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="0" bgcolor="#d3d3d3">
<tbody><tr>
<td bgcolor="transparent">
<p style="margin-left: 0px; text-indent: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px"><strong style="color: #000000; background-color: transparent">Page: 186</strong></p></td>
<td bgcolor="transparent"></td></tr></tbody></table>
<p>è poi possibile dire che questo soggetto o questo io, questo essere puro del mio io, costituisce nel suo compimento gli oggetti? Si può dire che la soggettività intesa in questo modo è il fenomeno profondo?</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="0" bgcolor="#d3d3d3">
<tbody><tr>
<p style="margin-left: 0px; text-indent: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px"><strong style="color: #000000; background-color: transparent">Page: 186</strong></p></td>
<p>Qui interviene Heidegger e domanda: cos’è in realtà l’esperienza continuativa di questo oggetto? Non è altro che un’interpretazione, un’esplicitazione di ciò che si dà. E cos’è un’esplicitazione? Un’esplicitazione è una maniera di comprensione. Cosa devo comprendere quando ho davanti a me l’ente? Questo ente, devo comprendere quello che significa essere</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p>ale sguardo rivolto all’interno, che coglie nella sua originarietà qualcosa che già c’era. Esiste questo coglimento di se stesso nella sua originarietà con uno sguardo rivolto verso l’interno? Il fenomeno della fenomenologia è realmente una semplice conversione dello sguardo dall’esterno verso l’interno? Tutto questo, in particolare questo coglimento originario, è solo una metafora. Husserl si richiama qui a Descartes, al cogito sum di Descartes, alla certezza di sé della coscienza. Tuttavia, la certezza di sé della coscienza riguarda solo il sum·, il resto non è implicato, oltre questo coglimento originario di sé </p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p style="margin-left: 0px; text-indent: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px"><strong style="color: #000000; background-color: transparent">Page: 186-187</strong></p></td>
<p>Si tratta ora di toccare con mano questa comprensione dell’essere, che ci deve guidare e che sola rende il fenomeno fenomeno, che sola fa sì che ciò che si mostra a me sia effettivamente tovaglia, tavola, stanza, eccetera. Sta qui il passaggio dal fenomeno patente al fenomeno latente.</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p>La critica consisterebbe allora nel domandare se disponiamo effettivamente di ta</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p style="margin-left: 0px; text-indent: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px"><strong style="color: #000000; background-color: transparent">Page: 187</strong></p></td>
<p>il problema della manifestazione è più profondo, più fondamentale, più originario del problema dell’essere. Semplicemente perché non posso arrivare al problema dell’essere se non attraverso il problema della manifestazione</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p style="margin-left: 0px; text-indent: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px"><strong style="color: #000000; background-color: transparent">Page: 188</strong></p></td>
<p>L’ente reale è un essere nel tempo. Per l’ente ideale (per esempio una struttura logica) il tempo è privo di</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p style="margin-left: 0px; text-indent: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px"><strong style="color: #000000; background-color: transparent">Page: 188</strong></p></td>
<p>senso. </p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p>mente e profondamente, che il tempo è qualcosa che è da sempre ritenuto l’orizzonte all’interno del quale l’ente si determina, si rivela e si definisce, pur non essendo stato tematizzato, ma solo per una sorta di necessità istintiva. Ma l’orizzonte è altro dalla cosa stessa che si rivela all’orizzonte. L’essere non si può mostrare a noi senza il tempo, ma l’essere non è il tempo, e il tempo non è l’essere.</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p>Heidegger ha notato, molto giusta</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p>il cogito cartesiano garantisce solo l’essere puro, e non, come pensa Husserl, tutta la diversità del flusso della coscienza che si coglie in modo riflesso</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p>Che cos’è il Dasein? La parola stessa lo dice: Sein das da ist, l’essere che è qui, in forma concreta determinata. E' un essere situato. Che cos’è l’«essere situato»?</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p style="margin-left: 0px; text-indent: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px"><strong style="color: #000000; background-color: transparent">Page: 188-189</strong></p></td>
<p>comprende l’essere nel senso che è in grado di comprendere il fatto che le cose siano. Questo si manifesta nel fatto che le cose si mostrano a lui: le cose non si manifestano a nessun altro essere</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p style="margin-left: 0px; text-indent: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px"><strong style="color: #000000; background-color: transparent">Page: 189</strong></p></td>
<p>il Dasein è diverso dalle cose. In che modo? In modo tale che il fatto che lui stesso e le cose siano non gli è indifferente - questo lo riguarda. Né le cose né la sua propria esistenza sono per lui un semplice fatto. Questo non vuol dire che il Dasein prima sia e poi constati che ci sono cose. Questo equivarrebbe ad interpretare l’essere del Dasein secondo il modo d’essere delle cose che non possono essere toccate dal fatto che sono, che sono indifferenti</p>
<hr width="80%">
<p> </p>
<tbody><tr>
<p style="margin-left: 0px; text-indent: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px"><strong style="color: #000000; background-color: transparent">Page: 189</strong></p></td>
<p>Il Dasein, al contrario, è caratterizzato, nel suo ente, dal fatto che si rapporta al suo essere e all’essere di tutte le altre cose, mediante il suo essere comprensivo. Questo significa che noi realizziamo il nostro essere, che portiamo il nostro essere, che esso per noi non è dato passivamente, come lo è l’essere delle cose. Noi rapportiamo le cose all’essere. Le cose stesse sono indifferenti. L’uomo, il Dasein, mai.</p></div>
Old 05-07-2020, 10:18 PM   #725
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortacci View Post
I've studied the original notes file a bit, and i have to say it's a real mess. This device really sucks.
I took out a little piece of the annotations file for you, because the original is huge, there are a lot of annotations. It's in italian, too. I hope it can be somewhat useful for you.

Here's the original file, directly from Tolino (i don't know why, this site automatically adds asterisks in it) (the bold annotation is the one missing in the imported ones, because it has the new line):
Can you post the file as an attachment? The asterisks are a sign that the contents of the file aren't surviving the forum post properly. It's likely to be non-display characters causing the problems.

The order of the annotations within the page should be the order they are in the file. Which should be the order they were made. The file that tolino uses and plugin reads is basically a log file. The device appends new annotations to the end as they are made. I will check in case there is a sort happening that shouldn't, but it should be using the position or timestamp.
Advert
Old 05-08-2020, 09:50 AM   #726
Mortacci

Quote:
Can you post the file as an attachment? The asterisks are a sign that the contents of the file aren't surviving the forum post properly. It's likely to be non-display characters causing the problems.

The order of the annotations within the page should be the order they are in the file. Which should be the order they were made. The file that tolino uses and plugin reads is basically a log file. The device appends new annotations to the end as they are made. I will check in case there is a sort happening that shouldn't, but it should be using the position or timestamp.
Here's the attachments (original.txt, fetched.txt and fetched html.txt).
One thing about the order: Tolino saves annotations in order of creation, but i saw that the plugin re-sort them by page. Is that right? (and I find it very useful) I'm quite sure because there are some notes at the beginning of the book that i took some time later, and in the fetched notes they stay among the others at the beginning. And this could be a little explanation of the wrong order: the plugin can sort by page, but cannot know where the notes stay inside the page (let's say: cannot know the "hierarchy" of the notes), he only knows the date of creation. So the notes took some time later could be wrong-sorted for sure and there's nothing we can do about it.
Anyway, the annotations i took out for you are all in order in the original file, both by page than by "hierarchy", however they are not in the same order in the fetched one.
Given all this, i realized it could be due to the fact some notes has the same hour of creation. Without any other indications, maybe the plugin sort them in other ways (maybe alphabetical?). However, there is a strange fact. If you analyze, for example, the first three annotations, you see they are created at 18.23, 18.23 and 18.25. Instead, in the fetched annotations the ones took at 18.23 come after the one took at 18.25.
Now, after i wrote all this, i made a last important discover: it seems that the book of the annotations i took out for you ("Platone e l'Europa") is the only one with this sorting problem. But I tried to paste here some notes of the other books and in the preview it still put the asterisks in them. So, i attach the original entire notes file (notes.txt) too, if you want to search for some kind of non-display characters in all the annotations.
Thank you for the support
Attached Files
File Type: txt notes.txt (740.9 KB, 189 views)
File Type: txt original.txt (6.3 KB, 173 views)
File Type: txt fetched.txt (4.1 KB, 182 views)
File Type: txt fetched html.txt (10.1 KB, 175 views)
Old 05-09-2020, 04:53 AM   #727
zenwolfe

Quote:

@zenwolfe: My apologies, I just haven't had a chance to look at this. I'll try to over the weekend.
No worries, sounds good! Hopefully you can find something.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:58 AM   #728
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortacci View Post
Here's the attachments (original.txt, fetched.txt and fetched html.txt).
One thing about the order: Tolino saves annotations in order of creation, but i saw that the plugin re-sort them by page. Is that right? (and I find it very useful) I'm quite sure because there are some notes at the beginning of the book that i took some time later, and in the fetched notes they stay among the others at the beginning. And this could be a little explanation of the wrong order: the plugin can sort by page, but cannot know where the notes stay inside the page (let's say: cannot know the "hierarchy" of the notes), he only knows the date of creation. So the notes took some time later could be wrong-sorted for sure and there's nothing we can do about it.
Anyway, the annotations i took out for you are all in order in the original file, both by page than by "hierarchy", however they are not in the same order in the fetched one.
Given all this, i realized it could be due to the fact some notes has the same hour of creation. Without any other indications, maybe the plugin sort them in other ways (maybe alphabetical?). However, there is a strange fact. If you analyze, for example, the first three annotations, you see they are created at 18.23, 18.23 and 18.25. Instead, in the fetched annotations the ones took at 18.23 come after the one took at 18.25.
Now, after i wrote all this, i made a last important discover: it seems that the book of the annotations i took out for you ("Platone e l'Europa") is the only one with this sorting problem. But I tried to paste here some notes of the other books and in the preview it still put the asterisks in them. So, i attach the original entire notes file (notes.txt) too, if you want to search for some kind of non-display characters in all the annotations.
Thank you for the support
The simple one is the asterisks. That character is a non-breaking space. Something isn't liking it and replacing it with the asterisk. The non-breaking space is expected in the file and handled.

I'm going to come back to the sorting. I'm hoping it is a side effect of the other problem.

For the missing annotations, I cannot reproduce it here. I have changed my epos to Italian in case it was related to that, but, no change. What I have missed asking for is a debug log. Can you run calibre in debug mode and fetch the annotations? There is a lot of debugging output that should show where it is going wrong.

The debug mode is started from the preferences button. Calibre will restart and display a message about the debug log. Connect the device and when the jobs have finished, fetch the annotations. Then close calibre and the debug log will be displayed. Post the full log. Or upload it somewhere and PM the link to me.

It would also be good to see the book. If it legally downloadable somewhere, please post the link. Or again, upload it somewhere and PM me the link.

Lastly, what version of calibre are you running? And OS?
Old 05-09-2020, 10:11 PM   #729
Mortacci

Quote:
The simple one is the asterisks. That character is a non-breaking space. Something isn't liking it and replacing it with the asterisk. The non-breaking space is expected in the file and handled.

I'm going to come back to the sorting. I'm hoping it is a side effect of the other problem.

For the missing annotations, I cannot reproduce it here. I have changed my epos to Italian in case it was related to that, but, no change. What I have missed asking for is a debug log. Can you run calibre in debug mode and fetch the annotations? There is a lot of debugging output that should show where it is going wrong.

The debug mode is started from the preferences button. Calibre will restart and display a message about the debug log. Connect the device and when the jobs have finished, fetch the annotations. Then close calibre and the debug log will be displayed. Post the full log. Or upload it somewhere and PM the link to me.

It would also be good to see the book. If it legally downloadable somewhere, please post the link. Or again, upload it somewhere and PM me the link.

Lastly, what version of calibre are you running? And OS?
I have Calibre 4.15 64bit, and i run Windows 10 Home, version 1809 build 17763.1158.
I'll PM you the other information
Old 05-31-2020, 10:14 PM   #730
zenwolfe

Quote:

Hi david, was just wondering if you've had chance to take a look at this by now! Thought I'd send a reminder.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:02 AM   #731
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenwolfe View Post
They do match, yes. The title and everything matches as far as I know. I'm attaching both files to this reply. The details are that no annotations/highlights are transferring over for the book The Circadian Code, not sure why. There may be stuff not transferring for other books too but that I'm not sure about as I have not thoroughly checked.
Finally found time to look at this. And remembered to. Unfortunately, I messed up. The debug log doesn't show much. And that is because I forgot to ask you to turn the plugins debug option on. I have it on all the time, so I always forget it. Could you turn it on and try the fetch again?

I have been able to validate the clippings file is formatted as I expect it to be. And has 894 annotations in it. The log does tell me that it is finding annotations for two books. One is "Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect" by Jonice Webb. The other is "Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy" by David D. Burns. Is that correct?
Old 06-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #732
zenwolfe

Quote:
Finally found time to look at this. And remembered to. Unfortunately, I messed up. The debug log doesn't show much. And that is because I forgot to ask you to turn the plugins debug option on. I have it on all the time, so I always forget it. Could you turn it on and try the fetch again?

I have been able to validate the clippings file is formatted as I expect it to be. And has 894 annotations in it. The log does tell me that it is finding annotations for two books. One is "Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect" by Jonice Webb. The other is "Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy" by David D. Burns. Is that correct?
Turned it on and fetching, attaching the debug log and my clippings here. Sadly all of my notes/highlights for The Circadian Code have disappeared off my kindle, so I made new highlights just before trying to fetch and all again. Still didn't work. Also, for the book Feeling Good, it keeps saying it has annotations to fetch, 80 or so i believe, but then it never does it (as in it keeps coming up that it still has to grab them). Let me know if there's any questions or anything else I should do. Thanks!

Damn, the text file is too big (over 1mb), so I can't attach it here. Do you have an email or somewhere I can send it to?
Attached Files
File Type: txt My Clippings.txt (380.9 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by zenwolfe; 06-06-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:09 PM   #733
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenwolfe View Post
Turned it on and fetching, attaching the debug log and my clippings here. Sadly all of my notes/highlights for The Circadian Code have disappeared off my kindle, so I made new highlights just before trying to fetch and all again. Still didn't work. Also, for the book Feeling Good, it keeps saying it has annotations to fetch, 80 or so i believe, but then it never does it (as in it keeps coming up that it still has to grab them). Let me know if there's any questions or anything else I should do. Thanks!
The plugin should fetch all annotations for all books each time. They should all appear in the dialog. After that, it merges the new annotations with the existing ones and updates the column. If you do the fetch two times in a row, the second shouldn't update anything.
Quote:
Damn, the text file is too big (over 1mb), so I can't attach it here. Do you have an email or somewhere I can send it to?
You could zip it. Or, upload it somewhere and PM the link to me.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:15 PM   #734
zenwolfe

Quote:
The plugin should fetch all annotations for all books each time. They should all appear in the dialog. After that, it merges the new annotations with the existing ones and updates the column. If you do the fetch two times in a row, the second shouldn't update anything.

You could zip it. Or, upload it somewhere and PM the link to me.
totally forgot i could zip it lol. done.
Attached Files
File Type: zip debug log.txt.zip (321.3 KB, 179 views)
Old 06-07-2020, 04:17 AM   #735
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The log has:

Code:
DEBUG:   21.8    Annotation for Title=='The Circadian Code: Lose Weight, Supercharge Your Energy, and Transform Your Health from Morning to Midnight'
DEBUG:   21.8      Title not found in books on device
Which means that the plugin cannot match the title that is in the clippings file, with a book on the device. Can you tell me:
  • How did the book get on the device? Sideloaded, purchased or via email?
  • What is the full file name and path for the book on the device?
  • What is the exact title for the book in your calibre library?
  • When the device is connected, does calibre show that the book on the device is matched to the library?
  • What is the save template in the driver?

I have never liked how the plugin does the book matching for Kindles. This is from before I took over the plugin. The way that it is done obviously has issue. There is a "confidence level" that is used to prompt to check, but, it needs a reasonable match before that happens. Answers to the above questions might help work out how to fix it.

For Kobo devices, I short-circuited it as I knew how the devices and the driver worked. Similarly for the tolino. I probably should change the Kindle matching to be similar, but, I don't have a way to test this when doing the development.

Tags
sampleexportingapp