Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #46
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
Curious: is there no option to remove the header when reading kepubs? I liked it at first, but have grown weary of it.
No one has found a way to change the kepub header yet. I don't think Metazoa (who found the original patches) read kepubs, so it wasn't a priority.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:19 AM   #47
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Ok - just had to know if I'd missed something obvious :-)
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #48
unoprata
unoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of light

Page Break

Hey guys, does this page break bug fix fixes hr defined to have a page-break-after?
Because here it isn't working... Tried both methods...
If anyone has a fix for epub page breaks on kepubs I'd be really grateful!
unoprata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #49
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoprata View Post
Hey guys, does this page break bug fix fixes hr defined to have a page-break-after?
Because here it isn't working... Tried both methods...
If anyone has a fix for epub page breaks on kepubs I'd be really grateful!
The patch doesn't affect page breaks that are defined in the book with the CSS page break property, if that is what you mean.

The patch only affects the automatic splitting of objects across pages. There is a bug (only in the epub reader, not in the kepub reader) that results in a failure to automatically split paragraphs which are longer than one full screen, and to incorrectly split some paragraphs at the end of a chapter.

However the patch doesn't work perfectly, both forms of the bug can still occur even with the patch applied.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #50
unoprata
unoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of light

Ah, got it... No luck then...
This bug onlyu annoys me with epubs generated from Calibre News Feeds, so I guess I'll have to try to change my recipe...
Thanks for the quick answer!
Advert
Old 02-19-2014, 11:05 PM   #51
unoprata

KEPUB Links as footnotes

Hi guys, sorry to disturb again...
Does anyone have a patch for the bug of kepub links being treated as footnotes?
Old 02-19-2014, 11:27 PM   #52
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoprata View Post
Hi guys, sorry to disturb again...
Does anyone have a patch for the bug of kepub links being treated as footnotes?
I don't know of any patch that affects footnotes.

However if your links are showing as footnotes when they shouldn't then I don't think that is a bug in the firmware, but a problem with the way the kepub has been constructed. I have kepub books with links which are not treated as footnotes (no footnote preview), and links which are. E.g. in many HarperCollins books the chapter heading is a link back to the table of contents and is not treated as a footnote.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:51 AM   #53
unoprata

Well, this bug only affects kepubs created by calibre from News Feeds here... I don't know if it's an attribute on the html, because I also have other kepubs where links work as expected... I'll take a look at it... But thanks in advance!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #54
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The only potential issues I can think of with 3.1.1 is that some kepub features such as chapter progress charts no longer work with sideloaded kepubs,
Is there a patch or a Calibre function that can restore this?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #55
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
There is a post by the author of the Kobo Extended driver that talks about this and details why it can not be done in a reliable manner. He also included a TOTALLY unsupported version that will not be updated that has this functionality.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #56
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
I think the issues were discussed in this thread, but as I don't use kepubs I'm not fully up to speed on the latest thinking.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #57
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. My Kobo Aura HD has arrived, with 3.1.1, and I just installed the patch! I think I'll leave my Glo alone, though.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #58
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Thanks. My Kobo Aura HD has arrived, with 3.1.1, and I just installed the patch! I think I'll leave my Glo alone, though.
Congratulations - how very brave on a brand new toy! Not as difficult as it sounded after all, eh?

P.S You've now justified the absolute NEED for the AuraHD. Patched fw when you need full customisation. Glo with ancient fw 2.6.1 when you need kepub stats.

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-22-2014 at 10:25 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #59
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

No, it wasn't hard. I had done all the work to prepare the patch last night, so it was just a matter of copying over the right file to the right place. (I didn't modify the config file).

I might do it on the Glo, too, after awhile. I'll have to compare the two and then decide.

Last edited by booklover6; 02-22-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #60
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
How is the screen difference from glo to aura HD? Is the screen a lot better? I am thinking of getting one with my tax refund.

Thanks,
Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote