Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #46
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
At least I could see where I'm headed!
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:48 AM   #47
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I'll play--though I don't know if I can do 100, but having never really kept track of how many I've read, we'll just have to see.

I did make it a goal in January to start keeping track of what I'm reading, whether in pbook, ebook or audiobook and I'm doing OK on that score. I just checked and I'm up to 17 books completed. I have 5-6 others going right now.

As far as the debate between "good" and "entertainment" reading goes--I have nothing to say, really. I read what I like and I like what I read...or I don't read it. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a good classic, sometimes some light fiction. It depends on what is going on around me, I guess. And I don't think anyone should put their nose up at my choice of reading material. lol
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 03:41 AM   #48
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnoto View Post
I'll play--though I don't know if I can do 100, but having never really kept track of how many I've read, we'll just have to see.

I did make it a goal in January to start keeping track of what I'm reading, whether in pbook, ebook or audiobook and I'm doing OK on that score. I just checked and I'm up to 17 books completed. I have 5-6 others going right now.

As far as the debate between "good" and "entertainment" reading goes--I have nothing to say, really. I read what I like and I like what I read...or I don't read it. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a good classic, sometimes some light fiction. It depends on what is going on around me, I guess. And I don't think anyone should put their nose up at my choice of reading material. lol
That's what I do... The stars I mentioned are given my me on Excel to mark how I liked the book...

Up to 24 for the year..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #49
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
OK i'm in, have to track back what I'read so far...
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #50
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Last year I read around 270'ish. Not going to repeat that this year.
I keep a blogpost detailing what I read each month and a "so far this year" one.

My Reading List

This year I'm only up to 40, and it's almost April. I blame all the Malazan Book of the Fallen books by Erikson. Those are just big books :-)
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #51
rcabbott
rcabbott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
So far I have read 63 books this year. I hope to reach 250 books by the end of the year.
rcabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #52
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Ok, time for a thread revival.

There's 4 months left before the end of the year. I'm behind schedule yet again, and so far I'm stuck at 68 books.

Anyone else still in the challenge?
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #53
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Ok, time for a thread revival.

There's 4 months left before the end of the year. I'm behind schedule yet again, and so far I'm stuck at 68 books.

Anyone else still in the challenge?
I have completed the challenge, and I stopped counting my books after I reached 100, a couple of months ago. I have been on a YA fiction kick this year, so I've read many books this year that are shorter than the average length of the novels that I usually read, which accounts for me completing the challenge so quickly.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #54
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I have completed the challenge, and I stopped counting my books after I reached 100, a couple of months ago. I have been on a YA fiction kick this year, so I've read many books this year that are shorter than the average length of the novels that I usually read, which accounts for me completing the challenge so quickly.
Congratulations are in order then!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #55
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I remember such challenges through the public library when I was a kid. It was a summer time program back then. You would set a quota of how many books you would read during the summer and get a certificate if you met your goal. I always seemed to set my goal too low or something. lol.

Quote:
At the start of the year I set myself the challenge to read 100 books (of 300+ pages for PB's or 200+ for ebooks) during 2010. So far I'm faring reasonably well, but it seems as if I'm losing momentum.

I'm wondering if anyone else would like to join me in the challenge? A bit of friendly competition might just be the inspiration I need to keep going.

All you need to do is keep track of all the books you finish and posting here when you complete a new addition.

I've found creating a Goodreads shelf called 2010-read to be the easiest method to keep track. Of course you would be welcome to use any method of your choosing.

Anyone willing to join me?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #56
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Congratulations are in order then!

I really felt like I was cheating, though, what with all the YA fiction. I really zipped through them. Now I'm reading Dune (long) and The Name of the Rose (even longer), and I've got The Way of Kings next on my TBR list (longest)!

Last edited by Latinandgreek; 09-13-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #57
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm currently on my 120th. I'm recording what I read in a post over here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...47&postcount=3
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #58
Crusader
Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post

I really felt like I was cheating, though, what with all the YA fiction. I really zipped through them. Now I'm reading Dune (long) and The Name of the Rose (even longer), and I've got The Way of Kings next on my TBR list (longest)!
Yes, that is a bit of a problem. I've got many 700+ page books on my to-read list, but I know if I start them they will delay me more.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #59
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I am on book 74/100
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #60
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'll never make it. I'm at 48, but a few of those were pretty heavy duty (The Origin of Species, The Portable Nietzsche, etc.), so I don't feel too bad.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote