Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-19-2022, 12:26 AM   #646
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Hey, everybody! Been missing you guys. Finally had some time to post so I'll be throwing up a few freebies I've stumbled across, mostly over in audiobooks. To start, though, Fanatical has a bundle of Manga comics. Head on over to check out Fantastic Tales 2 Manga Comic Collection (Inc 2 Visual Novel Games). The bundle includes 52 digital comics on the high end for $15 (plus the two visual novels) down to a two title freebie tier. All titles are DRM-free - the ones I got came in pdf and epub formats (no cbz; sorry ZodWallop).

I'm not super big on manga (huge anime fan, though) but one of the comics on the free bundle caught my eye ("Masked Ambition: Death Ballade") so I gave the bundle a shot. Probably something to read over holiday travels (or while the turkey digests). Not sure how long it will last (the bundle - the turkey doesn't last long around me).

Enjoy!
skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 01:31 AM   #647
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Cross-post from the Audiobook Deals thread.

I don't know how many of you listen to full cast serializations of novels and such, but one of the bigger players in the business is Realm (formerly Sereal Box). They are similar to GraphicAudio, for those of you familiar with their works. I stopped paying attention to Realm when they went DRM and app-only a few years ago. Apparently that didn't work so well because they have begun to release some of their older titles (except for the Marvel stuff ) as podcasts. While I have not listened to it yet one of the ones they have released recently that caught my interest was Elfquest.

Quote:
When a fierce tribe of woodland elves - the Wolfriders - are burned from their homes by hostile humans, their chief, Cutter, must tap every reserve of strength and will to lead his people to safety.

Barely surviving brutal setbacks, the Wolfriders discover to their astonishment other elves - the Sun Folk - who exist in the world they thought was theirs alone. Now refugees, the hardship of losing their forest home proves small compared to the spirit-twisting trials that follow when Cutter experiences an unexpected soul-to-soul bond with the healer of the Sun Folk, Leetah. Join us as the Wolfriders confront danger, death, and desperate flight as they wrestle with deep mysteries of identity and love. Welcome, as Realm presents the epic saga ElfQuest from comic book creators Wendy and Richard Pini in this richly layered audio movie.
I loved reading this series growing up. (I first fell in love with the reprint series released by Marvel, but they were older than that and the series continues to this day.) You can find it on most any of the podcast applications of your choice, including iTunes. I'll again provide a link to the one I use most, Podbean.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2022, 01:44 PM   #648
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Very tempting, though I'd prefer CBR/CBZ to PDF.

I wonder what ever happened to Violent Cases? It was published by Dark Horse (in the US). I have it in paper. But a CBR would be nice.
There is a Terry Moore humble bundle as well, also only in PDF. The Dynamite bundle that is almost over has a CBZ option. It must be a publisher option kind of thing.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 05:09 AM   #649
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
The Neil Gaiman bundle has several files weighing around 1GB or more. It's a shame they don't offer alternative downloads in lower resolutions.
salty-horse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 11:50 AM   #650
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Oops, delete
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2022, 04:30 PM   #651
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Amazon/Comixology has a bunch of Marvel: "Epic Collection" graphic novels on sale for $3.99 until 12/1:

https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/co...=desktop-btf-2

Most of these are meh, since "epic collection" can basically mean whatever they want it to mean, but I suppose if you're only looking for a specific arc, it might come in handy.

I used the sale to finish out my New Mutants collection, since the New Mutants Classic Volumes ran out and the "epic collections" were the only way to get the remaining issues before the horrible rebrand to X-Force.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 05:25 PM   #652
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
The New Mutants are on my list too, but the epic collections have a gap between #32-54. You have to get the "Classic" books to get those issues and those are pretty expensive in comparison.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:39 AM   #653
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
The New Mutants are on my list too, but the epic collections have a gap between #32-54. You have to get the "Classic" books to get those issues and those are pretty expensive in comparison.
The "Classic" volumes went on sale at some point in the past couple years. It was either when the Marvel MasterWorks went on sale around Christmas, or when the New Mutants movie came out in 2020. I grabbed them all then.

EDIT: Looks like they went on sale for $3.99 last Christmas:
https://www.ereaderiq.com/dp/B00PSN1...nts-1983-1991/

It also looks like they drop to that price about once a year, so maybe check again in a month.

Last edited by Cactus Chef; 11-23-2022 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added price history
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:29 PM   #654
ratinox
Fanatic
ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ratinox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, iPad Air 4
Kazuo Koike (Lone Wolf & Cub, Crying Freeman) bundle on Humble this weekend:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/b...2829f1b801a961
ratinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 03:45 PM   #655
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratinox View Post
Kazuo Koike (Lone Wolf & Cub, Crying Freeman) bundle on Humble this weekend:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/b...2829f1b801a961
Thanks! Meant to buy it last time and forgot.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:03 PM   #656
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
New Humble Bundle for Image Comics' 30th Anniversary focusing on the 2010s. A number of things that have been in other bundles, but I'm reasonably sure there has never been this much Saga in a single bundle before, for one thing.

I will probably end up buying.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 02:48 AM   #657
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

RASL: One Volume Edition by Jeff Smith with colors by Jeff Hamaker is $10 on Amazon.com
This is a complete story. I have the original in black and white.
Quote:
A tightly wound mixture of science fiction, noir and conspiracy theories, RASL is a gritty, hard-boiled tale of an inter-dimensional art thief caught between dark government forces and the mysterious powers of the universe itself.

When Rasl, a thief and ex-military engineer, discovers the lost journals of Nikola Tesla, he bridges the gap between modern physics and history's most notorious scientist. But his breakthrough comes at a great personal price. In this twisting tale of intrigue and betrayal, Rasl finds himself in possession of humankind's deepest, most dangerous secret.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:32 AM   #658
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
RASL: One Volume Edition by Jeff Smith with colors by Jeff Hamaker is $10 on Amazon.com
This is a complete story. I have the original in black and white.
Thanks man!

It's a shame the Bone series was cancelled.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:07 PM   #659
salty-horse
Wizard

I missed that the complete Bone is also on sale for $9.
This is the original black and white version. (The color version is only available in individual volumes)

Nimona was revived, so there's always hope.
Old 11-30-2022, 04:50 AM   #660
salty-horse
Wizard

Rose, the (very dark) prequel to Bone is also on sale for $5.
Don't be confused by the modern Jeff Smith cover - it's illustrated by Charles Vess.

All the color Bone volumes are also on sale for $5 each.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074C962GB

I got the newer stuff I was missing: Coda, Tall Tales, and Adventures.