Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #46
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i can't help it, it's like a drug. i finished dead pigeons last night and it was brilliant (did i mention *that* ? really, i loved it. worthy of hammett.), and i didn't want to leave that universe, so i'm just biding my time for more moejoe...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #47
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i can't help it, it's like a drug. i finished dead pigeons last night and it was brilliant (did i mention *that* ? really, i loved it. worthy of hammett.), and i didn't want to leave that universe, so i'm just biding my time for more moejoe...
Here's a little sneaky peak of Beneath a Bloodshot Moon then (I'm hoping Friday night release, but I've got to say it could be next week depending).

Quote:
"Admiring the artwork are we, Mr. Finch?"

I shifted my gaze from the painting to the man and back again. My eyebrows wrinkled with confusion.

Steinbeck cocked his head in puzzlement as he looked at the picture. He didn't have eyebrows to wrinkle.

The man in the painting was at least six feet with a grease slick of dark black hair. He was slim with a jutting jaw and a perfect nose.

Krain was none of those things. Not even close.

I wanted to laugh. All the stories I'd heard, all the lead-up and he turned out to be a tubby little man with a cat cradled in his arms.

Cute.

Steinbeck didn't think any of this was cute. As soon as he saw that cat, he took his fighting stance. Hair raised along the scruff of his neck, teeth bared.

"Your animal, Mr. Finch, is disturbing Murak," he said and as slow as you like, stroked the hairless Siamese the wrong way.

The skin bunched up like the wrinkles in an unmade bed.

I winced.

"You called your cat, Murak?"
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #48
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
excellent !! thank you !!!! (of course, now i'm even more eager for the whole thing ! no pressure, you know, and all that... )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #49
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Okay, so here's the visual map I'm using while I write, which I thought might be interesting to some
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hoppersvillevisualmapsmall.png
Views:	292
Size:	515.7 KB
ID:	34514  
Old 08-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #50
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Nice map! You should include it in the finished collection, as a visual table of contents.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #51
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Nice map! You should include it in the finished collection, as a visual table of contents.
It would probably be illegal, or break some stupid law, although I have posted it on my blog, so who knows where it falls law-wise
Old 08-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #52
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Oh, yeah ... didn't think of that. Well, just a thought ... feel free to dismiss it.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #53
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Oh, yeah ... didn't think of that. Well, just a thought ... feel free to dismiss it.

I'd love to put it in, but I have no idea where I stand on that front I wonder if there's some sneaky copyright thing that I can get away with it because I'm not selling aything I'll have to look into it
Old 08-20-2009, 02:32 AM   #54
Moejoe
Banned

Sneaky Peak

Here's the cover design I've been working on
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hoppersvillesmall.png
Views:	256
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	34521  
Old 08-20-2009, 03:33 AM   #55
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I like the visual map for your stories. What a great idea for keeping on track.
The cover is great. I like the color and car for that olden days feel... just me, but I think your name should be all together. I was a bit confused by the jumble of letters even though I knew what it was. (just a comment from an older generation point of view)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:52 AM   #56
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I like the visual map for your stories. What a great idea for keeping on track.
The cover is great. I like the color and car for that olden days feel... just me, but I think your name should be all together. I was a bit confused by the jumble of letters even though I knew what it was. (just a comment from an older generation point of view)
I'm just playing with typography at the moment to create a kind of 'look-twice to read' title for Hoppersville, also the text is disjointed in a way that the stories are...I think You're right about the author name being on one line though, I've changed that in subsequent versions
Old 08-20-2009, 04:54 AM   #57
Moejoe
Banned

I think I'm getting closer to 'final' with this one
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hoppersvillesmall.png
Views:	250
Size:	417.3 KB
ID:	34524  
Old 08-20-2009, 05:26 AM   #58
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like

**Now off to bed for me**
Old 08-24-2009, 02:13 AM   #59
Moejoe
Banned

First story released into the wild @ http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/7215

Blog post here: http://pauljohnlyon.wordpress.com/20...-1-nighthawks/

Click on image in first post for download too

This is a tad spooky Zee, so fair warning
Old 08-24-2009, 02:42 AM   #60
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Ah ha, just walked by the laptop and glanced at the forum spy and saw your post!! Downloaded and may just have to start it before work tomorrow.