Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-30-2016, 08:51 AM   #46
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks. I changed it. The first image is from Android 4.3, the second from 5.1. The third is 5.1 with night mode off.
OK, thanks Well done since I 'helpfully' swapped my sample jpg filenames around the wrong way to put you off the scent
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:15 AM   #47
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
V5.2.1.5 (Beta)
  • Fix regression in cover view image background
  • Fix white-on-white button in cover view background color selector
  • Updated language: Vietnamese
I expect that this will be the last beta in this series.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #48
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
V5.2.1.5 (Beta)
  • Fix regression in cover view image background
  • Fix white-on-white button in cover view background color selector
  • Updated language: Vietnamese
I expect that this will be the last beta in this series.
You shouldn't have said that.

On my Samsung Tab S 8.4 on Kit Kat the comments in book details has a white background with light gray letters. This same book looks fine on my Samsung S6 on Lollipop.

I really like the dark theme.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1475355403665.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	152079
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #49
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
You shouldn't have said that.

On my Samsung Tab S 8.4 on Kit Kat the comments in book details has a white background with light gray letters. This same book looks fine on my Samsung S6 on Lollipop.

I really like the dark theme.
Is this new or has it been there for more than one beta?
Old 10-01-2016, 06:08 PM   #50
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is this new or has it been there for more than one beta?
I only installed yesterday or the day before.
Advert
Old 10-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #51
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I just figured out why it worked on my phone and not my tablet - I had formatting in comments checked on the tablet. Once I removed the checkmark it looks fine.

Edit: checking formatting in comments didn't change the display on my phone. It remained correctly displayed.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 10-01-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:58 AM   #52
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I just figured out why it worked on my phone and not my tablet - I had formatting in comments checked on the tablet. Once I removed the checkmark it looks fine.

Edit: checking formatting in comments didn't change the display on my phone. It remained correctly displayed.
There appears to be a problem on *some* devices where the background of the HTML view used for comments is ignored. I managed to repeat it using an Android 4.0.1 emulator. A fix for what I could repeat will be in the next beta.

I tested it on 4.0.1, 4.3, 4.4, 5.1, 6, and 7. Unforunately I can't guarantee that it will fix the problem for you because none of my devices/emulators run Samsung's variant of Android.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:39 AM   #53
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
There appears to be a problem on *some* devices where the background of the HTML view used for comments is ignored. I managed to repeat it using an Android 4.0.1 emulator. A fix for what I could repeat will be in the next beta.

I tested it on 4.0.1, 4.3, 4.4, 5.1, 6, and 7. Unforunately I can't guarantee that it will fix the problem for you because none of my devices/emulators run Samsung's variant of Android.
Removing the checkmark fixed it for me. I normally don't have formatting in my comments so I don't know why I had it checked to start with.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #54
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Removing the checkmark fixed it for me. I normally don't have formatting in my comments so I don't know why I had it checked to start with.
It fixed it because by unchecking that box you are telling CC to use a text view instead of a web (html) view. It is the web view that is "broken".

The problem here is that apparently every manufacturer of an Android device felt free to implement a different web view. Equally apparently, most of them are not offering the security and functionality updates flowing from Google. I *think* I have worked around most of this nonsense, but I don't know.

When the next beta appears, it would help to recheck that box on the "failing" device to see if it still fails.

As another aside: night view is a perfect example of good intentions going astray. I thought I could do the work in a few hours. I have now spent more than a person-week on it and I am still not sure it really works. Moan moan moan.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:54 PM   #55
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
As another aside: night view is a perfect example of good intentions going astray. I thought I could do the work in a few hours. I have now spent more than a person-week on it and I am still not sure it really works. Moan moan moan.
Oh, those nice and simple features so easy to implement...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:19 PM   #56
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It fixed it because by unchecking that box you are telling CC to use a text view instead of a web (html) view. It is the web view that is "broken".

The problem here is that apparently every manufacturer of an Android device felt free to implement a different web view. Equally apparently, most of them are not offering the security and functionality updates flowing from Google. I *think* I have worked around most of this nonsense, but I don't know.

When the next beta appears, it would help to recheck that box on the "failing" device to see if it still fails.

I for one definitely appreciate the night view. It depends on when you put out the next beta if I can test it or not. I have my first round of chemo Tuesday and Wednesday and I have no idea how bad it will be. If it's not too bad I will be bored sitting there all day and will be happy to test.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:44 PM   #57
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Purple Lady, I hope the chemo won't be very hard on you.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:01 PM   #58
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Purple Lady, I hope the chemo won't be very hard on you.
Thanks.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:25 AM   #59
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have my first round of chemo Tuesday and Wednesday and I have no idea how bad it will be. If it's not too bad I will be bored sitting there all day and will be happy to test.
Well, that puts my "moan moan moan" in perspective.

I hope that the process isn't too arduous and that the outcome is everything you want it to be.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:16 PM   #60
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well, that puts my "moan moan moan" in perspective.

I hope that the process isn't too arduous and that the outcome is everything you want it to be.
Thanks.

And go ahead and moan moan moan. You can always find someone worse off than you, and what kind of world would this be if you can't complain about anything.