Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #46
fglaysher
Connoisseur
fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader & Aluratek Libre Touch
Also, Note Everything is a little word processor that works. I've used it with success. http://www.freewarelovers.com/android
fglaysher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #47
fglaysher
Connoisseur
fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader & Aluratek Libre Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by binky View Post
fglaysher, pretty much the top of the list when I googled "Moon+ reader for android 1.5", links at the bottom for v1.3:

http://www.mydroid.info/android-apps...ader-pro-v1-3/

I won't vouch for the apk file since I really have no device for testing it and I have no desire to set up the dev environment for android again heh.
It won't install on the Aluratek Libre Touch, not at least on mine. Has anyone actually installed it?
fglaysher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #48
reny
reny is on a distinguished road

Device: Libre Touch
I have downloaded the Moon+ reader app and moved it to my Libre Touch. It would not install. The message that I get is: 'Application not installed - Moon + Reader could not be installed on this Aluratek'.
I have installed other application without incident.
reny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #49
fathermike
fathermike began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Touch
Thanks so much for your support. I have read all the threads in this particular forum - and tried to read some in the Android Devices but I stopped reading because I found it too technical. I am self taught in all computer matters - so I need really simple things and lots of hand holding. I was able to figure out hotmail and thanks to yourself I now have Note Everything as well!
fathermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #50
reny

fathermike, after I posted my comments above about Moon + Reader (which looks fantastic) I found out that the latest version needs Android 1.6. I then found an earlier version that claimed to work on Android 1.5 (which is what we have). I downloaded it and experienced the same problem - it would not install.

I see that you have gotten hotmail to work. I was not succesful with this - can you post what you did to get it working.

Last edited by reny; 06-13-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #51
binky
Book Monkey
binky doesn't litterbinky doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
It may be that Moon+ Pro can't work on the Libre Touch without rooting, however, I'd just keep trying earlier versions of the apk in the hopes one takes.

There seems to be a link to Moon+ Reader Pro v1.2.21 here:
http://mobileplanet-waryam.blogspot....-apk-1221.html

Once again, typical disclaimers since I've no way of testing this. Hope this helps.
binky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #52
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
What version is the Kobo reader program on the Libre color touch? Can you use it to take notes & highlight passages?
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #53
KayCS
KayCS is on a distinguished road

Device: Aluratek Libre Touch, Coby Kyros 7016
Hi all,

Just found this internet radio app and had it installed, and you know, it really works ! I am typing this while listening to it. It makes me happy and I'd like to share it with anyone who's into internet radio.

http://www.downloadplex.com/Mobile/A...id_380712.html
KayCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #54
KayCS

Does anyone know if there's a way to upgrade the OS to 1.6 ? I doubt if Aluratek would support it, however...

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #55
fathermike

Quote:
Originally Posted by reny View Post
fathermike, after I posted my comments above about Moon + Reader (which looks fantastic) I found out that the latest version needs Android 1.6. I then found an earlier version that claimed to work on Android 1.5 (which is what we have). I downloaded it and experienced the same problem - it would not install.

I see that you have gotten hotmail to work. I was not succesful with this - can you post what you did to get it working.
Here's what I found to work for setting up hotmail

If this is the 1st email account you are setting up on Android device, tap Mail and follow the screen.

Otherwise, from Home screen tap Mail and then Menu (top right hand side of ereader next to return symbol) and then accounts and choose new account or add account.

Enter your email address and password for the account you are setting up and then next and then choose pop3 account.

Hit Next

Then input the following info under the screen Incoming Server Settings
email: complete email address
user name : may need to retype it so that it is your complete email address
password: insert what ever your password is
pop server: pop3.live.com
security type: SSL (always)
port: 995
delete from server - never

press next and will check incoming server settings and take you to screen for outgoing server settings
SMTP server: smtp.live.com
port: 587 ( if this doesn't work try 25)
security type - TLS (always)
leave the require sign in tickbox checked
username and password should already be filled in for you
press next

account options - frequency of checking mail can be set at whatever your preference is but remember that the more it checks for new mail the more the battery will be used
next boxes are personal preference so check whatever you want here.

press next

final screen asks for names for this account - I used Hotmail to help diffentiate.
then press Done.

Hopefully it will work.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #56
Sunflower76
Sunflower76 began at the beginning.

Hi everyone,

Just joined, and I gotta say, I love you guys - so many resources! This is my first ereader, and I've had it less than 24 hours, but I love it so far. The only thing I can't figure out how to do is change the RSS feed on the main screen... I know a couple other people were looking for it as well - any luck? While I love yahoo, I really don't want to read anymore stories about Weiner's weiner...
Sunflower76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #57
reny

Thank you so much fathermike.....using your instructions, I was able to get hotmail to work. And you said that you were non technical!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #58
fathermike

@ reny
Glad to hear that my instructions worked for you... and I really am non technical. I usually research several sources and keep trying until something works, but I need things described in plain everyday English.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #59
KayCS

Here is a list of Android 1.5 apps that can be installed and runs well on the Libre|Touch:

1) The TuneIn internet radio app I mentioned above.
2) Touch Pool 2D, its a pool game, but unfortunately it doesn't fill up the entire screen.
3) Note Everything.
4) WatchDog, an app that monitors system resources and allows you to kill a running app that doesn't want to quit and takes up valuable resources.
5) Facebook for Android.
6) Amazon for Android.
7) News and Weather.
8) MiniMinigolf, a simple miniature golf game, this one does take up the entire screen.

If I find more, I will add them here.

Happy Libre-Touching !
Old 07-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #60
KayCS

@Sunflower76, welcome, I am also pretty new to this group actually.. ! The News and Weather app I mentioned above in the list gives you way better feeds than the clumsy one on the main page, it gives you an entire page of news feeds based on US, World, Finance, Health, Entertainment, and more, all in their own page tabs ! I myself actually ignore the tiny RSS feed window completely on the main page, its just not that useful and hard to control.
Here is a direct download link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1266335180

Tags
aluratek libre touch, wifi aebk08fb