Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #46
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
"Dutifully"? Dooty? I'm straining (heh-heh) to make the connection between this post and the baby book... Oh never mind. It's not worth the effort. I'm going back to my nap. Wake me if I get more karma.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #47
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
... which one of us is the evil one?...
The squirrel is... Unless you suffer from squirrelitis you'll do fine.
Any...hmm... nut fantasies by the way?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #48
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
The squirrel is... Unless you suffer from squirrelitis you'll do fine.
Any...hmm... nut fantasies by the way?
All of them.

Cheers,
Marc (I once was a wallflower, but now I'm a walnut)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:49 PM   #49
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
So now Marc's avatar has like these two spiders climbing out of his right eye and he's starting to look a bit cross-eyed following their progress as they head down his cheek. Now if the spiders attack the squirrels it should be a total mash-up or at least a chance to try out this camera in my wife's cell phone. (Mine is an old Palm OS 4.5 powered Samsung that will allow me to read a book in tiny type but not take a picture.)

So the question is, "Do you walk or take a lunch?"
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #50
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Marc is obviously both "bright-eyed" (see avatar) and "bushy-talied", as he admitted in a post here, somewhere. That makes him both a colloquiil... colaulsm.. COllou.. geographically specific idiom, AND a squirrel. Please, step away slowly.
Advert
Old 05-03-2008, 11:02 PM   #51
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
A squirrel with spiders' eyes?
I shall never be able to look at him in the same way again...
I preferred the avatar where her was carrying vivaldirules about.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #52
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

...I once was a wallflower, but now I'm a walnut)...
Does that mean you're hung over or is it a clever way to escape squirrels?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #53
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
A squirrel with spiders' eyes?
I shall never be able to look at him in the same way again...
I preferred the avatar where her was carrying vivaldirules about.
i agree. this new one gives me the heebie jeebies. i had to leave the lights on all night after i saw it for the first time. it's the maniacal expression in that one, giant, fixed eye that does it... brrr !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #54
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe the spiders were going in (hard to tell in this stop motion) to check on the nuts left in the brain cavity by the squirrels. Either way Marc's goose is cooked (or at least his Peking Duck.)
Old 05-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #55
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Maybe the spiders were going in (hard to tell in this stop motion) to check on the nuts left in the brain cavity by the squirrels. Either way Marc's goose is cooked (or at least his Peking Duck.)
So is blueberry pie #3.1416.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #56
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
So is blueberry pie #3.1416.
yah, dat is rite
Old 05-05-2008, 02:11 PM   #57
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Personally, am awaiting the day when Whuffie becomes a reality.

Of course, since it takes me an eon to read every book, often transmute myself into the story and feel a part of the world the crafty author has laid out for me. This would explain my shock at the 11 Sept 2001 attacks having finished Skinny Legs & All , and why I very often think that I can will objects into my hands after watching Sci-Fi movies.

Shudder to think what would occur should we implement a 'negative' karmic-reaction. Besides devolving into a flame-ridden snark fest like many other fora, fear that a black market of back-scratching opportunists would arise, with the result of Mobile Read being governed by bushy-tailed warlords with 1,000's of post-it notes strewn about, describing the location of their karma hordes.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #58
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Moderators once had the power to give negative karma. However, we decided to give up this ability, foreseeing the problems that The Old One mentions.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #59
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Yes, wise choice. I much prefer to express my negative reactions via sarcasm and snarky, veiled remarks.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #60
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I too have the heebie-jeebies at Marc's new avatar. I liked the one where he had VR with him.

Taylor - nice squirrel. Is he teaching Planethead to play guitar, or vice versa?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness