Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-20-2023, 06:44 AM   #706
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
@Clark: Just installed Bear and tested it, it works in Marvin3

Edit: @Mtnguy321 I would contact MapleRead about this

Last edited by Wiggo; 09-20-2023 at 06:59 AM.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 12:33 PM   #707
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
https://www.macobserver.com/news/ios...eme-hijacking/
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2023, 11:57 PM   #708
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
Yes, your link confirms that the function has not been desupported.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:58 PM   #709
Mtnguy321
Mtnguy321 doesn't litterMtnguy321 doesn't litter

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
Yes, I remember that. It was not specifically a Marvin functionality, but an iOS interface that was later considered a security risk and therefore desupported by Apple.
Something different because it still works with Marvin.
Mtnguy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 10:49 PM   #710
Wiggo
Leftutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnguy321 View Post
Something different because it still works with Marvin.
Did you contact MapleRead? Keep us posted please!
Advert
Old 09-24-2023, 09:04 AM   #711
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I like the new Magnify Book Cover feature. It would be great if I could modify the action when I press the thumbnail in list mode to immediately do Zoom from Magnify Book Cover instead of opening the book's info. Then while zoomed in I'd like to have an Open Book button on one of the bottom corners and be able to swipe to the next book while following current sort order, kind of like a cover browser.

Don't know if the devs are even reading this thread lol
culytera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 01:27 PM   #712
Grins
Connoisseur
Grins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo(s), Pocketbook(s), MacBook Pro, iPhone
iOS, calibre and series

Sorry, if this has been asked before - but I did not find a straightforward answer:

How do you import the calibre series information into MapleRead on an iPhone?

With good old Marvin I always used "save to disk" in calibre (the book are named SERIES SERIESNUMBER TITLE AUTHORLastName AUTHORFirstname.epub) and then copied them by Finder (I have a MacBook) into the Files directory directly into Marvin.

Using the same method with MapleRead the epub's are displayed fine in MapleRead but the series information is missing.

Any recommendations?
Grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 06:43 PM   #713
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grins View Post
How do you import the calibre series information into MapleRead on an iPhone?
It’s already imported if it’s in the book’s metadata. You can see them through the Sort Order options (middle button at the bottom): Author + Series and Series. It’s also shown when you press the thumbnail in list mode which opens the book’s info page.
Old 09-26-2023, 12:44 AM   #714
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
MapleRead SE 5 was just installed on my iPads. When I went to import a book, I discovered MaplePop has made it more convoluted by adding another step to launch the exchange button. It is no longer immediately available when in Library View but is now buried in a new menu. It took me several attempts to locate it again. Also the "Edit" button has been replaced by an icon that doesn't make any sense - I only discovered it was of editing the library when I tapped on it. Apparently version 5 is a bunch of changes only for change sake. Looks like there is going to be a very steep relearning curve ahead.
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 05:15 AM   #715
culytera
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by culytera View Post
I like the new Magnify Book Cover feature. It would be great if I could modify the action when I press the thumbnail in list mode to immediately do Zoom from Magnify Book Cover instead of opening the book's info. Then while zoomed in I'd like to have an Open Book button on one of the bottom corners and be able to swipe to the next book while following current sort order, kind of like a cover browser.

Don't know if the devs are even reading this thread lol
I should’ve read the app’s Help section before commenting lol, I just needed to double tap the book cover to open the Magnify Cover Book view. Only things I need now are the Open Book button and being able to browse from within the zoomed-in cover view.
Old 09-26-2023, 09:42 AM   #716
Grins
Connoisseur
Grins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo(s), Pocketbook(s), MacBook Pro, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by culytera View Post
It’s already imported if it’s in the book’s metadata. You can see them through the Sort Order options (middle button at the bottom): Author + Series and Series. It’s also shown when you press the thumbnail in list mode which opens the book’s info page.
Oh yes!! You are right!

The functionality is there, but I think I need some time to understand the operating philosophy

Thank you very much!
Grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 10:22 AM   #717
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
If MapleRead SE would just add the series under the title along with the author it would be really helpful. Currently I have to add the series in front of the title in Calibre so it shows up in MapleRead. Yes, I can sort every time but that doesn't allow me the information I need. I need to see my books in Date Added order, but showing title, author and series.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 12:56 PM   #718
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
I’ve found in the last few days (not sure if it happened with an update or with iOS 17 or is unrelated) that I can’t access footnotes. I get a message, “No footnote found!” It’s happened in several books, and when I open the same book in other apps (Yomu, Apple Books, Marvin) the footnotes work fine.

Has anyone else had this issue?

MapleRead SE v5.0, iPadOS 17.0.2
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 03:28 PM   #719
Wiggo
Leftutti

I just checked 3 books and the footnotes work fine.
Old 09-28-2023, 03:43 PM   #720
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
I just checked 3 books and the footnotes work fine.
Thank you. I wonder why mine are being difficult.

Edit: The problem started half way through a book. They’d been working fine, and suddenly weren’t.

Last edited by Insalata; 09-28-2023 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added info.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread