Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-15-2009, 03:48 AM   #46
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Holy Crap! Look at you people!

You have likely scared the bejesus outta sauktowner6!

The fine woman comes to introduce herself and you go off in an orgy of balderdash!

sauktowner6, welcome to our humble forum. You don't have to be crazy to enjoy MobileRead, but it sure don't hurt.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:13 AM   #47
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
You don't have to be crazy to enjoy MobileRead, but it sure don't hurt.
But it sure would help (a lot)...

I noticed one rule here... Derail a topic as fast as possible...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #48
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post

I noticed one rule here... Derail a topic as fast as possible...
Ah, grasshopper... you have learned fast.

Now can you snatch this pebble from my hand?
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:30 AM   #49
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Holy Crap! Look at you people!

You have likely scared the bejesus outta sauktowner6!
Don't you talk! You're the one with that horrific LOLPANDA/PANDALOL as your avatar.

Cheers,
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #50
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I have to admit that I like okra, even when it's slimy. One easy way to get away from the slime is to slice fresh okra pods crosswise, toss in seasoned corn meal and then deep fry. Better than french fries or popcorn!

Okra can also be pickled and it's really good. I purchase pickled okra in the grocery store -- the brand carried here in Texas uses a bit of pepper in the pickling brine. It's got a lovely kick to it.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #51
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I have to admit that I like okra, even when it's slimy. One easy way to get away from the slime is to slice fresh okra pods crosswise, toss in seasoned corn meal and then deep fry. Better than french fries or popcorn!
Anything put up for competition with chips is worth a go in my book. Now just to find some fresh okra somewhere around here...

Quote:
Okra can also be pickled and it's really good. I purchase pickled okra in the grocery store -- the brand carried here in Texas uses a bit of pepper in the pickling brine. It's got a lovely kick to it.
It's the canned stuff I've mostly seen here. I'm guessing that's pickled?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:33 AM   #52
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauktowner6 View Post
yea!! Finally a forum that makes sense. I'm not a techy, just a normal (I think) grandma with a new Sony 700, and not much of a clue how to use it's many features. I've downloaded some books, but as far as changing formats, it's like learning a whole new language. Don't know if I'm bright enough to do that
Hey, you sound like me!! I have been learning quite a bit, slowly but surely. I'm not a grandma, and I have a 505, and I finally figured out pdf ... but that's where I am. I need to take it one step at a time, so calibre and epub and everything else will just have to wait a bit....

welcome
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #53
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Anything put up for competition with chips is worth a go in my book. Now just to find some fresh okra somewhere around here...

It's the canned stuff I've mostly seen here. I'm guessing that's pickled?

Cheers,
Marc
I just saw a canning guide on Gutenberg, but the tables wouldn't load.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote