Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-07-2023, 11:40 AM   #616
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
If in the library column it says Cúspide In another column it would have to show me only the identifier of cuspide

If in the library column it says Amazon In another column it would have to show me only the amazon identifier

I thought that essentially what the ownbycats template did could help me, if you can guide me in this regard, I would be very grateful
I do something simillar for my links column. Here's something similar, but with urls_from_identifiers:

Code:
program:
	list_join(
		 ', ',
## Fanfics 
		if $publisher=='Fanfiction.net' then urls_from_identifiers('ffnet:' & select($identifiers, 'ffnet'), 0) fi, ', ',
		if $publisher=='Archive of Our Own' then urls_from_identifiers('ao3:' & select($identifiers, 'ao3'), 0) fi, ',',

)
You can probably ignore the list_join() bit. Also, if your column is a tag-like, you'll need to use 'Something' inlist $#whatever instead.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-07-2023 at 11:44 AM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 01:46 PM   #617
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
As I said before, I wanted to modify the ownbycats template

But I tell you what I have.
I have a custom identifier yenny and cuspide:

And a library column (which is where I bought the book from) Yenny, Cúspide, Amazon

I would like to have the identifier number in another column depending on the Library column.

If in the library column it says Yenny In another column it would have to show me only the identifier of yenny

If in the library column it says Cúspide In another column it would have to show me only the identifier of cuspide

If in the library column it says Amazon In another column it would have to show me only the amazon identifier

I thought that essentially what the ownbycats template did could help me, if you can guide me in this regard, I would be very grateful
Assuming I understand what you want, this template does it.
Code:
program:
	switch_if(
		$#tool == 'yenny', select($identifiers, 'yenny'),
		$#tool == 'Cúspide', select($identifiers, 'cuspide'),
		$#tool == 'Amazon', select($identifiers, 'amazon'),
		'')
Change #tool to be the lookup name of your 'library column'.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2023, 05:08 PM   #618
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, a related question:

I have two identifiers, ao3 and ffnet. I'd like to change the order their links appear depending on the publisher.

Here's what I have:

Code:
program:
	list_join(
		 ', ',

## trimmed out other lines for length

switch_if(
			$publisher=='Archive of Our Own', urls_from_identifiers('ao3:' & select($identifiers, 'ao3'), 1),
			$publisher=='FanFiction.net', urls_from_identifiers('ffnet:' & select($identifiers, 'ffnet'), 1),
			''
		), ',',

switch_if(
			!$publisher=='Archive of Our Own', urls_from_identifiers('ao3:' & select($identifiers, 'ao3'), 1),
			!$publisher=='FanFiction.net', urls_from_identifiers('ffnet:' & select($identifiers, 'ffnet'), 1),
			''
		), ',',

)

This gets the result I want:
- if both ids are available, both are listed
- If publisher is Archive of Our Own, the ao3 link appears first.
- If publisher is FanFiction.net, the ffnet link appears first.

But is this the best way to do this?
Old 05-07-2023, 05:53 PM   #619
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post

I have two identifiers, ao3 and ffnet. I'd like to change the order their links appear depending on the publisher.

Here's what I have:

Code:
program:
	list_join(
		 ', ',

switch_if(
			$publisher=='Archive of Our Own', urls_from_identifiers('ao3:' & select($identifiers, 'ao3'), 1),
			$publisher=='FanFiction.net', urls_from_identifiers('ffnet:' & select($identifiers, 'ffnet'), 1),
			''
		), ',',

switch_if(
			!$publisher=='Archive of Our Own', urls_from_identifiers('ao3:' & select($identifiers, 'ao3'), 1),
			!$publisher=='FanFiction.net', urls_from_identifiers('ffnet:' & select($identifiers, 'ffnet'), 1),
			''
		), ',',

)

You shouldn't need to duplicate the switch_if. I haven't tried to run this template but it should produce what you want:
Code:
program:
	list_join(
		 ', ',

if $publisher=='Archive of Our Own' then urls_from_identifiers('ao3:' & select($identifiers, 'ao3'), 1) fi,
		 ', ',

if !$publisher=='FanFiction.net' then  urls_from_identifiers('ffnet:' & select($identifiers, 'ffnet'), 1) fi,
		 ',',
	)
Old 05-08-2023, 05:11 AM   #620
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Here's what I have:

Code:
program:
	list_join(
		 ', ',

switch_if(
			''
		), ',',

switch_if(
			''
		), ',',

)

The template I posted doesn't give you what you want. It ignores the ordering request. What you did originally is a reasonable solution.
Advert
Old 05-08-2023, 12:36 PM   #621
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

This template seems to do what you want and will be faster because only one line of one switch_if() is executed. It works by concatenating generated URLs in the order according to the publisher. If the publisher isn't one of interest then it generates 'a03' first. Missing identifiers are ignored.

Another important point: list_join() strips out empty list values, so there isn't a problem with build_url() generating a trailing comma.

Code:
program:
	def build_url(id):
		return identifier_in_list($identifiers, id, 
				urls_from_identifiers(id & ':' & select($identifiers, id), 1) & ',', '')
	fed;

list_join(
		 ', ',

switch_if(
			$publisher=='Archive of Our Own', build_url('ao3') & build_url('ffnet'),
			$publisher=='FanFiction.net', build_url('ffnet') & build_url('ao3'),
			build_url('ao3') & build_url('ffnet')
		), ',',
	)
Old 05-08-2023, 02:43 PM   #622
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Thanks
Old 05-09-2023, 01:36 PM   #623
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks
The solution bothered me. Reconstructing the identifier should be easier. I have submitted changes for that.

Once the changes are accepted, this template does the same thing as the previous one. The changes are in the function build_url(). If you call identifier_in_list() with two arguments then it returns the id:val pair, otherwise the empty string. You no longer need to use select() to get the identifier value. Of course, calling it with four arguments behaves as it did before.
Code:
program:
	def build_url(id):
		v = identifier_in_list($identifiers, id);
		if v then urls_from_identifiers(v, 1) & ',' fi
	fed;

list_join(
		 ', ',

switch_if(
			$publisher=='Archive of Our Own', build_url('ao3') & build_url('ffnet'),
			$publisher=='FanFiction.net', build_url('ffnet') & build_url('ao3'),
			build_url('ao3') & build_url('ffnet')
		), ',',
	)
Old 05-11-2023, 06:35 PM   #624
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Assuming I understand what you want, this template does it.
Code:
program:
	switch_if(
		$#tool == 'yenny', select($identifiers, 'yenny'),
		$#tool == 'Cúspide', select($identifiers, 'cuspide'),
		$#tool == 'Amazon', select($identifiers, 'amazon'),
		'')
Change #tool to be the lookup name of your 'library column'.
Now it works !! thank you so much
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 11:23 PM   #625
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I'd like to check extra_file_names for a file called 'Alternate Cover' (any extension). If it exists, add an entry to the #admintags column. Referencing the column would be faster than referencing extra_file_names for column icons and the like.

Is there any improvements I can make to this?

Code:
program: 

alternatecover = if 'Alternate Cover' inlist extra_file_names(',') then 'cover:alternate' else '' fi;

list_union($#admintags, alternatecover, ',')
Old 05-24-2023, 04:18 AM   #626
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'd like to check extra_file_names for a file called 'Alternate Cover' (any extension). If it exists, add an entry to the #admintags column. Referencing the column would be faster than referencing extra_file_names for column icons and the like.

Is there any improvements I can make to this?

Code:
program: 

alternatecover = if 'Alternate Cover' inlist extra_file_names(',') then 'cover:alternate' else '' fi;

list_union($#admintags, alternatecover, ',')
This version is faster, avoiding the inlist and avoiding the list_union if there is no alternate cover.
Code:
program: 
	if has_extra_files('^Alternate Cover$') then
		list_union($#admintags, 'cover:alternate', ',')
	else
		$#admintags
	fi
Old 05-24-2023, 07:59 AM   #627
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I had to remove the ending anchor because the files are actually indeterminate extension and it won't match Alternate File.jpg or Alternate File.png. But it works otherwise.
Old 06-03-2023, 05:32 PM   #628
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I have a list of tags such as Fiction.Cultures & Regions.Canada and Nonfiction.Cultures & Regions.Asia.China.

I'd like to remove any tag including "Cultures & Regions" from the list before splitting it.

I tried a regex list_difference but it didn't seem to work:

Code:
program:
	list_difference($tags, '(.*)Cultures & Regions(.*)', ',');)
(Additionally, I also want to do the same with something like a list_intersection to extract the culture & region items.)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-03-2023 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2023, 05:55 PM   #629
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have a list of tags such as Fiction.Cultures & Regions.Canada and Nonfiction.Cultures & Regions.Asia.China.

I'd like to remove any tag including "Cultures & Regions" from the list before splitting it.

I tried a regex list_difference but it didn't seem to work:

Code:
program:
	list_difference($tags, '(.*)Cultures & Regions(.*)', ',');)
(Additionally, I also want to do the same with something like a list_intersection to extract the culture & region items.)
Most of the list functions don't take a regular expression to specify the list. They require an actual list.

You can do what you want with list_re_group(). This template uses that function to return a list of items not containing "Cultures & Regions" by setting that list item to the empty string.
Code:
program:
	l = list_re_group($tags, ',', '.', '(^.*Cultures & Regions.*$)', '')
You can use list_re()'s include_re to do the opposite -- extract all items containing "Cultures & Regions".
Old 06-03-2023, 07:19 PM   #630
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Code:
	if 
		'^(Fiction|Nonfiction|Magazines & Publications)' in $#booktype 
	then 
## Remove 'Culture & Regions' items as they're processed differently
		split_tags = list_re_group($tags, ',', '.', '(^.*Cultures & Regions.*$)', '');
## Split tags or return an empty
		split_tags = re(split_tags, '\.', ',') 
	else
		split_tags = ''
	fi;

## Cultures & Regions - list_item with a '.' separator to get the lastmost item
	cultures_tags = list_re($tags, ',', 'Cultures & Regions', '');
	cultures_tags = list_item(cultures_tags, -1, '.');
## Re-merge this with split_tags
	split_tags = list_union(split_tags, cultures_tags, ',');
This removes the 'Culture & Regions' items from split_tags, extracts the lastmost item, and merges them back in.

However, it only works with one item. After splitting the culture_tags list with ',', how do I process each item separately?

Example: Fiction.Cultures & Regions.Canada.Western Canada, Fiction.Cultures & Regions.Metis, Fiction.Historical Fiction
Preferred result (after sorting): Historical Fiction, Metis, Western Canada
Actual result: Historical Fiction, Metis

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-03-2023 at 07:22 PM.