Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:00 PM   #46
hermes
non-techy
hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Location: wherever I can afford to get laid and eat vegetarian
Device: Sony pocket edition and Kobo touch both died - looking at Kindles
Pick up ass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizilla View Post
There's plenty of PUA literature out there. Maybe he hasn't discovered it yet, or he'd be complaining about being a beta male.
I do not understand. And yes, I am a theta male.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:06 PM   #47
hermes
non-techy
hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
C'mon folks. What are the chances a straight guy would have a screen name of Hermes? What, was Bruce already taken?
Yes. And so was Hermes Pan, the choreographer of Fred Astaire. But HP was bisexual. I'll buy anything sexual too.
Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #48
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes View Post
I *am* however suggesting that leather boys do not lead the rainbow parade celebrating Roman legion tactics.
Okay, are you sure that you aren't ps249?

Quote:
Yes. And so was Hermes Pan, the choreographer of Fred Astaire. But HP was bisexual. I'll buy anything sexual too.
Fred who? (My avatar was already that way, I swear!)
Old 05-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #49
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I think I hear a death knell.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #50
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I know that I just put this .... on my ignore list!
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #51
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
"I never said that bookbuyers are overwhelmingly women and gay. I said that female and gay consumers constituted the largest niche markets for fiction."
Actually you did say that if you look over the snippet of your post above women = female and gay=gay you just rephrased it a bit whether you realized it or not. There might be a grain of truth to the first part (about women) though as the Romance market is where the largest share of books are published each year and I imagine most (though not necessarily all) of the book buyers in that genre are women simply because more women than men read romances. Though you don't have to be gay to read romance novels either.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #52
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
I was going to ask my partner about this - but I took one look at him (6 foot 4" in socks and usually found dismantling his car) and decided it was probably a really stupid question!
And yes, he likes reading, but usually on his phone.
Could one reason the phone/ebook reader might be more popular with men than a dedicated ebook reader be the ability to carry the phone clipped to a belt? Do they perceive the ebook reader as too fragile-looking? Is there a market for a chunkier ebook reader with a set of socket spanners built into the back? (OK - I'll take my tongue out of my cheek now!)
It's generational -- young ladies read on their phones here.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #53
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wow - so much contention! I thought the original post was hilarious. I was so glad I was not drinking anything at the time or I would have turned into a human fountain.

Sometimes people just have a particularly cheeky way of phrasing things. I can appreciate that. I particularly liked this later in the discussion:

Quote:
I *am* however suggesting that leather boys do not lead the rainbow parade celebrating Roman legion tactics.
How can anyone be offended by something so laugh-out-loud funny?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:50 AM   #54
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Actually you did say that if you look over the snippet of your post above women = female and gay=gay you just rephrased it a bit whether you realized it or not.
I think you're rebutting the wrong thing here. What you quoted from Hermes was actually his friend telling him off presumably for this in the first post:

Quote:
A publisher friend in NYC tells me that book buyers are overwhelmingly females and homosexual men. Truth or fact?
Old 06-01-2011, 02:59 AM   #55
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Wow - so much contention! I thought the original post was hilarious. I was so glad I was not drinking anything at the time or I would have turned into a human fountain.

Sometimes people just have a particularly cheeky way of phrasing things. I can appreciate that. I particularly liked this later in the discussion:

How can anyone be offended by something so laugh-out-loud funny?
But you must admit that all the righteous anger of posters in this thread just made the whole thing even more funny

I thought the OP was pretty funny and too ironic to be taken seriously (much). Yet, there is a grain of truth in there. Just yesterday I read an article in the newspaper about how little men read in comparison to women, and when they do, it tends to be non-fiction and biographies and hobby books (including sex and making money *)

* Okay, it didn't say anything about sex and money, that was my own notion
Old 06-01-2011, 04:48 AM   #56
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
We are all ODD in a NORMAL kind of way right ?

And would I want to be NORMAL even if I had the choice ???

I doubt that somehow !

Actually I don't think the OP meant to offend or stir up all this reaction, and had just worded things clumbsilly ... Have you noticed we READERS do that a lot ?

Well, It's the next day, I've read more on my Kindle, and I'm still not gay, Maybe I'm doing it WRONGLY ... !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
You're not alone Kevin, I can claim the same thing, including being odd. lol. Of course I think us odd people number in the majority since no one has as yet reached a consensus as to what is normal vs. odd so I guess we're doing ok.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:53 AM   #57
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
And yes, I am a theta male.
What is theta male?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #58
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
What is theta male?
At the end of the room a loud speaker projected from the wall. The Director walked up to it and pressed a switch.
"… all wear green," said a soft but very distinct voice, beginning in the middle of a sentence, "and Kappa Children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Kappa children. And Lambdas are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly colour. I'm so glad I'm a Theta."
There was a pause; then the voice began again.
"Eta children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm really awfuly glad I'm a Theta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Iotas and Kappas. Iotas are stupid. They all wear green, and Kappa children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Kappa children. And Lambdas are still worse. They're too stupid to be able …"
The Director pushed back the switch. The voice was silent. Only its thin ghost continued to mutter from beneath the eighty pillows.
"They'll have that repeated forty or fifty times more before they wake; then again on Thursday, and again on Saturday. A hundred and twenty times three times a week for thirty months. After which they go on to a more advanced lesson."
Old 06-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #59
hermes
non-techy

slaves to our DNA

>how little men read in comparison to women, and when they do, it tends to be non-fiction and biographies and hobby books (including sex and making money *)

No doubt the reason men might seem obsessed with sex and making money has nothing to do with we as individual men or women want. It is in the interest of the continuation of the human race that we impregnate as many women as possible (totally the opposite mating strategy of women who carefully select one male, preferably an alpha male) and bring home the bacon (or soyabeans) so that our offspring will grow up healthy and strong and do the same nonsense all over again, eh?

Last edited by hermes; 06-01-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:32 AM   #60
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Well, It's the next day, I've read more on my Kindle, and I'm still not gay, Maybe I'm doing it WRONGLY ... !!!
Try reading it upside down
Closed Thread