Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many ebooks have you read from cover to cover?
10 or less 2 1.04%
11 to 25 14 7.25%
26 to 50 13 6.74%
51 to 100 15 7.77%
101 or more 149 77.20%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2013, 05:21 AM   #46
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
According to my calibre database I've read 1,895 ebooks. Granted, not all of those were cover to cover, as some got abandoned. But I could safely say 1,850. That's between 150 and 200 per year.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #47
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Crap, I didn't see the OP edit the question to per year. I voted over 101, but on a per year basis it is around 26-50.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The correct answer is none as eBooks don't have a back cover. So because of this, it's not possible to read an eBook cover to cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #49
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The correct answer is none as eBooks don't have a back cover. So because of this, it's not possible to read an eBook cover to cover.

Welcome back Jon.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

Welcome back Jon.
Happy to be back.
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #51
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I think the question itself is guilty of an inaccuracy. You can't read an ebook cover to cover because there is no back cover on them. At least not with the ones I've seen through Amazon. You reach the end and it asks you to rate it from 1 to 5 stars, but there is no actual back cover.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #52
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Well - I'd be surprised if I had a year where I read more than 100 books in it. I'm not a reading every waking second kind of guy. I'm usually somewhere between 60 and 70 per year.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #53
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I find it sad that on a site dedicated to reading a metaphor is taken so literally. You know that thing you see when your computer boots up - not actually the top surface of a desk. Those little pictures that represent your programs and documents - not actually religious representations of holy people.

Anyway if we're being so literal, how often do you read a paper book "cover to cover"? Do you really start at the title on the cover, read all the copyright and legalese on the inside leaf* and continue on until you've finished the advertising blurb and price info on the back?

*not an actual leaf but a sheet of paper.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #54
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I read anything from 3-10 books a month depending on how much spare time I have and what else I choose to do with that spare time (I seem to spend a lot of time on here reading about ebooks and ereaders ). Usually nearer the higher end of that scale so possibly around 70-90 a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
My answer would unfortunately have to be zero.
I haven't gotten one e-Book with covers yet.
There's always got to be one hasn't there..... edit, hang on make that two, no three now!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #55
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Umm
Latepaul, I think that was intended as a joke. You know, humour. Both the original content and the reply.
Anyway, my kindle has a cover front and back.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #56
AniaR
Enthusiast
AniaR does all things with Zen-like beautyAniaR does all things with Zen-like beautyAniaR does all things with Zen-like beautyAniaR does all things with Zen-like beautyAniaR does all things with Zen-like beautyAniaR does all things with Zen-like beautyAniaR does all things with Zen-like beautyAniaR does all things with Zen-like beautyAniaR does all things with Zen-like beautyAniaR does all things with Zen-like beautyAniaR does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I voted 51-100, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more...
AniaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I think the question itself is guilty of an inaccuracy. You can't read an ebook cover to cover because there is no back cover on them. At least not with the ones I've seen through Amazon. You reach the end and it asks you to rate it from 1 to 5 stars, but there is no actual back cover.
Duplicate post. See #48 in this thread for the original post.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #58
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Duplicate post. See #48 in this thread for the original post.
I didn't see your post til after I'd posted. Of course you could chalk it up to great minds thinking alike.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #59
meursault
meursault began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC (probably)
Voted 101 or more before noticing your update.

Per year, probably ~30.
meursault is offline   Reply With Quote