Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #46
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Rana,

Did you get this to work? I changed the folder properties, but the dll files are still read only and while i can view them the file property is still hidden. Tried unchecking thes options, but it won't take. So i can't rename the files and so consequently I can't copy the dll files. Any clues?

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #47
StevenK
Enthusiast
StevenK began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I can't copy the files either. They are in ROM, so the system says. Can't rename them either.
StevenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #48
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Rana,

Did you get this to work? I changed the folder properties, but the dll files are still read only and while i can view them the file property is still hidden. Tried unchecking thes options, but it won't take. So i can't rename the files and so consequently I can't copy the dll files. Any clues?

Ellen
No luck here either I tried Windows Explorer as well as Total Commander and did not find any way to rename the files. Windows Explorer doesn't even enable the rename option. Total Commander does and shows as if it is allowing renaming the file ... but the end result is that the file name remains unchanged.

I too tried changing the file properties as well as folder properties - but that didn't work either.

bambi - how exactly were you able to rename/copy these files ?
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #49
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenK View Post
I've looked into it and there seem to be a lot of them. Check this link out:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wf

They can't all be mislabelled.
Steven - look at the pictures. All but the TopRam brand clearly shows that these are SDHC cards

Even for the TopRam, if you go the vendor page (e.g. Buy.com website) and look into the features/specifications - you will see these are SDHC.

I was fooled buying into couple of these believing they are non-HC SD cards ... but none of them were.

If you are willing to try buying any ... feel free to try out -- but I would highly recommend making sure that the vendor will take the card back if it does indeed turn out to be SDHC after all.

Good luck !
Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #50
StevenK
Enthusiast

Rana, I wasn't planning to buy any of those cards. I was just looking because other people were interested. Two gigs is plenty for what I want to do with the JE100. My original Rocket Reader had only 4 megs!
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #51
rana
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Rana, I wasn't planning to buy any of those cards. I was just looking because other people were interested. Two gigs is plenty for what I want to do with the JE100. My original Rocket Reader had only 4 megs!
Sorry I misunderstood Anyway, still a valid word of warning for anyone that might get mistaken and actually buy any of these thinking these might be non-HC cards.

If someone does find a non-HC 4GB MicroSD card though, I am sure lot of us would be interested ... so keep us posted if anyone does find one.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #52
babo
babo began at the beginning.

Device: je100
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana View Post
Sorry I misunderstood Anyway, still a valid word of warning for anyone that might get mistaken and actually buy any of these thinking these might be non-HC cards.

If someone does find a non-HC 4GB MicroSD card though, I am sure lot of us would be interested ... so keep us posted if anyone does find one.
Rana there is no 4gb micro sd non-hc card. In theory it could but when 4 gb micro sd was ready for the market, the micro sd non-sdhc technology was already obsolete. No company invested to produce it.

Last edited by babo; 02-04-2010 at 07:25 AM.
babo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #53
StevenK
Enthusiast

Has anyone who needs to undo the SDHC hack tried the Restore feature on the JE100? It's in the Control Panel.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #54
babo
babo began at the beginning.

Device: je100
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I have the JE200. What files do you need?

Ellen
Ellen, can you please tell me if you tried the sleeping function with a sdhc card in your JE200?
babo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #55
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by babo View Post
Jointech has officially announced that even in their JE200 firmware there is the same problem with "some" sdhc cards!

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:55:43 -0800 (PST)
Local: Wed, Jan 20 2010 6:55 am
Subject: Re: My sd don´t work

The SDHC is supported in JE200. It will work with Sd cards of 4 GB,8
GB or 16 GB etc.

Make sure the SD cards are formated as FAT file system and should not
be FAT32.

You can check this by Right-Mouse-Click in your PC by using the SD
card reader and also can format using your PC.

Once you put the 4GB or 8 GB card, it will show up withine 2 secs. The
16 GB card may take some time up to even 10 or 15 secs to appear.

For some cards from some vendors, you might need to restart the device
also if the SD card does not appear.
I used the hack and am using a 4GB micro sdhc card formatted as FAT32 and it works fine.

Any word on anyone getting their hands of the original files to go back to the 2GB card? Though I like the idea of higher capacity, I have to reboot a lot due to the sleep issue. You think Jointech support would email the files if asked?

K
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #56
StevenK
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
Any word on anyone getting their hands of the original files to go back to the 2GB card?
What happened when you tried the Restore feature in the Control Panel?
Old 02-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #57
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Quote:
What happened when you tried the Restore feature in the Control Panel?
When I launch Restore and select YES (I really want to do this), I get the following pop up:

Error
Attribute failed.

Clicking the X in top right corner does nothing - pop up won't close.

If I then choose NO, I get the following pop up:

Fatal Application Error
Application turnoff.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact program vendor.

Program: turnoff.exe
Exception: 0xc0000005
Address: 00011CA8

I then have to restart to get rid of the minimized Restore tab.

New device too

I emailed support asking what I should do about the exception error.

Last edited by Katelyn; 02-07-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #58
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by babo View Post
Ellen, can you please tell me if you tried the sleeping function with a sdhc card in your JE200?
I just got my sdhc card this week end and will try sometime today.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #59
ascaso2010
ascaso2010 began at the beginning.

Device: je 100
I do not find folder windows/AppMag and cannot install reader of comic
ascaso2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #60
ascaso2010
ascaso2010 began at the beginning.

Device: je 100