Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 04:21 AM   #46
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJason View Post
Hi everyone,

There's one change we forgot to mention in James' release notes.

The power button now requires to be held for 2.5s - or until the LED lights up - before your Vox can be powered on. We made this change to prevent accidental powering on when the device is in transit.

This may be the cause for some frustrations in this thread.

Best,
Jason
----------------------------------------------------

I'm enjoying this update Jason, and thank you for your team efforts. This is a good feature, as I can't tell you the number of times I would turn on the Vox, when I only wanted to pick it up from the front and the bottom.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:21 AM   #47
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Hope I didnt miss this somewhere

Any idea when this will be available for everyone, read on one of the other topics this is north america only at the moment

Hopefully would like to see it in the UK before xmas day (when I get my vox)

EDIT:another quick one, how big are these updates (with my BB if I am lucky I can download 1 GB/hour)

Last edited by paulsalter; 12-21-2011 at 04:40 AM.
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 04:36 AM   #48
Whoover
Enthusiast
Whoover began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo Vox
Ditto.
Whoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #49
Dugger
Dugger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo VOX
The new update prevents my wife from having the Kobo recognise her charger (and my charger for that matter). At first it simply wouldn't turn on, I took off the back and hit the reset button which worked and reset her Vox. However, this morning it's back to the same problem, and simply won't recognise either charger on her Vox.

Wow....

This will be the first return for her Vox, and I'm already on my third.... no offense... but this is a rather large concern....
Dugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #50
KoboJason
Kobo Vox Product Manager
KoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch
Hi everyone

We're working on releasing the update for our U.K. customers very shortly followed by Australia and New Zealand tomorrow.

Jason
KoboJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #51
wwat
Enthusiast
wwat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad, iPod
Hi Jason,

I want to make sure you realise that the latest update failed to rectify the sleep of death issue. i.e when wireless settings are set to 'When screen turns off' the kobo will lock up when the screen goes into sleep mode requiring a reset (holding the power button down for 10 seconds). After the kobo restarts you have to reconnect the wireless connection manually.

THanks.
wwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #52
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Quote:
Hi everyone

We're working on releasing the update for our U.K. customers very shortly followed by Australia and New Zealand tomorrow.

Jason
Good to know the update will hit the UK Vox's soon.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #53
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugger View Post
The new update prevents my wife from having the Kobo recognise her charger (and my charger for that matter). At first it simply wouldn't turn on, I took off the back and hit the reset button which worked and reset her Vox. However, this morning it's back to the same problem, and simply won't recognise either charger on her Vox.

Wow....

This will be the first return for her Vox, and I'm already on my third.... no offense... but this is a rather large concern....
Try the Update Firmware app. You've got nothing to lose by doing this. My Vox wouldn't correctly see my battery status or my charger either, but using this app fixed all my issues with this update.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #54
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
I've update the release notes at the top of the thread...

Quote:
Hi everyone,

There's one change we forgot to mention in James' release notes.

The power button now requires to be held for 2.5s - or until the LED lights up - before your Vox can be powered on. We made this change to prevent accidental powering on when the device is in transit.

This may be the cause for some frustrations in this thread.

Best,
Jason
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #55
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
So far everything is great with the new update on my Vox. I love the new shelves for the library, the sepia setting and I'm very happy to have acces to a dictionnary
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #56
Whoover
Enthusiast
Whoover began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo Vox
Good to know that UK will get this update soon. Now I just have to wait till Christmas day!

(Lol. Don't laugh Reader Paradice)
Whoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #57
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First true bug of update; non illuminated Wi-Fi icon.

Well, I had to slap my first true bug, albiet a minor one:

When I have turned off Wi-Fi by using the (power button hold down mask) Airplane Mode and then turning off the unit by the Power Off tab on the same menu,....when later powering back up, and then turning off Airplane Mode by the same power hold down button call up mask....the top right Wi-Fi signal strength icon does not 'light up' and show any bars of strength, even though I am sitting right next to the router and should have the full icon lit up for an excellent connection. I do have a Wi-Fi connection, because I then go to my Library and commence a successful SYNC cycle.

If I turn off, and then restart the Wi-Fi radio again, the icon does light up to show whatever strength of signal there is.

This is a minor bug, but a bug to be reported.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #58
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugger View Post

Wow....

------------------------------------------------------------------

To turn on the Vox, post update, you have to hold in power button for at least 3 seconds. Do so, and then release. The start-up sequence will initiate a few seconds after that 3 second hold-in of the button.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #59
wilbrich
Connoisseur
wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo (original), Sony Tablet, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader Paradice View Post
Well, I had to slap my first true bug, albiet a minor one:

When I have turned off Wi-Fi by using the (power button hold down mask) Airplane Mode and then turning off the unit by the Power Off tab on the same menu,....when later powering back up, and then turning off Airplane Mode by the same power hold down button call up mask....the top right Wi-Fi signal strength icon does not 'light up' and show any bars of strength, even though I am sitting right next to the router and should have the full icon lit up for an excellent connection. I do have a Wi-Fi connection, because I then go to my Library and commence a successful SYNC cycle.

If I turn off, and then restart the Wi-Fi radio again, the icon does light up to show whatever strength of signal there is.

This is a minor bug, but a bug to be reported.
I had this same issue before the update. Never worried too much about it tho. Along these same lines, I turn my wifi on and off using the widget that includes a refresh icon and a brightness icon. But invariably, I have to touch the wifi on twice. The first "on" touch does not bring up the signal strength icon. So I touch "off", then "on" again before the wifi connects. Again, I've had this as long as I can remember. Still have it now.
wilbrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #60
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Maybe not three seconds, but almost--you will see the green light turn on.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote