Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #46
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
Longbourn by Jo Baker 0.99 on Amazon UK
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #47
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Back when you guys talked about Elite I added it to my wishlist. Now it looks like there is sequel. Can someone tell me does first book have clifhanger or I can read it independently?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #48
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I found out about the 90 per cent off code this morning. And by the time I got home from work, it had expired. Or it doesn't work with the old check out. So I'm a bit sad. I had looked forward to a shopping spree. sigh. But I broke through my reading slump last week. ( I'd been in a reading slump since Nov!) So I've been reading a lot. since I had last week off .
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
Back when you guys talked about Elite I added it to my wishlist. Now it looks like there is sequel. Can someone tell me does first book have clifhanger or I can read it independently?
Yes cliffhanger for the first two books as this is a huge trend now when it comes to series. I'm getting use to it my only problem is when a book suddenly stops with no explanation.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post

Back on the subject of romance books...I have been getting into the Harlequin romances and quite enjoy them. I really must read the In Death series as well, but there's so many of them. I did get Nora Robers' Dark Witch, though, the first in her latest trilogy. Have not read her books in a few years though, so we'll see how I like it.
The best HQs are Silhouette Intimate Moments line. They are my favorite this line is now known as Romantic Suspense imprint but that line has become nothing but long drawn out series but before it morphed into that the books on that imprint were really awesome. Some good quality stuff. I haven't read much of Nora Roberts at all. I read the first books that are former HQs from the Night series and the first three In Death books and that's it.
Advert
Old 03-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #51
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes cliffhanger for the first two books as this is a huge trend now when it comes to series. I'm getting use to it my only problem is when a book suddenly stops with no explanation.
Ouch! I'm glad I asked before buying. I think I'll wait until it's done.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #52
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I found out about the 90 per cent off code this morning. And by the time I got home from work, it had expired. Or it doesn't work with the old check out. So I'm a bit sad. I had looked forward to a shopping spree. sigh. But I broke through my reading slump last week. ( I'd been in a reading slump since Nov!) So I've been reading a lot. since I had last week off .
Bummer. But the code only worked with new checkout.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #53
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
The best HQs are Silhouette Intimate Moments line. They are my favorite this line is now known as Romantic Suspense imprint but that line has become nothing but long drawn out series but before it morphed into that the books on that imprint were really awesome. Some good quality stuff. I haven't read much of Nora Roberts at all. I read the first books that are former HQs from the Night series and the first three In Death books and that's it.
I've been liking Harlequin Intrigue books, or specifically, B.J. Daniels, but they're more mystery than romance. I've also read some Brenda Jackson(Harlequin Blaze) which is definitely more on the romance side. I will definitely be reading more from Harlequin. They are cheap and couponable at Kobo.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #54
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
I've been liking Harlequin Intrigue books, or specifically, B.J. Daniels, but they're more mystery than romance. I've also read some Brenda Jackson(Harlequin Blaze) which is definitely more on the romance side. I will definitely be reading more from Harlequin. They are cheap and couponable at Kobo.
I like Julie Miller in the Intrigue line. But agree with Blossom, the old Silhouette Moments line was the best. It had such a great mixture of sub-genres in its heydey (the late 80s through late 90's). I miss it.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #55
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
If you like HQIs then Julie Miller and Debra Webb are two of the best! I also like Joanna Wayne.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #56
blueinfj
Enthusiast
blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
If you like straight romance, I can't recommend Sarah Mayberry enough. She used to write Blazes and switched to the SuperRomance line a couple of years ago. I loved "Suddenly You" and also "Her Favorite Rival" and I devoured her latest release "Her Kind of Trouble" over the weekend (release date 1 April, but early release at eHarlequin)

https://www.goodreads.com/search?utf...sarah+mayberry
blueinfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #57
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Bummer. But the code only worked with new checkout.
I hope this isn't a new trend.. But I shouldn't complain. Thanks to a giftcard I saved from Christmas I'll be paying 1 dollar for Night Broken in Hardcover when my local store get it.

I'm also considering getting the new Anne Bishop novel, but I'm a bit burned by publishers habit of discounting books close to the release...

So I might wait. While 12.99 ( at Omnilit) is a lot cheaper than the 30 dollar bookstore want for the hardcover ( and Kobo for the e-book!), it is still a lot of money.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #58
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Thanks everyone for the Harlequin recommendations. I will put them on my wishlist!
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #59
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Well, I bought all 8 Rock Chick books, plus 5 others, for a grand total of $7.26. Not bad, I guess. At least my husband doesn't know, since I used my paypal account that I put money in from Swagbucks, Ibotta and an opinion poll site. It wouldn't be the amount of money, but the number of books. LOL (It's a mixed marriage. He hates to read and doesn't understand why I like it. )
Quote:
Yeah mine is the same. After I found Swagbucks that stop him from saying anymore. I buy my books with my own money now. Now he complains about Swagbucks. lol I'm not pulling in as much time as I did for Christmas but I make more then he ever gave me for books. So I can buy what I want now and he can't say anything.
I'm, unfortunately, in one of those mixed marriages, too! Bless his heart, he tried early on in our relationship to read a sci fi book he'd picked out so we could share a hobby, but he is legally blind in one eye and stares at a computer screen all day... He's so eye-weary by the end of a work day! That was before I had e-readers, but he'd rather watch/listen to a sci fi show now than read a story. I've picked up a few Baen bundles and some official Star Trek books that I'm going to try to get him to look at on his ipad.

I picked up a few recent Harlequin Historical bundles with that 90% off code! I still had (and have!) some $$ on a Kobo card from Swagbucks so I am quite pleased with myself. :P

The 75% of code didn't work when I tried it just now-- was it an older code that I might have used before? Drat. Wish I'd just plowed on and picked up the last few bundles. I didn't think I'd read the books in the second monthly bundle, so I hesitated. I still have lots of new reading material though so, yay!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #60
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Oh! Blossom, we chatted waaaay back in early February about making historical vs mistorical book lists... I haven't forgotten, just been busy!

My hard drive decided to die last week, so I had a crazy few days of backing things up and hunting down the older version of ADE (refuse to use the new one!) and B&N's Nook PC app to install. I've decided to set Calibre up to function better than before because I wasn't making use of some of the special features, and am ready to bang my head against my keyboard with some of it. I got the de-DRM tools working, though, so the important things are at least functioning.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote