ella935
ella935 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
My touch is also restarting after update to 1.9.6 (:
ella935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #47
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Probably why you don't notice it - it's powering back off before you look at it for the first time after sleeping or whenever.
I don't think so. Of course I can't say what happens overnight, but I keep my Kobo on my desk while I'm working (I work from home and it's usually outside its sleeve.) I notice when it clicks into sleep mode and when it clicks off. I've never seen it click back on unless I turn it on myself.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #48
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sao View Post
I don't think so. Of course I can't say what happens overnight, but I keep my Kobo on my desk while I'm working (I work from home and it's usually outside its sleeve.) I notice when it clicks into sleep mode and when it clicks off. I've never seen it click back on unless I turn it on myself.
Perhaps it's the problem that plauge(s/d?) the Kobo Wi-Fi and it's now turning itself on spontaneously to try and connect to get your magazine/newspaper subscriptions (even when you don't have one), which would make it mainly happen overnight...

Anyone else noticed any specific timing for it? [and, if anyone's getting it during the day, perhaps check its internal clock versus your local time]
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #49
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
I have mine set on airplane mode though, and am not subscribed to any newspapers or magazines. Would it still try to check for subscriptions?
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #50
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
I have mine set on airplane mode though, and am not subscribed to any newspapers or magazines. Would it still try to check for subscriptions?
Since it's obviously bugged, it wouldn't surprise me.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #51
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
While it may seem like a logical guess, since the KT doesn't currently have the functionality to automatically download newspapers I doubt this is the cause. And in fact with the Wifi I had to leave it in sleep in order for it automatically download subscriptions. If it was OFF it would not download.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #52
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Mine is set to sleep after 5 minutes and power off after 15 minutes. I haven't actually seen it power on by itself, but twice this week (update: 3 times) I found it in Sleep mode when I pulled it out to read a few hours after powering off. It was definitely powered off when I put it away, which I know for sure not only because because I saw it power off, and because it would have powered itself off after 15 minutes in Sleep mode, but also because it restarted from Sleep mode on the Home page instead of on the last book page I was reading. It's not a low power warning thing, because I just recharged a few days ago and it's still at about 80%.

Last edited by FJames; 07-23-2011 at 08:33 PM.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #53
Mithradyr
Enthusiast
Mithradyr doesn't litterMithradyr doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
My touch is also turning on with default settings.
Mithradyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #54
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithradyr View Post
My touch is also turning on with default settings.
It won't much longer. 1.9.7 definitely fixes it. I am not sure how long before it is released, but I suspect it will be fairly soon. I had the issue as well, but the beta took care of it.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #55
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I saw mine turn on by itself today. Not so coincidentally, it was about 5 minutes after I turned it off, and my Sleep timer is set to 5 minutes. So I would guess that the self-turning-on is probably due to a firmware bug which fails to cancel the Sleep timer when powering off.

I discovered an interesting aspect of another bug today too - the delayed double page turn. I tapped to turn the page, and nothing happened. Since it was a fairly firm tap (not a light brush), I was sure it should have registered, so I waited a couple of seconds to see if there was a delayed response. It wasn't at the end of a chapter or anything, so there shouldn't have been a delay, but I waited anyway - and nothing happened. Until I tapped again, and then it instantly turned two pages.

The page turn normally doesn't trigger until you lift your finger to complete a touch, so it looks like this bug may be due to "finger up" not being recognized until you tap again.

Last edited by FJames; 07-24-2011 at 02:54 PM.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #56
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It won't much longer. 1.9.7 definitely fixes it. I am not sure how long before it is released, but I suspect it will be fairly soon. I had the issue as well, but the beta took care of it.
The Kobo Gods must be smiling on you.... thanks for letting us know.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #57
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
What are the optimal settings to prolong the battery charge?
I've never seen the problem described here and until now have left the settings on the default of 15 minutes and never.
As the Touch is so much faster to restart I really don't care whether it sleeps or powers off but I'm curious to know what settings will help give me the longest battery life.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #58
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
Off and airplane mode.

Anyone know if the delayed double page turn is fixed in 1.9.7 as well?
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #59
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
I've never seen the problem described here and until now have left the settings on the default of 15 minutes and never.
As the Touch is so much faster to restart I really don't care whether it sleeps or powers off but I'm curious to know what settings will help give me the longest battery life.
Also page refresh from 1 page to 6 pages... drawback though is more apparent ghosting.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #60
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
Off and airplane mode.

Anyone know if the delayed double page turn is fixed in 1.9.7 as well?
Hope its soon...... that delay can be more then just a double tap.