Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #46
The CB
Enthusiast
The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
Well, the question is, if it will look good on prestigio. I've had a look on your screenshots again. On 85c, only the CB formattings are not working, so please try to use lower-case letters to name them.
The attachment is a Sigil build (85a) with calibre-style headings in the files. Tell me how it works on the prestigio.
I am still waiting for my prestigio tester to send new photos :-) Meanwhile I changed CB to cb, and used two epub readers for android. One that came with Samsung galaxy Tab recognised all with no problem, while Aldiko, didn't recognise cb styles in original and in reconverted epub. Could it be because those are applied before heading?...

Last edited by The CB; 03-17-2012 at 12:10 PM.
The CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #47
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CB View Post
I am still waiting for my prestigio tester to send new photos :-) Meanwhile I changed CB to cb, and used two epub readers for android. One that came with Samsung galaxy Tab recognised all with no problem, while Aldiko, didn't recognise cb styles in original and in reconverted epub. Could it be because those are applied before heading?...
We discussed this earlier in this thread. IMO it does not matter where you place a formatting. The partition with headings ist not a technical partition, it is a partition in the context of the book-contents, somehow nothing else than a special formatting.

Aldiko ? Somewhat freeware for tablets and smartphones ?? Actually which platform, Android ??? I can understand, that's neccessary to support Prestigio, since it's the most populare piece of hardware in your region.

If any freeware can't handle correct spelled code, toss it out.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #48
The CB
Enthusiast
The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The CB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
We discussed this earlier in this thread. IMO it does not matter where you place a formatting. The partition with headings ist not a technical partition, it is a partition in the context of the book-contents, somehow nothing else than a special formatting.
Yes we discussed it just came to my mind again in a way that to these so-called readers nothing happens logically :-) Anyway here is the photo of Prestigio again two pages only...

Code:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27794013/IMG_7004.JPG
Quote:
Aldiko ? Somewhat freeware for tablets and smartphones ?? Actually which platform, Android ??? I can understand, that's neccessary to support Prestigio, since it's the most populare piece of hardware in your region.
Yes it is freeware for Android I installed it on my Samsung tablet while waiting for Prestigio photo, wanted to see what and if. Unfortunately so far Prestigio is the only e-ink reader available in the shops in the region. Thank you so much for your effort and help I guess I shoudl start campaign against this company :-)

Last edited by The CB; 03-17-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #49
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Anyway here is the photo of Prestigio again two pages
mmh, slowly i run out of ideas. I'll give it a last try tomorrow.

What's about avoiding uppercase Stylenames and bulleted Lists, splitting the large file ? Maybe we don't find out, why prestigio needs a callibre-convertion, but i would like to hear that we fixed that book.

Quote:
I guess I shoudl start campaign against this company :-)
Do they have a service-hotline ??
Old 03-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #50
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
mmh, slowly i run out of ideas. I'll give it a last try tomorrow.
What's about avoiding uppercase Stylenames and bulleted Lists, splitting the large file ? Maybe we don't find out, why prestigio needs a callibre-convertion, but i would like to hear that we fixed that book.
I will do all that, and will change in my predefined styles font weight into 500 and will make another one where will do the same where I used Sigil's predefined font weight as well, but I must say my hopes are not too high.

Quote:
Do they have a service-hotline ??
They do have some technical supports and I already told some users to call them and complain about the issue. As I already said this was not cheap reader, not at all. But very bad quality to my opinion.

Last edited by The CB; 03-17-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #51
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
I will do all that, and will change in my predefined styles font weight into 500 and will make another one where will do the same where I used Sigil's predefined font weight as well, but I must say my hopes are not too high.
So let me explain:
Your callibre conversions always work on Prestigio, except for this book. I think you did something new/different, that causes the different behaviour. (Thats's why i asked if you used bulleted lists before). Or the book has some new features.

However the code, calibre produces looks almost clean. So it's up to us to guess, what causes the failure. Since it's a specific issue on Prestigio, all approaches to solve the problem have the smell of "unusual" or "unprobable". But the problem is still there, unusual or not....

What you can do is to systemtically test all unprobable features, if they are the reason for the fault, as
  • get another Prestigio and look if the problem is there as well (this is essential ! I tracked down an issue an my acer which depends partly on a internal database corruption of that device)
  • check if calibre settings are changed
  • remove bullets
  • use lowercase letters for cb
  • change the value of font-weight
  • move those lines above "Draga kompjuterka" below the heading (yes, do not trust me , test it !)
  • etc... any idea what could work
You should do all the changes with 85a and run it through calibre. By this you create a series of books with minor changes, just to track down the issue. I know this is a very tedious job, but is there any alternative ? (returning the commission ??)
Old 03-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #52
mmat1
Berti

This is my last attemt to get a grip on the global "have to run it through callibre" issue.

It's the same as 85f plus perfect unix-style line breaks.

Can you test it on the Prestigio ?
Attached Files
File Type: epub sirius_85g.epub (128.9 KB, 158 views)
Old 03-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #53
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
I'd like to suggest creating a small epub in Sigil which uses a stylesheet, in 3 or 4 section/chapter files, also which has several home rolled styles similar in appearance to what you would desire. Check that file on Prestigio, than do a epub-epub convert in calibre and try that and see what differences there are on device and if it doesn't work from Sigil.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #54
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
This is my last attemt to get a grip on the global "have to run it through callibre" issue.

It's the same as 85f plus perfect unix-style line breaks.

Can you test it on the Prestigio ?
I am sending it now to one of the users. Thank you really for all your effort :-)
Old 03-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #55
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
I'd like to suggest creating a small epub in Sigil which uses a stylesheet, in 3 or 4 section/chapter files, also which has several home rolled styles similar in appearance to what you would desire. Check that file on Prestigio, than do a epub-epub convert in calibre and try that and see what differences there are on device and if it doesn't work from Sigil.
We tried almost everything, actually mmat1 did almost all structure and fine research because I got really useless and we had no luck.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #56
The CB
Enthusiast

I must conclude so far nothing. @mmat1 the file you made - no changes, all is the same as before. The file where I made style changes: no list, bold to font weight 800, CB to cb, split that big file into two and again it didn''t work, and after converting lost styles. I noticed it recognise only format of heading styles as centered nothing else. I can suggest people to avoid Prestigio :-) Thank you so much all for your suggestions, and mmat1 for all your effort.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #57
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Can you try testing this file on the Prestigio.

It has several styles from the css. Also try it on whatever readers you want to see what should be displayed.

If it doesn't work on Prestigio, try a convert in calibre, and if that then displays can you post that converted epub back here.

Testfile - Perkin.epub
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #58
The CB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
Can you try testing this file on the Prestigio.

If it doesn't work on Prestigio, try a convert in calibre, and if that then displays can you post that converted epub back here.

Attachment 84224
Thank you I will do so I just have to send this file to one of Presitigo's user and asap I am posting back here.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #59
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
I noticed it recognise only format of heading styles as centered nothing else.
This is not nothing. If this behaviour can be verified with completely different ebooks (such as Perkins Testfile) then we've found it. Sometimes, problems can't be solved without the one, who made them (Pointing on the programmers of Prestigio ).

So, why not make a book with left-aligned headings ?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #60
The CB
Enthusiast

Ok here @Perkin's file. Prestigio could open only one page of the original file, after conversion here is the link how the file looks like and how it is displayed on the Prestigio. I must say I was confused with the photo IMG-7025 because it dsiplayed styles ok then I noticed that user i asked to do this test while converting generated cover page from the first page of epub. Anyway, now we have all styles centered even those left aligned. I have huge problem because I don't own Prestigio myself to do all the test I want and getting frustrated with that.

Ok here is EPUB after conversion
Code:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27794013/Testfile%20-%20Perkin.epub
and here are the photos
Code:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27794013/Testfile%20perkin%20JPG.zip
I must add something I downloaded one book from the Feedbook page that was based on xml files, I opened it in Sigil added a cover and saved it in Sigil and it worked perfectly on Prestigio, all pages, all styles. But when you make a file in Sigil Prestigio doesn't recognise, convert it through calibre -Prestigio recognise (not styles though) and again want to make some changes save it in Sigil - Prestigio doesn't recognise again - sees only 2 or 3 pages.

Last edited by The CB; 03-20-2012 at 09:10 AM.