Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #46
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
You are correct credit card companies have strict rules about fraud. However, in this case the credit card company (at least in the USA) will most likely rule in PayPals favor. As far as the credit card company is concerned it was an authorized and legitimate charge to the user's account by PayPal. PayPal did not commit fraud and was authorized by the client to make the charge to their account. The credit card providers responsibility stops at PayPal and does not extend further.
This is 100% wrong.

I know this from personal experience. I didn't even buy an item, but a service via Paypal that was not as advertised. I disputed it with my credit card company and was refunded 100% for about $400-500.

I didn't even try disputing with Paypal because I knew their "buyer protection" is a joke.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:43 AM   #47
jee
Enthusiast
jee began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
I would say this Eraser-guy from the first post is a native English speaker. It would be nice if the moderators checked his IP address (although it's probably fake). Besides that, his email addresses show up only on English speaking forums, which is a bit strange for a German, and only when he's selling or buying something
His email password, as found on the Internet, was extremely easy to guess (matrix), I guess there are small chances that someone with a Paypal account would choose such a simple password..

However, he might be using a German address for his activities.

He also uses another email address erazor75@web.de apparently for fraudulent activities, but only when he orders something (so, the address he uses then may be accurate).

Also, there is an Ebayer, Erazor 75, but he is from the United Kingdom. However, he has a positive feedback, ao I guess it wasn't him.
jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 03:33 AM   #48
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, we do.
That sounds almost sinister.

Cue dramatic music: *dum-da-dum-da-da-daaaaaaaaa*
afa is offline   Reply With Quote