Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #556
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Robert...

Any new word on the much-anticipated hands-on video? I am getting ANTSY!!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #557
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Use Antoff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Robert...

Any new word on the much-anticipated hands-on video? I am getting ANTSY!!
Dear Griffonwing:

Use Antoff to get rid of the ants. They have fire ants in Arkansas, don't they?

Yes, the video is shot and Iris is editing now. I hope to get it up Thursday. It will be about 5 minutes and the video was done in our conference room. It is not professional; but it does show the page turns, all the colors, all the sides, font increases, verticle/horizontal display, what it can do showing a picture in 8 level grey scale, the case and how the Pocket PRO is locked in and will not fall out, and a lot more.

IF we get good feedback we will try to go more in-depth next time on TTS and other benefits.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #558
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great news about the video! I can't wait to watch.

As for Antoff.. no good. Antoff is the bane of my existence. When ladies see me coming, they spray themselves with it and I can't get near them. I call to them from 30 feet away and they laugh derisively at me. I am shunned.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #559
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ladies Shun Griffonwing?

Quote:

As for Antoff.. no good. Antoff is the bane of my existence. When ladies see me coming, they spray themselves with it and I can't get near them. I call to them from 30 feet away and they laugh derisively at me. I am shunned.
No, I cannot belive that! You have a flare for living, a fabulous sense of humor, great intellect, and Southern charm. Nope... you would be a lady killer!! I think you do quite well!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #560
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
No, I cannot belive that! You have a flare for living, a fabulous sense of humor, great intellect, and Southern charm. Nope... you would be a lady killer!! I think you do quite well!
I would be if I could get close enough to backstab them....
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #561
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:

That´s better than being SHUMMED!
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #562
Robertb

Better than being chummed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
That´s better than being SHUMMED!
Imagine having chum (ground up fish and blood) being thrown at you!! Far better to be shunned!

Besides, women throw chum at you and you have to deal with the land sharks!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #563
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Will try today, Aussie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rling
Here in Australia. Would appreciate it if you could advise me. Would not mind a second unit for myself, if the postage could be reduced.

Quote:
Let me see what can be done!! Will get back to you!
Any news yet re shipping cost for more than 1 unit. Have place order for one already, and desperately wishing to add to the order, but for the cost of shipping (US$40 for one, and US$80 for two!).
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #564
Robertb

Shipping to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rling View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rling
Here in Australia. Would appreciate it if you could advise me. Would not mind a second unit for myself, if the postage could be reduced.

Any news yet re shipping cost for more than 1 unit. Have place order for one already, and desperately wishing to add to the order, but for the cost of shipping (US$40 for one, and US$80 for two!).
Dear rling:

Yes, Michael just got back to me.

There is a cheap method but we cannot use it. It provides no tracking info and we have to have that for insurance purposes.

If we put two Pocket PRO into one box the cost including insurance is $72.

I am sorry. I cannot get it cheaper than $72! AND... we are selling at $199 and have no margin so I cannot take money off the cost either.

I want your daughter to get her Fuscia Pink but I cannot do much more!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #565
developerzero
developerzero is on a distinguished road

Device: none (sadly)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
This one was answered up front. The Pocket Pro will only be available from Astak's Web Site. The reason given was was to keep the cost down.
I've been searching , and I can find any mention that the Pocket Pro would only ever be available online. Maybe you could point out where he said that?
developerzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #566
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Can the default fonts for the EZ Reader Pro be changed ? i.e. is it possible for the user to upload their own fonts into the device if they wish ?
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:44 AM   #567
rling
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
According to Robert, they are scheduled to be shipped on 31 August, which is stilla few days away. Then there will be shipping time.

Personally I think he should ship to those of us in the East first because of longer shipping time.
If that was the case, then I should get mine way before anyone else in Continental US...
Old 08-27-2009, 02:47 AM   #568
rling
Connoisseur

Quote:
If we put two Pocket PRO into one box the cost including insurance is $72.
That's the price I have to pay for living overseas. Will take the discount. What do I need to do to place the order for a pink unit?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:48 AM   #569
rling
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana View Post
Can the default fonts for the EZ Reader Pro be changed ? i.e. is it possible for the user to upload their own fonts into the device if they wish ?
As the FAQ states, create a fonts folder named 'fonts', and add any Truetype font you want.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #570
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by rling View Post
If that was the case, then I should get mine way before anyone else in Continental US...
But asutralia is west from California.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote