Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2019, 11:59 PM   #6286
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Last Day -- Audible UK -- exp 02 Dec @ 11:59 pm GMT

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-02-2019 at 12:01 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:58 AM   #6287
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Google Play has a considerable number of audiobooks marked down sharply.

Just skimming over the selection, it appears that $4.99 and $6.99 may be the most common price points.

Play.google.com/store
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2019, 08:40 AM   #6288
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 02 Dec @ 11:59 PM PT

* This City Is Killing Me: Community Trauma and Toxic Stress in Urban America
Old 12-02-2019, 08:44 AM   #6289
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Downpour -- exp 02 Dec @ 11:59 PM PT
Old 12-02-2019, 09:36 AM   #6290
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Best Buy Gift Card -- limited time
If I am interpreting the Audible gift card correctly, it's a fantastic deal. It essentially means you can be a member for $10 per month in perpetuity, or as long as the gift cards hold out.

A $30 gift card is good for three months membership. If you're a member, you get all three credits up front, but for a non-member, you get one a month. What's to stop you from using a gift card for three months, quitting, and then activating the next gift card? Nothing at all that I can see. The only caveat is that as always, you'd have to use up your existing credits before rebooting, but at a perpetual 33% discount, that doesn't seem a hardship to me. (And you could stretch out the times a bit, too. Quit at the end of the gift card membership and wait to re-up until you want another book or see a sale you want to participate in.)

It's not perfectly designed to maximize the value of the Best Buy gift card as you'd have to spend $60 and not $50, but the Best Buy gc could be viewed as an additional bonus.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2019, 09:42 AM   #6291
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audiobooks.com -- exp 31 Dec

2-for-1 Audiobook Sale --> members only
Quote:
For the entire month of December, get any two rom-coms for just one credit!

For the entire month of December, get any two celebrity memoirs and biographies for just one credit!

For the entire month of December, get any two comedy audiobooks for just one credit!

For the entire month of December, get any two kids and middle grade audiobooks for just one credit!

From now until December 31, get any two Spanish language learning audiobooks for just one credit!
Old 12-02-2019, 09:47 AM   #6292
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audiobooks.com -- Monthly Offer -- exp 31 Dec
  • FREE -- VIP Rewards -- choose 1 of 25 for free --> members only
Quote:
What is it?
In addition to your monthly credit, members (including customers in their free trial!) enjoy the benefits of our VIP Rewards program, choosing from an exclusive selection of books to download for FREE, every month. That’s 2 books per month for only $14.95.

How do I get it?
Sign up for an Audiobooks.com free trial to get started. Then you’ll be able to browse this month’s special VIP Rewards book selection and choose your free title, all from the VIP Rewards area of the Audiobooks.com app, or here online. VIP Rewards books will refresh every month on the first day of the month, at which point you’ll be able to browse the new selection and make your choice for 1 free download. All of your VIP Rewards books will remain in your library as long as you remain a member. It’s our way of saying thanks for being a member!

What do I get?
Enjoy one free download of your choice every month from the exclusive Audiobooks.com VIP Rewards books! Browse this month's selection:
Old 12-02-2019, 09:59 AM   #6293
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audiobooks.com -- limited time

Gift Subscriptions -- save up to $50
  • $14.95 -- 1 month membership -- no savings
  • $34.85 -- 3 month membership -- $10 off
  • $69.70 -- 6 month membership -- $20 off
  • $129.40 -- 12 month membership -- $50 off
Quote:
Treat someone to the awesome gift of audiobooks, or treat yourself and save when you pre-pay for your own subscription.

Please note that because you are purchasing a gift in USD, this gift can cannot be redeemed by a recipient in The United Kingdom or Australia. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-02-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #6294
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
If I am interpreting the Audible gift card correctly, it's a fantastic deal. It essentially means you can be a member for $10 per month in perpetuity, or as long as the gift cards hold out.

A $30 gift card is good for three months membership. If you're a member, you get all three credits up front, but for a non-member, you get one a month. What's to stop you from using a gift card for three months, quitting, and then activating the next gift card? Nothing at all that I can see. The only caveat is that as always, you'd have to use up your existing credits before rebooting, but at a perpetual 33% discount, that doesn't seem a hardship to me. (And you could stretch out the times a bit, too. Quit at the end of the gift card membership and wait to re-up until you want another book or see a sale you want to participate in.)

It's not perfectly designed to maximize the value of the Best Buy gift card as you'd have to spend $60 and not $50, but the Best Buy gc could be viewed as an additional bonus.
Thanks for catching that. I'm interpreting it the same way.

I just assumed this offer was for a gift card with $30 dollars of value to spend on Audible books. I didn't look at the card itself to see that it was, in reality, a discounted membership promo. My bad.

I totally revised my original post.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #6295
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Best Buy -- Audible Membership -- limited time
Oh, wow, great deal! I was on the verge of getting the Audible deal of 12 credits for $120, but this is even better--not just because of the Best Buy gift card, but because I can wait to activate each card till needed.

I bought two and may decide to get two more (looks like I won't get another Best Buy GC then, but that's OK).
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #6296
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Oh, wow, great deal! I was on the verge of getting the Audible deal of 12 credits for $120, but this is even better--not just because of the Best Buy gift card, but because I can wait to activate each card till needed.
Yep. It solves the credit piling up problem and then cashing them in on stuff you might not really want just to be able to get out. The Best Buy gc is small potatoes in comparison.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:37 PM   #6297
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I did the two audible gift cards too. Looks like there won't be much better a deal for returning members this time around. When I called in to complain about the apparent bait-and-switch offer page last week, they did offer me a slightly better price-per-credit for three months, but, as Catlady said, this way, my wife can just keep the gift card on hand and activate it when her favorite author's new books come out later in the year.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:51 PM   #6298
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Penguin Random House Audio -- exp 04 Dec @ 11:59 am ET

this deal is now live

It must be downloaded via the Volumes app. If you want the book on more than one device, you need to download it through the Volumes app on each device separately.

FREE -- Little Women -- Louisa May Alcott/ Christina Ricci -- 19.1 hrs -- classic --> details
Quote:
Are you a Jo, Beth, Meg, or Amy? Team Laurie or Professor Bhaer? The time to hesitate is through: prepare for the new film adaptation of Little Women by listening to the book that launched thousands of childhood dreams. From noon on 12/02/19 until 12/04/19 at 11:59AM,* we’ll be offering Little Women as a free audiobook download via our FREE Volumes app. Get the app now so you can download the audiobook as soon as the giveaway goes live! Then join our #volumesbookclub discussion @PRHAUDIO.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. US & CANADA Residents only, 18+ or AOM. Expires 12/04/19 at 11:59 AM ET. If you delete your Volumes app after downloading this free audiobook, you will lose access to the free file.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #6299
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Penguin Random House Audio -- exp 04 Dec @ 11:59 am ET

this deal is now live

It must be downloaded via the Volumes app. If you want the book on more than one device, you need to download it through the Volumes app on each device separately.

FREE -- Little Women -- Louisa May Alcott/ Christina Ricci -- 19.1 hrs -- classic --> details
I successfully downloaded this book to a Chromebook, Fire Tab 7, and an Android phone.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:35 PM   #6300
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Darn, doesn't look like there is any way to ship the Audible gift cards to Canada. Too bad the gift cards aren't digital and emailed.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote