Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #586
cybtrash
cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch and PW2
Now I tried to install Komic on my Kindle Touch but I can't start it!

In KUAL 2.2 there's a new entry "Syntax komic/menu.json"

When I press it is says more info in KUAL log.
What can I do? The firmware is 5.1.2. Therefore I installed Komic 2.1

Everything is freshyl installed (JBPatch, KUAL, Komic)

LOG file:
Quote:

[root@kindle root]# cat ../KUAL.log

KUAL: ***** started on Sat Mar 31 20:29:04 GMT-03:32 2012
/mnt/us/extensions/komic/menu.json: expected <, or ]> but got <{> at input token 72
"Delete scheduled folders" , "priority" : 3 , "action" : "bin/resource/Scripts/delete.sh" } <<{>> "name" : "Move and rename screenshots" , "priority" : 4 , "action" :

KUAL: ***** started on Sat Mar 31 20:29:26 GMT-03:32 2012
/mnt/us/extensions/komic/menu.json: expected <, or ]> but got <{> at input token 72
"Delete scheduled folders" , "priority" : 3 , "action" : "bin/resource/Scripts/delete.sh" } <<{>> "name" : "Move and rename screenshots" , "priority" : 4 , "action" :

KUAL: ***** started on Sat Mar 31 20:29:29 GMT-03:32 2012

KUAL: ***** started on Sat Mar 31 20:29:43 GMT-03:32 2012

KUAL: ***** started on Sat Mar 31 20:29:46 GMT-03:32 2012

KUAL: ***** started on Sat Mar 31 20:33:15 GMT-03:32 2012

Last edited by cybtrash; 01-13-2014 at 03:46 PM.
cybtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #587
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnews View Post
Hi,

1. Go to Kual
2. Run Komic 2.3
3. on screen: Gathering information.. cover view disabled
4. Next, The "selected application could not be started. Please try again."

Maybe i should also mentioned that the PW i am using is PW 2013 edition.

Sorry i don't have ssh. Not sure how to access it either . hmmm

Thanks again for the great app. It is just that i couldnt' open it . hehe.
Thanks for info!
It seems something related to waf installation.
It could be useful to see the PW appreg.db file in /var/local but as you don't have ssh, I need to write a small shell script and pack it as a bin to copy the db to /mnt/us (unless someone has a better idea!) .

I don't have a PW so I can't test it...all I know is what users report me...(and last time I heard of komic running on a PW was of the PW1!).
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #588
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybtrash View Post

Where can I find this log? What can I do? The firmware is 5.1.2. Therefore I installed Komic 2.1

As regards the PW problem, read just above!

As regards the touch, could you please try to download komic v2.3 and copy the menu.json file of v2.3 in your kindle (overwriting the present /mnt/us/extensions/komic/menu.json and config.xml).
Feel free to change the display name in menu.json to match komic version.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #589
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:

What can I do? The firmware is 5.1.2. Therefore I installed Komic 2.1

LOG file:

I think I might have found the problem.
Try the file attached!
Attached Files
File Type: zip menu.zip (440 Bytes, 268 views)
Old 01-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #590
Axxx
Axxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Thanks for info!
It seems something related to waf installation.
It could be useful to see the PW appreg.db file in /var/local but as you don't have ssh, I need to write a small shell script and pack it as a bin to copy the db to /mnt/us (unless someone has a better idea!) .

I don't have a PW so I can't test it...all I know is what users report me...(and last time I heard of komic running on a PW was of the PW1!).
Hi, I have a Kindle Paperwhite 2013 too and the same problem.
Long story short: i have to change the extension in order to attach it on the forum but should be the file you need
Attached Files
File Type: txt appreg.txt (203.0 KB, 243 views)
Axxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #591
cybtrash
cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
I think I might have found the problem.
Try the file attached!
Thank you very much. I already managed to fix it with a modified menu file from version 2.3.

With KindleComicConverter this is a really superb application! I have so much fun reading mangas on my Kindle =)

btw, is it possible to hide the thin border on top (the one with page number and time), so I only see the comic page and nothing else?
Old 01-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #592
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxx View Post
Hi, I have a Kindle Paperwhite 2013 too and the same problem.
Long story short: i have to change the extension in order to attach it on the forum but should be the file you need
Woa!!! Thanks a lot.
They really changed the way WAFs are installed.
I'll provide a test appreg.db file asap.

EDIT: file attached. I changed only Komic entries....it *should* be safe (backup the old one first!).

Quote:
Thank you very much. I already managed to fix it with a modified menu file from version 2.3.

With KindleComicConverter this is a really superb application! I have so much fun reading mangas on my Kindle =)

btw, is it possible to hide the thin border on top (the one with page number and time), so I only see the comic page and nothing else?
This feature is already provided in V2.3!
Attached Files
File Type: zip appreg.zip (48.2 KB, 263 views)

Last edited by silver18; 01-18-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #593
cybtrash

Quote:
This feature is already provided in V2.3!
OK thanks for the info.
Too bad it requires firmware >= 5.3.2

I decided to stay with firmware 5.1.2 as it is the last one really supported by JBPatch.

But I can live with the small border on top.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #594
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
OK thanks for the info.
Too bad it requires firmware >= 5.3.2

I decided to stay with firmware 5.1.2 as it is the last one really supported by JBPatch.

But I can live with the small border on top.
You can still try with the PW (when I'll fix the installer!!)
Old 01-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #595
Axxx
Axxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2013
Quote:
Woa!!! Thanks a lot.
They really changed the way WAFs are installed.
I'll provide a test appreg.db file asap.

EDIT: file attached. I changed only Komic entries....it *should* be safe (backup the old one first!).
Starting with the good news: it works!

The bad news is that doesn't seem to be extremely stable. Needs to be rebooted every time you close the software if you wanna exec it again.
Kual too seems to became unstable after running Komic.

When it doesn' start the only information I can read about are:
- GATHERING INFORMATION...
- COVER VIEW DISABLED
- Application Error: The selected application could not be started. Please try again.

If your software seems to have a log method but I haven't figured out how to use it. The logfiles in Logs are all empty but Komic_update.txt (But it seems useless)
I made a couple of screenshot to show you how it runs (When it does it).

I just started working on kindle device but I'll be happy to try to help you with testing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_01_19T17_49_23+0100.png
Views:	288
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	118109   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_01_19T17_50_10+0100.png
Views:	320
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	118110   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_01_19T18_04_59+0100.png
Views:	341
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	118111   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_01_19T18_42_50+0100.png
Views:	307
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	118112  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Komic_update_log.txt (218 Bytes, 225 views)

Last edited by Axxx; 01-19-2014 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Uploaded the only shot that could be useful
Axxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #596
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxx View Post
Starting with the good news: it works!

The bad news is that doesn't seem to be extremely stable. Needs to be rebooted every time you close the software if you wanna exec it again.
Kual too seems to became unstable after running Komic.

When it doesn' start the only information I can read about are:
- GATHERING INFORMATION...
- COVER VIEW DISABLED
- Application Error: The selected application could not be started. Please try again.

If your software seems to have a log method but I haven't figured out how to use it. The logfiles in Logs are all empty but Komic_update.txt (But it seems useless)
I made a couple of screenshot to show you how it runs (When it does it).

I just started working on kindle device but I'll be happy to try to help you with testing.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Unfortunately I can't test komic on the PW so I can't avoid those problems!

I see there are lots of problems with the GUI....BTW they were largely expected!

Regarding the most important problem, I can't understand the cause.
It could still be something related to appreg (I left two entries used to manage the memory, but other WAFs don't use it anymore).
Or it could be something related to the starting script.
This could easily verified, I'll provide more info asap.

Anyway, since you seem to be italian just like me, it should be easier!!!

Ti scriverò un PM appena possibile con un paio di indicazioni veloci per fare due prove. Purtroppo non potendo testare io, non posso fare altrimenti che "usare" i volenterosi!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:25 AM   #597
ppoo
Connoisseur
ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've added images folder to both Gallery folder and Komic folder but it show only blank screen. What folder should I put?
Update: I've found that it doesn't work with folder conains any or all of special character: [, ], (, ).

Last edited by ppoo; 01-27-2014 at 02:55 AM.
ppoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:35 AM   #598
script
script began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
hello,seems i have the same problem

1. Go to Kual
2. Run Komic 2.3
3. on screen: Gathering information.. cover view disabled
4. Next, The "selected application could not be started. Please try again.

here is the screenshot
[IMG]postimg.org/image/g77pq318d[/IMG]

and my divice info
firmware version:kindle 5.4.2.1
kindle PW2

Sorry i don't have ssh, you can attache the small shell script for me to copy appreg.db file.

hope to solve this problem soon!
script is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #599
silver18
THE NOOB

So, summing up:

V2.1 is not Kual-compliant anymore (menu.json problem)
V2.3:
- fine in Kindle Touch
- doesn't boot in PW2 (due to changed appreg entries). Once fixed this issue, shows random crash
- what about PW1?!?! It would be helpful to have a nice appreg.db to study...

I'm going to fix the PW2 problem (random crash) than release a new package with correct installation procedure based on device info.

I'm going to fix the V2.1 menu.json file as well.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #600
silver18
THE NOOB

Here I am (a bit late...)
Try running the file attached on PW2 ONLY.
It removes any komic-related entry in appreg.db than install a new set of entries.

If komic still has the force close, try running komic with this command:
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.silver18.komic001
i.e without using kual!
(or alter the komic menu.json to run that command).
This runs komic only (no start script so no list of comics).
If you still find any force close, than I have no idea!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip removeinstall.zip (433 Bytes, 264 views)

Tags
launcher add-ons