Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #46
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHazardsDuke View Post
@Ksquared - I have it on good authority from both NASA and God that a) raised is better and b) the bird is indeed equal to or greater than the word.

Yeah 212 ppi isn't great but from my pov it's still a step up from the 165 ppi of the original Touch (don't know if the Touch 2.0 increased the resolution or not).

I wonder if Kobo will at some point phase out the Touch 2.0 and make this the new entry level device. If this had directly replaced the Touch 2.0 it would have made alot more sense in their line-up.
The Touch 2.0 is 167 ppi. This was just launched in September 2015, so you would think it would live a while longer.

The beauty of Kobo's strategy is they can claim that they offer more e-reader models than anyone, but not have to build manufacturing capacity for the 2 that no one will buy.

If I was in need of a reader right now, I would have a hard time deciding. I really am looking forward to seeing peoples real comments on the new models.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:45 AM   #47
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
@freekobo - That, if accurate (and Mr T is the CEO so he should know!) is pretty sweet.
When the first Paperwhite was introduced Jeff Bezos, in answer to a question, said that the light could be turned off completely. The original version of the user guide said the same thing; it was corrected later.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2016, 02:55 AM   #48
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
True but sometime down the road they could just offer the Aura One with two screen sizes.
Or three. I want a six-inch version of the One instead of the underwhelming Edition 2.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:45 AM   #49
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Or three. I want a six-inch version of the One instead of the underwhelming Edition 2.
Amen!
I was hoping for that, I kept some money for a new 6'' reader for replacement of my Aura 6'', but my hopes never come true. I think on this as a polished Aura 6'' with a bright screen (due the carta instead of pearl) and with a light sensor. Nothing more, nothing less (except the loss of the external sd slot)
Yesterday I bought a Glo HD, and no, Ι don't regret for that decision.
WolfBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #50
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBack View Post
Amen!
I was hoping for that, I kept some money for a new 6'' reader for replacement of my Aura 6'', but my hopes never come true. I think on this as a polished Aura 6'' with a bright screen (due the carta instead of pearl) and with a light sensor. Nothing more, nothing less (except the loss of the external sd slot)
Yesterday I bought a Glo HD, and no, Ι don't regret for that decision.
Let me know how your glo HD works out I also just purchased one should be here next week.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #51
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Let me know how your glo HD works out I also just purchased one should be here next week.

JJ
Nice move!
I think you will love it, like I do.
I'm almost done with the setup. Some firmware patches, KSM and Koreader is installed!.
It have anything I like for a device for outdoor use; great resolution, brighter screen with high dpi (than my Aura). It's a pleasure to read on this. It's a great companion with my H2O.
I'm really sure that you enjoy your new reader!

Sorry for the
WolfBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:55 AM   #52
TheHazardsDuke
Connoisseur
TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Still tempted to get this instead of Aura One. I have an orginal Kobo Touch so this is still a nice upgrade not mention its virtually half the price. The thing that's really making it impossible to decide is that I imagine this would be more practical for travel given its size (and my ereader is practically joined to my hip) and that battery life is pretty sweet.

Why couldn't they have made a 6' Aura One!
TheHazardsDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:45 AM   #53
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
No Built in Overdrive?

Well, I was looking for the built in Overdrive like the Aura One. I don't really want a bigger screen and I don't want to pay Aura One prices, so I guess I'll be skipping this round of new Kobos. Nothing here I can't get on my Aura 6". Darn.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:46 AM   #54
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Still tempted to get this instead of Aura One. I have an orginal Kobo Touch so this is still a nice upgrade not mention its virtually half the price. The thing that's really making it impossible to decide is that I imagine this would be more practical for travel given its size (and my ereader is practically joined to my hip) and that battery life is pretty sweet.

Yes! I'd be all over that!
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #55
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
...Why couldn't they have made a 6' Aura One!
They would then sell less Aura One's if they did that.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #56
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Yes a 6" Aura One would have me buying it too. I loved the flat bezel of the Aura but didn't like the screen quality, while the screen of my current H2O is great as is the waterproofing, but I would love more portability and flat bezel.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:12 PM   #57
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
They would then sell less Aura One's if they did that.

shrewd observation, if indeed that is the case then i can't understand why Kobo are releasing an inferior 6' version, it seems nonsensical to me.

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 08-30-2016 at 04:32 PM.
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:14 PM   #58
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:

I think I will stay with my trusty old Aura 6"...

If I needed a reader right now, I would go with the Glo HD due to the resolution. But I really like the flush screen. We need a build your own perfect eReader program!
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #59
TheHazardsDuke
Connoisseur
TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheHazardsDuke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Any Aura Edition 2 owners out there that want to share their thoughts on it?
TheHazardsDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #60
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
@KoboHelp was corrected by the CEO.

Michael Tamblyn ‏@mtamblyn
@jon5798 @KoboHelp @kobo Yes it does!

https://twitter.com/mtamblyn/status/768488496331759616
In the user guide there is not a mention of a auto setting or light sensor, in Goodereader thay say it is stat indicator light https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxNY_vSIDp0.

Last edited by oren64; 09-15-2016 at 12:36 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote