Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2023, 11:13 AM   #46
Fibogreg
Fibogreg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hello, Could you please send me Kobo Nia image? Thanks for any help
Old 04-17-2023, 11:15 AM   #47
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
PM sent
Advert
Old 04-28-2023, 10:31 AM   #48
bfrantz
bfrantz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara
Need kobo NIA image

Hi and thanks everyone for helping: My grandma NIA has a corrupted SD, no way to restore it but flashing a complete image...
I tried Inkbox, wich is working fine, but too complicated for her , and in english only , and she's french.
Old 04-29-2023, 01:54 AM   #49
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent
Old 05-15-2023, 10:31 AM   #50
Luxiusb
Luxiusb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4 model J9G29R
Hello,
I have also corrupted my kobo nia : the cable was removed while transfering a ebook.
Can somebody send me an image of the sd card.
Advert
Old 05-15-2023, 09:51 PM   #51
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxiusb View Post
Hello,
I have also corrupted my kobo nia : the cable was removed while transfering a ebook.
Can somebody send me an image of the sd card.
Have you followed the procedure in the Manual reset your Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Nia, Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Elipsa 2E article?

Give it a try before trying to restore the image.

PM sent just in case.
Old 05-17-2023, 03:38 AM   #52
Luxiusb

Thank you very much DNSB.
Yes I followed the procedure to manually reset the Kobo Nia but it didn't work.
I'm going to try with the image.
Regards
Luc
Old 05-18-2023, 01:14 PM   #53
Luxiusb

Once again thank you very much DNSB, it worked with the image.
Old 05-18-2023, 04:21 PM   #54
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Good to hear!
Old 05-21-2023, 10:02 AM   #55
mu88
mu88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia
Hi everyone,

I tried installing InkBox on my Kobo Nia, unfortunately without luck (newer versions of Nia are not yet supported due to hardware changes, see here). Now I'd like to switch back to Kobo's original firmware.

Before installing InkBox, I created an image of the original firmware using Win32DiskImager. Now I wrote this image back onto the Kobo's SD card, but it doesn't boot :'(

So I've downloaded the Kobo Nia files from the following locations:
- https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
- https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...eleases#Mark_7

But as I understand from reading this thread, the TGZ files are only updates and meant to be installed on properly working readers - which mine isn't anymore

So is there anything I can do (e. g. flashing the original Kobo Nia firmware onto the SD card) or is it bricked? If possible, I'd really appreciate if someone from you guys could provide me the firmware and a brief instruction how I've to proceed.

Thank you and have a great Sunday!
Old 05-21-2023, 11:10 AM   #56
DNSB
Bibliophagist

I've sent a link to an image of a Kobo Nia µSD card.

I'm not sure if it will work since you already created an image which did not work when you wrote it to a card.
Old 05-22-2023, 02:24 PM   #57
mu88

Thank you for the image, @DNSB! I quickly tried writing it to the SD card with both Win32DiskImager and the tool you mentioned: both report that the image is larger than the SD card and trying it anyway fails after approximately one minute. Do I have to reformat the SD card somehow?
Old 05-22-2023, 04:29 PM   #58
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu88 View Post
Thank you for the image, @DNSB! I quickly tried writing it to the SD card with both Win32DiskImager and the tool you mentioned: both report that the image is larger than the SD card and trying it anyway fails after approximately one minute. Do I have to reformat the SD card somehow?
I would suggest picking up a 16GB µSD card and trying the image on that. The image was created on a Nia with a 16GB card though only 8GB was actually used which is why 7Zip shows that 8GB empty block.

The number of times people have had issues with writing to the original µSD card is why I suggest using a new µSD to write the image to.

For my part, I've had good luck using the Flash Drive Image Creator & Flash Drive Image Writer. I've also tried Balena Etcher a couple of times with success. One issue is that with several of the software disk image packages I've tried is that they do not copy blank space. Kobo uses the blank space between the start of storage and the start of the first partition for several purposed and it does need to be copied.

You may also want to check the SD Associations SD Memory Card Formatter which has saved me on a couple of occasions from cards that were faulty or counterfeit.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:55 AM   #59
mu88

That did the trick, David! After formatting the original SD card with SD Memory Card Formatter and writing my original image with Flash Drive Image Writer, I can now use the Kobo again

When using your image, the Kobo got stuck in Charge your eReader

Thx again for your help!
Old 05-25-2023, 08:32 PM   #60
Nanda23
Nanda23 began at the beginning.

Device: KObo NIa
@Dnsb Can I ask for the Image of the Nia mine also has the same white screen please and thank you
Closed Thread

Tags
nia