Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-19-2015, 05:16 PM   #46
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I will differ.

If you do a bulk update in Calibre, you can end up with a large quantity of affected books.
Looking at those by letter subset might be desirable
I am willing to listen to how one might take a list of books *sorted in date order* and generate a first letter list. From what I see you will end up with Z, A, Q, B, A, Z, X, ..., assuming you preserve the order of the list. If you do not preserve the order then how does one determine the newest book?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #47
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I am willing to listen to how one might take a list of books *sorted in date order* and generate a first letter list. From what I see you will end up with Z, A, Q, B, A, Z, X, ..., assuming you preserve the order of the list. If you do not preserve the order then how does one determine the newest book?

Grouped by date (descending), then by the other order (ascending)
a secondary sort

All of Mondays edits, by Author
All of Sundays edits, by Author
All of Saturdays edits, by Author
#edited being my edits timestamp field
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2015, 01:02 AM   #48
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Date sorting should and does take into account the time of day, not just day of week/year. Do you usually edit multiple books in the same instant?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:24 PM   #49
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Date sorting should and does take into account the time of day, not just day of week/year. Do you usually edit multiple books in the same instant?
Not if I can help it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #50
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Any word on when this will make it to those of us in the Amazon AppStore?
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2015, 12:29 PM   #51
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Any word on when this will make it to those of us in the Amazon AppStore?
To quote our FAQ:
Quote:
When will CC with cloud support be released on Amazon?
Quote:
We are waiting for Amazon to approve CC's Amazon Cloud Drive support. Amazon told us that this could be a multi-week process. Further, we don't know what the approval criteria are so we can't be sure that CC will pass. We hope it is finished by the end of August.
We submitted CC for review on 13/7. On 17/7 Amazon responded saying "We have added your app to the App Review queue. This process may take several weeks depending on the complexity of your integration and the number of apps ahead of you."
Old 08-02-2015, 01:27 AM   #52
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Thanks, Chaley. I looked in the FAQ but couldn't spot it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:01 AM   #53
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No problem at all. I really should find a way to reorganize the FAQ, as it is now large enough that it is hard to find things.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #54
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Just to let you know.
Updated my Samsung Galay Note 10.1 to a CyanogenMod based ROM - Lollipop 5.1.1 and CC is running without problems.

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 08-02-2015 at 10:15 PM.
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:15 PM   #55
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Well i was celebrating to early.
Accessing Dropbox Cloud with CC works fine, but CC crashes in the middle of the download process of the metadata.
My Books are stored on an ext. SD-Card, read/write access to SD-Card is given by the OS. Seams CC can not write the metadata file onto the ext. SD-Card. There is no problem to access and browse the books on the ext. SD-Card with CC itself.

Now the big thing
For some reason the write and read access to the external SD-Card gets revoked/lost for the whole system or other apps after the crash of CC.
I have to reboot to gain access again.
I sent you crash reports via CC.
Strange!

Just made a test exporting files from the Dropbox application to the ext. SD-Card. No problem at all.

Running:
Samsung Galay Note 10.1 with BlissPOP ROM (CyanogenMod 12.1 based ROM) - Lollipop 5.1.1 - rooted.

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 08-02-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:15 AM   #56
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

@Thomas_AR: a CC debug log would probably be helpful.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:45 AM   #57
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

@Thomas_AR: I looked at the crash report. It is clear that the Android (CyanogenMod) is not obeying Android/Java specifications. In particular, it seems to return null instead of an empty array for an existing directory that has no children. I have changed CC to work around the problem.

You can work around it by using a file manager to delete CC's cloud cache. It is in the directory ".cloud" inside CC's default folder for storing books. There will be one or more subdirectories inside .cloud. Delete them all, including the .cloud itself. If the folder isn't there then CC will not (or should not) stumble over the incompatibility.

I don't know if in your setup the .cloud directory will be on the SD card or main memory.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:32 PM   #58
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Well I followed your suggestion and deleted the whole ". Cloud" folder. The folder is on the ext. SD card/ebooks/.cloud
Connected, CC downloads the metadata file completely and then crashes, then again read/write rights for the ext. SD card is gone for the whole system.
Will wait for your update or if there is no other way move the ebook folder to the internal SD card.
Thanks
Sent you a new crash report via CC.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #59
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_AR View Post
Well I followed your suggestion and deleted the whole ". Cloud" folder. The folder is on the ext. SD card/ebooks/.cloud
Connected, CC downloads the metadata file completely and then crashes, then again read/write rights for the ext. SD card is gone for the whole system.
Will wait for your update or if there is no other way move the ebook folder to the internal SD card.
Thanks
Having all rights disappear is very strange. No user-mode program like CC should be able to hose the system so thoroughly. I will make a release tonight, but I am not confident that it will fix the problem because I don't understand what is causing it. But who knows?

There is another work-around that will put the cloud cache in main memory but leave the books on the SD card. In CC's Settings/Formats and folders, change the directory for all the extensions you use (epub, etc) to be the same as the default (on the SD card). After you have changed all the extensions, change the default folder to somewhere on main memory. That will move the cache and the debug logs to main memory but will leave your books on the SD card.
Quote:
Sent you a new crash report via CC.
I haven't received it.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #60
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
After 3 weeks of no feedback at all we decided to stop waiting for Amazon to approve CC's Amazon Cloud Drive integration. Tomorrow we will release CC without Cloud Drive support, but with all the others (Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, and local libraries). Unless Amazon objects (and we really don't know whether they will or won't), the Amazon CC update should be offered to you in the next few days.