Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #616
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
My kindle is out for delivery. Some time this morning folks I will finally have it in my hand.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #617
lizsboy01
Nameless Being

Date Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsboy01 View Post
Ordered on the 3rd September K3 WiFi. Delivery estimate 20th September - with one day shipping.
The estimated date changed overnight to: 16th - 17th September. However, it is the 14th today and it is still available to cancel, so it is not in the shipping process as yet. I wonder if I pay another $10 shipping can I get yesterday.

So my carousel of K3 / PRS650 / K3 / PRS350/ K3 / PRS650 looks as if it will be coming to an end. Unless of course I have to send it back and get a retina display iPod Touch. Ah, the choices are never ending / revolving / ending / revolving.
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #618
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
My kindle is out for delivery. Some time this morning folks I will finally have it in my hand.

I just hope it arrives before I have to leave (early afternoon) or I'll have to wait ANOTHER day to play with it!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #619
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
My wife just called UPS finally delivered my K3.
Cannot wait to get home this evening.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #620
montaggio
montaggio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Kindle 3G is in transit - anticipating Monday delivery. Kindle lighted cover arrived today (green is much less vivid than shown on the website - a good thing). So now I'm sitting here with my new cover - no Kindle - pulling the little light thing in and out.
montaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #621
cl516
cl516 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi (White)
Awwwyeeeeah! Mine (ordered Aug.31) was supposed to ship Sept.20th, arrival Sept.22... but I just got an email saying it shipped and I'm getting it probably this Thursday!

UPDATE:

After 4+ hour delay, I finally got my Kindle 3 today, Wednesday Sept. 15th. The 4 hours was because UPS delivered it to the wrong house, and we couldn't track it down till later.

Last edited by cl516; 09-15-2010 at 04:28 PM.
cl516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #622
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
I ordered mine on Sept. 08 and just got the "shipping soon" on my order page with an estimated shipping date of Sept. 15, Arrival Sept. 17.
Yay
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #623
fiver
Enthusiast
fiver doesn't litterfiver doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Got a shipping notice on mine today - a week earlier than Amazon previously stated. Fortunately, my Oberon cover shipped too - I don't want to start reading until I have a protective covering.

Michael
fiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:23 PM   #624
ChaoZ
Connoisseur
ChaoZ doesn't litterChaoZ doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Mini, Kobo Touch
Ordered Sept 5. Estimated arrival date is Sept 21. Woo!

Now, how about one of those revised forward emails, huh Amazon? :P
ChaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #625
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Now I'm getting a little confused. I ordered on the 1st when it said that orders would ship on or before the 20th. I get an email telling me they will ship on the 21st or 22nd, and now the website says that orders today will ship on or before the 22nd.

Frankly I don't understand what "First come, first served" on the website means if my device hasn't shipped and someone who orders today gets their device shipped before mine. I know that I am in Canada, and we are so far away from the distribution point in the USA but how the hell are people in Germany and Japan getting their Kindles before me!

I know that I am just being impatient and ranting, but where is my damn Kindle!

The website says Due to strong customer demand, Kindle is temporarily sold out. Order now to reserve your place in line. Orders are prioritized on a first come, first served basis.
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #626
Ketahi
Ketahi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne_Matheson View Post
I know that I am in Canada, and we are so far away from the distribution point in the USA but how the hell are people in Germany and Japan getting their Kindles before me!
A fair question- I wouldn't be surprised if my Japan-bound Kindle is originating directly from China. I know that Apple does this- Apple store orders come straight out of their factories in China to customers, without passing through Apples' hands. It obviously saves significant costs for the company.

It also might be because some countries are hubs for the couriers that Amazon uses to transport Kindles. To save costs, rather than forward those shipments to the States and then outwards again, they are simply dropped along the way.

It is not an inaccuracy to say that it is first come, first served, because in actuality, they very well might have filled a Canada order before a European or Japanese one. It is just an unfortunate truth that the logistics of shipping mean that there are differences as to when someone will actually receive the goods.

Last edited by Ketahi; 09-15-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Ketahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #627
bbesse
bbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with othersbbesse plays well with others

Device: PaperWhite WiFi, Kindle 3 WiFi!
I ordered my Kindle 3 WiFi on Sept. 7th and did not get a delivery date.
I got an email today (Sept. 15th) with a ship date of Sept. 20th and estimated delivery on Sept. 24th.
I am almost excited. I will wait till I have it in my hands to be Officially excited.
...Brent...
Victoria, BC
Canada
bbesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #628
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketahi View Post
A fair question- I wouldn't be surprised if my Japan-bound Kindle is originating directly from China. I know that Apple does this- Apple store orders come straight out of their factories in China to customers, without passing through Apples' hands. It obviously saves significant costs for the company.

It also might be because some countries are hubs for the couriers that Amazon uses to transport Kindles. To save costs, rather than forward those shipments to the States and then outwards again, they are simply dropped along the way.

It is not an inaccuracy to say that it is first come, first served, because in actuality, they very well might have filled a Canada order before a European or Japanese one. It is just an unfortunate truth that the logistics of shipping mean that there are differences as to when someone will actually receive the goods.
Rationally I hear you, emotionally I feel different The world of supply chain logistics is convoluted, as you point out. I wasn't ranting against anyone in particular (hope you realize that) I just want my Kindle!
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #629
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Early this morning at 5:43am I got an email from Amazon. My Graphite Kindle 3 (wifi+3G) estimated arrival date will be Sept. 21-25. I ordered it on Sept. 11. My cover already has a date of Sept 16-21 for EAD. Hopefully both of them will arrived on the 21st of Sept. I choose to have it group for shipping.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #630
Raheldm
Raheldm began at the beginning.

Device: hopefully soon
1st post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne_Matheson View Post
Now I'm getting a little confused. I ordered on the 1st when it said that orders would ship on or before the 20th. I get an email telling me they will ship on the 21st or 22nd, and now the website says that orders today will ship on or before the 22nd.

Frankly I don't understand what "First come, first served" on the website means if my device hasn't shipped and someone who orders today gets their device shipped before mine. I know that I am in Canada, and we are so far away from the distribution point in the USA but how the hell are people in Germany and Japan getting their Kindles before me!

I know that I am just being impatient and ranting, but where is my damn Kindle!

The website says Due to strong customer demand, Kindle is temporarily sold out. Order now to reserve your place in line. Orders are prioritized on a first come, first served basis.
Funny. I live in Germany and I ordered it on the 3th September. And today it said that it will be shipped SOON. That makes me already happy. To see the SOON.

Is there probably a diffrence between 3G and only wifi? Do they need longer to ship the one without 3G because they didn't make as much?
Raheldm is offline   Reply With Quote