Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #571
spliton210
spliton210 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2
Thanks Kovid

Guess I'm stuck then. Bit strange that there is a Qt5.6 package for 17.04 which I installed and got the same problem (libqwt-qt5-6)

Likely the problem goes a bit deeper than my Linux knowledge does...

:-)
spliton210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:38 AM   #572
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah, a few people have reported this error on various linux distros, unfortunately there is no easy way to find out what the root cause is. Other people have no problems on the same distro, so it is some setting in the X server somewhere, but...
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2017, 12:12 PM   #573
spliton210
spliton210 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2
In case it helps in future debug... I am running:

Ubuntu 17.04 which has been upgraded from 16.10 and previously 16.04
Intel Ivybridge Desktop - Graphics
Intel® Core™ i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz × 4
8Gb RAM

lets hope some Linux Guru finds the common denominator

Cheers
spliton210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:57 PM   #574
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I am not sure what anomaly you are referring to. If you mean "the tooltip doesn't show changed shortcuts", that is fixed. I submitted a patch but Kovid came up with a much better way to do it. Note that when using the Layout Button, the sub-buttons do not show a tooltip, which isn't changing. A tooltip is displayed when using the individual buttons.
Thanks chaley - I've decided I won't move to V3 any time soon.

The effort required to migrate my Evernote and Onenote 'server gateways' is too much effort. For me at least, the new server offers no functional or performance gains, and the optimised-for-touch user interface is not my cup-of-tea.

Whilst I have been able to run the V3 GUI alongside multiple V2 server tasks concurrently, I am not prepared to take the risk; something is bound to leap out of bushes and bite me on the bum.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:37 AM   #575
tempura
Connoisseur
tempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spliton210 View Post
Thanks Kovid

Guess I'm stuck then. Bit strange that there is a Qt5.6 package for 17.04 which I installed and got the same problem (libqwt-qt5-6)

Likely the problem goes a bit deeper than my Linux knowledge does...

:-)
That's weird, I have Qt 5.7.1 from the Official Package repos, on XUbuntu 17.04. Calibre 3.0 works fine on my side. Could be because of XUbuntu, but I doubt it since, qt package should be the same across all variants.

Well, I checked up just in case, and here on the Ubuntu Packages website, it shows up as 5.7.1: https://packages.ubuntu.com/zesty/libs/libqt5core5a
tempura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #576
NJTECHGUY
NJTECHGUY began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab S
For some reason for me mine is taking a long time to load on Mac and is freezing and not working when editing Metadata the issue just began and its driving me bonkers.
NJTECHGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #577
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Kovid,
Only a minor thing that attracted my attention. I just checked the calibre server log files.

When there are long time consuming jobs running, you can't access the logs because of access via GUI --> preferences. I can access them via file, but it maybe makes sense to have access within the GUI (e.g. via connect/share?) at any time.

You moved the log files to appdata/local/calibre-cache. The old logs still stay at appdata/roaming/calibre. Maybe it's a good idea to make a note for this in the manual so that people know about this.

The server-log.txt do not have a time stamp for log entries. Is it possible to add it like you have it for server-access-log.txt?

Log management. The log files increase fast, especial the access log. (I only think about) It is maybe not bad having a possibility to display the actual log file sizes and a file delete/backup action within preferences (perhaps as a zipped file?).
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:59 AM   #578
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
I moved the posts about restart not working on windows to here ==>> Windows - V3.0.0 Restart not working

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #579
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@NJTechGuy: Check in console.app if there is anything useful being output.

@DivingDuck: The log files are auto-rotated if you look in the advanced server options, you can see an option for max log size. And the enxt release will show the location of the log files at the bottom of the view logs dialog, so anyone can easily check them at any time.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:32 AM   #580
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Kovid,
Ups. I completely oversight this setting in my language.
Guess, I better to go back to english

One other thing. I just downloaded the actual source. When I start calibre from source, I get a error for starting the server

Spoiler:
Code:
calibre, version 3.0.0
ERROR: Failed to start Content server: Could not start the Content server. Error:

Failed to write to file: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\resources\rapydscript\lib/gettext.pyj-cached with error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files\\Calibre2\\app\\resources\\rapydscript\\lib\\_gettext.pyj-cached'

Shouldn't this redirected to CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM?
Old 06-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #581
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It is, for me. Are you sure you are running from updated source?
Old 06-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #582
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I'm not sure whether this is the correct thread for this question...

I'm not really a Content Server user but I've been trying it out because I wanted to know more about it particularly the read-the-book part.

I use Chrome on both Win10 PC and Android phone. When I read an epub on the PC the main body text displays as serif. However, if I use my Android phone to read the same book the body text is displayed as sans-serif. Is there some way to configure this? I couldn't see anything obvious in Android Chrome.

This particular epub does not contain any CSS font-family statements.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #583
Divingduck
Wizard

A half hour ago...
Spoiler:
Yes. I didn't change my general settings. It happen only if I run calibre with set CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM. I download via GitEye and I saw bottom line calibre 3.0*.

A quarter hour ago...

Hm... Never mind, a miracle. I just run Giteye once more (but no additional update since 16:17:10), start calibre and the server it is running now. Maybe it's too hot here and I need to make a break ...
Are you healing from distance? Thanks a lot

Now...
... I can't believe. I start and stop calibre 10 times and now it is running in normal and source mode...
Kovid is a healer.

So, please delete my last posting from your watching list.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #584
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@jackie: If the book in question does not specify a font then it will fallback to whatever the default font is in your browser settings, you can configure it there. At some point I will add more settings to the browser reader, including the ability to specify a custom stylesheet, similar to what we have in the main calibre ebook viewer.

@DD: Glad to hear it.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:59 PM   #585
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@jackie: If the book in question does not specify a font then it will fallback to whatever the default font is in your browser settings, you can configure it there.
But that's the problem, I can't see anywhere in Android Chrome Settings to do any font config. Am I missing something obvious? It wouldn't be the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
At some point I will add more settings to the browser reader, including the ability to specify a custom stylesheet, similar to what we have in the main calibre ebook viewer.
That's good. I'm in no rush.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote