Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #46
mrwrite
Enthusiast
mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
NOOK.com has free comics. Be aware, that many are starters. The first one or two (as many as the first six) are free and the plan is for readers to start buying the next issue to continue reading the story. Some are listed as Issue ZERO.

Best results, type in COMIC BOOKS into the search and press return. Then click on Nook books (on the drop down window). Then choose Price - Low to High on the sort.

The choices very every month. Typically you fine a few like, " Interesting Facts about Water by the Ontario Ministry of Environment and Energy" as well as starters.

The files usually CANNOT be read by Nook for PC. I get the error, "This file is not available for download for this application." It reads just fine for the Nook and has the option of comic mode or zoom mode. Although the format description says "ebook" I do not know if they can be read by other e-readers.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #47
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
New sale from Dynamite on Jennifer Blood, ends 8/11/14.
https://www.comixology.com/Jennifer-...fer_Blood_Sale

And from Image, also until 8/11/14, all of the various books by the Luna Brothers. I've only read Girls, bUt it was great.
https://www.comixology.com/The-Luna-..._Brothers_Sale
Advert
Old 08-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #48
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From Avatar, ending 8/17/14, a $14.99 bundle of the first 15 issues of God is Dead.
https://www.comixology.com/God-Is-De...d_is_Dead_Sale

Today only from Marvel, a Dark Avengers sale.
https://www.comixology.com/Dark-Aven..._Avengers_Sale
Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #49
TrevorViking
Wizard

A weeklong Batman Arkham sale started last night, 93 different books, mainly the digital first ones.
https://www.comixology.com/Batman-Ar...an_Arkham_Sale

From IDW, a Judge Dredd sale ends 8/18/14; 5 collections and 31 singles.
https://www.comixology.com/Judge-Dre...dge_Dredd_Sale

A new freebie from DC, the excerpted (?) essential version of issue 1 of The Dark Knight Returns.
https://www.comixology.com/DC-Comics...l-comic/127030

Last edited by TrevorViking; 08-12-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #50
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Free today at comiXology.com:

Debaser Digital: Geek

"For all manga Debaser readers, here is an extra digital episodes to get to know your heros better!"
Advert
Old 08-14-2014, 01:51 PM   #51
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
I was hesitant to purchase the Humble Boom! Bundle, as I don't know much about comics and didn't know any of the series. But I am so glad I took the plunge. So far I've only read Six-Gun Gorilla, but it was awesome, well worth the price of the bundle on its own.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #52
TrevorViking
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
I was hesitant to purchase the Humble Boom! Bundle, as I don't know much about comics and didn't know any of the series. But I am so glad I took the plunge. So far I've only read Six-Gun Gorilla, but it was awesome, well worth the price of the bundle on its own.
Yep, that's pretty much what I've decided on all game and book bundles. If even one book/game ends up being worthwhile, then it's worth the couple/few bucks the bundles usually cost. And even if not, I usually click the charity option as I pay so at least there's that.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #53
TrevorViking
Wizard

As always, the below is simply cut and pasted to all my comic sites, so no disrespect intended to those of you who have already posted some of the below.

World War Hulk sale until 8/17/14.
https://www.comixology.com/World-War..._War_Hulk_Sale
They have a bundle option of all 46 issues, although 10 of them have been free previously, so this bundle may not be your cheapest option.
https://www.comixology.com/World-War-Hulk/bundle/782

Fatale sale until 8/17/14; all 24 issues individually, in 4 collections, or in a bundle; issue 1 was/is free.
https://www.comixology.com/Fatale-Sa...ge_Fatale_Sale
Here's the bundle link:
https://www.comixology.com/Fatale/bundle/781

That Humble Bundle of Boom has added a bunch of comics, it's over 100 issues now.

One new freebie at Dark Horse this week, a couple new ones lately at Comixology; so check those sections if you're interested.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:07 PM   #54
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
The Humble Bundle Android app has been updated. You can now download books and music directly from the app. Previously, you could only download games.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #55
TrevorViking
Wizard

Big omnibus sale at Dark Horse.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #56
TrevorViking
Wizard

So I read a few of the free #1s from the sales ending today and tomorrow; and unfortunately I liked them all.

The World War Hulk stuff wasn't great, but I owned enough of it and used to collect the book, so I took the plunge.

Fatale #1 intrigued me enough to buy the bundle; although I was expecting a bit more from the rave reviews.

And Judge Dredd has always interested me, with this IDW series maybe being a good 'starting' point. I haven't bought it yet, anyone here read the series?
Old 08-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #57
TrevorViking
Wizard

Today's Marvel Monday is called Marvels Project Sale and includes:
The Marvels Project 1-8
The Twelve 1-12
Marvel 1985 1-6

All three appear to be the sort of re-imaginings I typically enjoy; overused as they are.

https://www.comixology.com/Marvels-P...Sale/page/3121
Old 08-19-2014, 08:48 AM   #58
TrevorViking
Wizard

The new weeklong DC sale is Multiversity and includes:
all fifty-two issues of 52, issue #1 is free.
all twelve issues of Crisis on Infinite Earth, issue #1 is free.
all seven issues of Infinite Crisis, issue #1 is free.
all seven issues of Final Crisis plus the two issues of Final Crisis: Superman Beyond.
all five issues of Zero Hour: Crisis in Time.
twenty-one various issues involving alternate universes.

https://www.comixology.com/Multivers...tiversity_Sale

A second great sale, also ending 8/25/14, called IDW All-Stars - Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez, includes:
a 63 item bundle for $54.99
12 collections for $1.99 to $8.99
41 issues of Locke & Key
9 issues of The Cape
Thumbprint 1-3
The Wraith: Welcome to Christmasland 1-7
Road Rage 1-4
CSI: Bad Rap 1-5

https://www.comixology.com/Joe-Hill-...e_and_Key_Sale

Pretty sure I'll end up buying everything in both sales here.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #59
TrevorViking
Wizard

Dark Horse has changed the way they do their freebies. They just sort of show up as in your library, you don't have to 'purchase' them anymore. This probably means that they won't be in your account if they ever raise the price or remove them. A new freebie today:
https://digital.darkhorse.com/profil...thout-warning/

New sale on a big Sin City bundle. All seven collections and the art book for only $29.99; I couldn't resist so I think I'll sell my mostly unread trades.
https://digital.darkhorse.com/profil...-megabundle-1/

Dark Horse also has a flash bundle on their Strain books. 22 books for $9.99. Wish I had waited, picked up the first 21 for $.99 each over the last few sales.
https://digital.darkhorse.com/profil...-flash-bundle/

Valiant is now offering books as DMR-free downloads at Drive Thru Comics.
The first issue of a bunch of recent Valiant stuff are free.
http://comics.drivethrustuff.com/
Old 08-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #60
TrevorViking
Wizard

Latest batch of free Marvel issues:
Captain America (2011) #1
Captain America and the Falcon #1
Wolverine: Weapon X #1
Wolverine #1
Closed Thread