Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 02:47 AM   #706
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
May 19, 2013 was when it was added to Amazon.

I just finished Slave to Sensation! 5 stars! Amazing! Brilliant! Author had me guessing from page one to the end. It's the best book I've read all year. Can't wait to start book two. Angela Dawe does an awesome job as narrator.
Well, I just finished the 2nd book - Visions of Heat - and it's as awesome as the first one! I have another book I must finish by Saturday because I'm meeting with a couple of friends (mini bookclub) then to discuss it. Till then I'll be impatient to get to the third book in the series
Old 05-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #707
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I love almost every one of Nalini Singh's books. I envy you the joy of newly discovering her series!
I'm just psyched I have the opportunity to gorge myself on them one after the other without having to wait for the next book to come out ... the beauty of starting a well-established series
Advert
Old 05-30-2013, 02:53 AM   #708
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'm just psyched I have the opportunity to gorge myself on them one after the other without having to wait for the next book to come out ... the beauty of starting a well-established series
Yes it is! I will start book two later today after some sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I love almost every one of Nalini Singh's books. I envy you the joy of newly discovering her series!
I am just happy to find something really amazing to read finally.
I haven't felt this excited since I started the Midnight Breed series.
I love the world building and you don't know what's going to happen so you just hang on for the ride.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 AM   #709
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
May 19, 2013 was when it was added to Amazon.

I just finished Slave to Sensation! 5 stars! Amazing! Brilliant! Author had me guessing from page one to the end. It's the best book I've read all year. Can't wait to start book two. Angela Dawe does an awesome job as narrator.
I've now read the first four books and first novella (plus books 10 and 11). Books 1 and 3 are by far my favorites. Still hoping to read the rest before Tuesday. I didn't get as much reading time this week as I'd wanted.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #710
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
You guys are making me want to read this series... ENABLERS you are!!! It's almost impossible for me to pay full price for an ebook, though. I don't know if I can do it. I know that once I start the series, if I like it, the $$ concerns will go out the window and I'll end up paying full price for all of them to satisy the glomming urge It's like seeing that bag of MnMs on the counter. You know once you open it, you won't stop till the whole bag is gone. If you can just hold on to your will power, you know you'll be safe...Or at least not OD'ed on chocolate!

It doesn't help, either, to know I have a million and two books in my TBR and my reading appetite is craving something I don't already have... geez... it's a disease.
I know what you mean. I still do that upon occasion. That is why my sister and I set up a family and friends network. (she is the enabler since she works at B&N) I am so jealous that she gets ARC to upcoming books. We share our libraries, lend books, fill each others MP3's, and enable each other! My friend Mary and I each got an second MP3 player to exchange audiobooks from our audible accounts. We have chats as to who is going to get what, if it lendable and so on.

Yes I know, I am an enabler! Nalini Singh's books are so awesome. I started out with them in paperback. Then my sister had to tell me about the audiobook and I re-read them that way. I have to say that the 7th one is my favorite so far. That's Blaze of Memory. And I will not say I am sorry, since I think I was the one who brought up not being able to wait for her new book. I have my own guess as to who the ghost is........

Oh, and I forgot to say to check your library. They are very popular and you should be able to find them there for the price of a library card.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Removed username from quote, as it is no longer in service.
Advert
Old 05-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #711
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
To all of you that are just now dipping into Singh's Psy-Changling series - you need to know that her Guild Hunter series is just as good.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #712
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
To all of you that are just now dipping into Singh's Psy-Changling series - you need to know that her Guild Hunter series is just as good.
OHHHHH YEAAAA!! Raphael!!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #713
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
You guys are making me want to read this series... ENABLERS you are!!! It's almost impossible for me to pay full price for an ebook, though. I don't know if I can do it. I know that once I start the series, if I like it, the $$ concerns will go out the window and I'll end up paying full price for all of them to satisy the glomming urge It's like seeing that bag of MnMs on the counter. You know once you open it, you won't stop till the whole bag is gone. If you can just hold on to your will power, you know you'll be safe...Or at least not OD'ed on chocolate!

It doesn't help, either, to know I have a million and two books in my TBR and my reading appetite is craving something I don't already have... geez... it's a disease.
*emphatically nodding in agreement on all counts*

apesmom, you're not helping, I do have a couple of Guild Hunter books that I must have gotten in a bundle or something, but I haven't read them yet either!

I think I need to start adding a RR to my TBR pile at least once a week. Problem is that once I start a series I usually read it all the way through if I can, it's my OCD.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Removed username from quote, as it is no longer in service.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #714
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:

Same here on the full price. I hardly buy anything over $2.99 actually. If I do, it's usually non-fiction, some sort of bundle or anthology, or it's something I really, really must read. The only books I've buying consistently at full price (US$7.99) is Thea Harrison's Elder Races series; I recently found out (too late for all the others I already bought!!) that I can buy them using my local (non-US) Kobo account and use codes on them, so I'll definitely be going that route for all future books in the series.

And count me in as one of those constantly wanting to read a book I don't already own ... arghh

Old 05-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #715
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

M&M are safe around me. I don't eat chocolate.

You so got to read the series! It's unlike any other. It's not your ordinary Paranormal, it's more Sci-Fi or Urban Fantasy Romance. Check your Overdrive Library. All mine carry the titles. The author writes a very strong story. Her world building is awesome! I think I already said that. I see me using up all those Audibles credits I have been saving up. I'm reading and listening along. The best of both worlds.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Removed username from quote, as it is no longer in service.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #716
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Same here on the full price. I hardly buy anything over $2.99 actually. If I do, it's usually non-fiction, some sort of bundle or anthology, or it's something I really, really must read. The only books I've buying consistently at full price (US$7.99) is Thea Harrison's Elder Races series; I recently found out (too late for all the others I already bought!!) that I can buy them using my local (non-US) Kobo account and use codes on them, so I'll definitely be going that route for all future books in the series.

And count me in as one of those constantly wanting to read a book I don't already own ... arghh
This is why I use Overdrive for the more mainstream titles. I too don't buy books over a certain price unless they are on my autobuy list. $7.99 is a hard price for me to pay for a book. Only very few authors have that privileged.

Nothing in the slush pile today folks.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-30-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #717
auntykatkat
Evangelist

Quote:
This is why I use Overdrive for the more mainstream titles. I too don't buy books over a certain price unless they are on my autobuy list. $7.99 is a hard price for me to pay for a book. Only very few authors have that privileged.

Nothing in the slush pile today folks.
That gives us more time to read our Nalini Singh books or what ever else we are currently reading.

For all your hard work!!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #718
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
That gives us more time to read our Nalini Singh books or what ever else we are currently reading.

For all your hard work!!
You're very welcome.

For me it gives me time to sleep. It was a rough morning. Domestic disturbance in the unit near the end that resulted in the police showing and people going to jail. It was loud and scary and in all years I've lived here never have I seen anything like it in our quiet safe neighborhood in the middle of nowhere. I thought someone was going to die. I salute our local police, they showed up and took care of it. They are my heroes! It makes me want to read one of my Count on a Cop romances. I do collect that trope. We didn't get to bed till near 8AM so I am exhausted.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #719
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I've been reading over at DA that several believe that the return of Historical Westerns is coming. This is my most favorite time period next to Regency of course. What do you think? I would love to see more historical westerns released! I pretty much buy all the backlists I can find.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #720
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I have the entire series, thanks to everyone in here, this has now been pushed to the top of my TBR pile once I finish the Princes Trilogy by Elizabeth Hoyt. Thank goodness this is only 3 books. Such enablers!
Closed Thread