Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #46
Superphil
Enthusiast
Superphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than momSuperphil loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo original.
I still have the original Kobo, going strong for more than three years!
Superphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:46 AM   #47
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Kindle Paperwhite 2 mostly. Aura hd when a book isn't from Amazon. (Mills & Boon.)
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 02:32 AM   #48
Jack Torrance
“Here’s Johnny
Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG - 9.7 iPad - iPhone 12PM - Macbook Pro
My Kindle DX for novels.
My iPad2 or iPhone5 almost interchangeably for just about everything else.
Jack Torrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:41 AM   #49
Vic333
Connoisseur
Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle PW1
Vic333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:42 AM   #50
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Mostly kindle paperwhite 2 (2013); occasionally basic kindle (2012) since it is easier on my eyes and kindle fire HDX 8.9".

I used the HDX while on exercise bike last evening, since I was using a radio app to listen to music (sometimes use the music app for that).
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #51
Meka1069
Meka1069 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meka1069 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meka1069 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meka1069 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meka1069 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meka1069 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meka1069 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meka1069 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meka1069 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meka1069 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meka1069 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Psperwhite 1
Kindle PW1
Meka1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #52
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The Kobo Aura HD, of course.

Are there any other ebook readers out there?!!?? *

*= For any member who may be 'confused,' this is called a 'joke.'
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #53
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
My Samsung Note 2 gets used the most, but I still have my Sony T-1 it just doesn't get much use any more.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #54
MarkXS
MarkXS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo: AuraHD.Arc,WiFi; Kindle: kbd3G; Android Apps: Aldiko/Kobo/Kindle
Kobo Aura HD is my primary reader. That of course means that most of my books are from the Kobo ecosystem or compatible EPUBs. I like the slightly larger screensize and very good front-lighting (really side-lighting) of the Aura HD and the very crisp text with many font choices.

My Kobo Arc tablet is my secondary reader and my primary "Kindle" for my Amazon collection, via the Kindle Android app.
MarkXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #55
peterwardgd
Addict
peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura
Kobo Aura, perfect really for me size wise, kobo codes via mobileread, and lots of customization to play with of your into that. Flat screen as well so no crumb issues!

I was desperate once so actually read a Haruki Murakami novel on my iphones 4s, miserable experience. Bought a playbook for general use and realised i spent most of my time on it reading so sold it and bought an Aura. v happy.
peterwardgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #56
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
When indoors I use the Nook hd+. Love the screen! Outside its always the Nook Simple Touch.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #57
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Mostly my pw2, but with phone screens increasing a lot I don't mind using the apps from time to time either.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #58
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
My Astak Pocket Pro(PEz) : 80%, K4-NT 19%, Moon+ Pro on a Galaxy Tab2 7" 1% (best of all color, images)
Reasons for percentages
Control location: easy 1 right) handed reading with page turn jog wheel on PEz
vs Weight and short battery time of the TAB2 and having to 'swipe' page turns
(I mostly read in a comfortable bed)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #59
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I'm still using my Mighty Mouse, the Pocketbook 360. It's a few years old, but still works fine and I like the size.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #60
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
I'm still using my Mighty Mouse, the Pocketbook 360. It's a few years old, but still works fine and I like the size.
Surprisingly, my Kobo Aura6" in its slimfit case is roughly the same size as my PB360 5" in its clamshell. If I put the PB360 into its official leather pouch, the Kobo package is actually smaller in every dimension.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-book reader