Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #46
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefrogs3 View Post
Thanks everybody !!!! I have now bought an EB 1150 and just can't wait till it is delivered.... Then the task of downloading my content to it!! Most of my stuff is in my Microsoft Reader on my pc also have a file of ebooks converted from pdf to .txt.... Any easy ways to convert to a format that the EB 1150 will except? I know there are a lot of tools and converters that will do this , but I'm not that tech. savy!! What will give me the fewest headaches to figure out?? Is there an "Easy Button" LOL.... Thanks for all your input!!!!
You need a total of 4 pieces of software to get this device going.

1) USB Driver found both at eBookWise and eTechnologies (the makers of the prodct)
2) ePublisher (used by most conversion tools here to create IMP files)
You can download both of those programs here DO NOT install the Librarian.

There are two tools I recommend. These are the ones I found the easiest to use and learn.

Since you have LIT use lit2sb also the
The other program is impserv
Both of these are found as stickies on this sub forum.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #47
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
I jumped in too! That Ebay seller is selling some refurbished units for $99 plus $13 shipping (that includes the 64MB card).

Let me know how you like yours, I will post back when I get mine too.
Oh guys, you have almost convinced me to buy one.
My Sony PSP is doing quite a good job, but of course the screen is small and I have to fiddle with those tiny keys to turn page, bookmark, etc.
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #48
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Done !!
I ordered my eBookwise this evening. Now I'll sit near my mailbox waiting.....
Old 10-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #49
Bluefrogs3
Bluefrogs3 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: EBW-1150
Hello Again Guys, I got my New EBW from the same guy on eBay!! I downloaded the USB Driver and used the personal content tool they have on eBookwize's web site just to get started!! Only bad thing is that it has a limit of 10MBs... Later I'll try some of these other methods!! I've got about 8 eBooks on it now + the preinstald ones...... Very Happy!!!! Thanks again for all your input!!!!!
Bluefrogs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #50
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Once you have put the 10 mb of stuff onto the device, you can delete it off the server and upload other things.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #51
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
I just got by unit today too. I haven't even begun to install software or convert books, but my first impression is that it's a very nice unit and will be great for reading.

It's nice and solid with good buttons, much better than I expected for the price- definitely something you look forward to picking up and reading, rather than feeling like a nice compromise unit because you couldn't afford a Sony 505. That was the biggest surprise for me, since I knew the basic specs and usability were very good. The backlight is great, just like my old Sony CLIE SJ20 PDA.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but this is a fantastic product at the price point.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #52
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
One of the things that I like most about the eti-2 is that it is designed with enough forethought that you can easily carry it around one handed without worrying about dropping it. I have some big ole paws and small shiny slippery things tend to get fumbled out of them.

I think that it would be worth their while for manufactures of an e-ink readers to consider creating a reader with this same shape and rubbery texture that is such an aid to keeping a hold on of the thing.

What I would like even better is to see a reader with this same sort of ergonomic shape and the display used by the One Laptop Per Child laptop. Color and sunlight readability in an inexpensive lcd display. According to their website pixelqi.com Dr. Jepsens company is in talks with manufactureres to provide their displays for companies build ereaders with.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #53
Bluefrogs3
Bluefrogs3 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: EBW-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Once you have put the 10 mb of stuff onto the device, you can delete it off the server and upload other things.
That's great, but you are limited to under 2.0MB per book!! I have at least one book that I would like to put on that's 2.25MB !! Is there anyway to say make it a two part book and then download them seperatly? I think there is but I am not sure how to do it!! Any help!! Thanks in advance!!!
Bluefrogs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 AM   #54
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Use impserve or GEB Librarian instead of the ETI-2 servers.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:55 AM   #55
Wordcrasher
Addict

My eBookwise arrived yesterday afternoon ! It's great !!
I already registered and downloaded the Webster dictionary.
For a non English native speaker as I am, having an online dictionary it's really a great help.

The resolution is lower that the one I was used to, with my PSP, but the ergonomic is great.
Adding ebooks using impserve is a slam dunk.

Thanks to averyone for the good advices !!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:56 AM   #56
Roberts324
Mad translator
Roberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enough

Device: eBookwise 1150 reader, Samsung E60 reader, SAMSUNG N150 netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
Use impserve or GEB Librarian instead of the ETI-2 servers.
Congratulations, I noticed a lot of improvements on the last versions of impserve, indeed.

I just tried the web surfing functions and found some - minor but often encountered - problems with accented letters as are used in French and many other languages; here is a way to check this point :

From the "Welcome to Impserve" page on the EBW, go to my Lulu storefront (books I translate and publish) at www.lulu.com/robert_soubie. You will notice that words with accented characters in them are not correctly rendered; for instant, "inédit" comes out with a square root and a copyrigth sign in lieu of the "é".

Of course this has to be an encoding problem (UTF-8 vs ???).

Roberts324 is offline   Reply With Quote