Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 12:52 PM   #646
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
PM sent
Old 12-08-2022, 08:03 PM   #647
beren12
beren12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I just got a used Aura HD and trying to do a firmware update on it seems to have bricked it, there's 3 dots and a C- with a circle and slash. Going to replace the SD card but i need a recovery image for it, please.
Advert
Old 12-08-2022, 11:19 PM   #648
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent
Old 12-14-2022, 08:19 PM   #649
weatherston
weatherston began at the beginning.

Device: touch, glo, aura
I have read through as much of this forum as I can take. I think page 34. My god there is a lot to talk about.
So I use my Aura every day and several times a day. For years I haven't gone to sleep without using it to read.
Now, I am kind of a dummy and I copied a different file into the KoboRoot.tar.gz position. in an effort to use it as a distraction free writing device as sell as per "kobowriter".
So I was a dummy. But, before I did that i thought 'well to avoid complications, I will copy everything from my KOBO to my computer before trying, including the original KoboRoot.tar.gz.'
It did not work. I tried removing the internal SD card (opening up the back and sliding the card out from the board) and copying the saved files onto it and it does not work. I am kinda at my wits end with it.
What has to go onto the SD card to make it reboot normally?
And if you know, how can I get Kobowriter to work?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
I need things to read all the time and am getting very sad at the though of my Aura not working.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:56 PM   #650
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherston View Post
I have read through as much of this forum as I can take. I think page 34. My god there is a lot to talk about.
So I use my Aura every day and several times a day. For years I haven't gone to sleep without using it to read.
Now, I am kind of a dummy and I copied a different file into the KoboRoot.tar.gz position. in an effort to use it as a distraction free writing device as sell as per "kobowriter".
So I was a dummy. But, before I did that i thought 'well to avoid complications, I will copy everything from my KOBO to my computer before trying, including the original KoboRoot.tar.gz.'
It did not work. I tried removing the internal SD card (opening up the back and sliding the card out from the board) and copying the saved files onto it and it does not work. I am kinda at my wits end with it.
What has to go onto the SD card to make it reboot normally?
And if you know, how can I get Kobowriter to work?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
I need things to read all the time and am getting very sad at the though of my Aura not working.
One thing to ask is if you have tried the manual factory restore on your Aura HD. See Manual reset your Kobo Aura HD for the procedure. You will know when it's time to release the buttons since the common description is the power light starts discoing (rapidly flashing). If this works, your Aura HD will be back to it's factory state so firmware updates, etc. will be in order. After this is completed, you should be able to copy the files you copied from your Aura HD except for the KoboRoot.tgz back to your Aura HD and it should be back to where it was.

If this doesn't work, try restoring a disc image to the μSD card.

The μSD card in your Kobo has 3 partitions and under Windows, you can only see the FAT32 partition that would be exposed over a USB connection. The system and restore partition would require you to remove the μSD card from your Kobo and then copying the entire card to an image file.

I've sent you a PM with a link to the Aura HD image file and a link to the instructions.

As for Kobowriter? I'm only known one person who played with it and it broke his Kobo horribly when he did a firmware update. Someone else may have more input.
Advert
Old 12-15-2022, 12:35 AM   #651
xlbeat
xlbeat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Does anyone know what is the blinking led about 8 times and then off when I try to turn on my aura hd?
Old 12-21-2022, 07:29 AM   #652
TeaBot
Jailer of SD cards
TeaBot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia, Kobo Clara 2E
Hello,

I would like the link to the SD card for the Aura as nothing else has worked to unbrick my Nia so far.
I'm willing to experiment to try and bring it back.

Would anyone send me the link ?
Old 12-21-2022, 10:57 PM   #653
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent
Old 01-24-2023, 06:04 AM   #654
Mizan
Mizan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura hd
Hello.
I need too Kobo Aura HD internal SD card image.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-24-2023, 11:37 AM   #655
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizan View Post
Hello.

Thanks in advance
You will need to have Private Messages enabled before you can be sent the link. If you don't see that option in the "Edit Options" of the User control panel, you should post in Requests to enable Private Messages to ask it to be enabled.

Once PMs are enabled, please re-post here to let me know.
Old 01-26-2023, 01:56 PM   #656
Mizan
Mizan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura hd
Hello.
PMs are enabled
Thanks in advance
Old 02-02-2023, 09:44 AM   #657
mrgerlo
mrgerlo began at the beginning.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H2O
Hello, can I please get a link to the image. I have a GLO HD and now working SD card so I had to get a new one. Thanks in advance
Old 02-02-2023, 10:01 AM   #658
mrgerlo
mrgerlo began at the beginning.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgerlo View Post
Hello, can I please get a link to the image. I have a GLO HD and now working SD card so I had to get a new one. Thanks in advance
Found the GLO HD subforum and place the request there. Please delete/ignore my previous message. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2023, 12:41 PM   #659
edbug
edbug began at the beginning.

Device: Aura H2O and Libra H2O
Bricked Kobo Aura H2O

Last edited by edbug; 02-22-2023 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2023, 06:08 PM   #660
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent
Closed Thread