Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Is chicken soup an abomination?
Yes 5 15.63%
Yes 8 25.00%
The blue one next to the fish 19 59.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #556
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Is this your REAL identity?

SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #557
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CHICKEN MAINIA is over, for now. I'm going to get medical help.
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #558
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
thank goodness!!!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #559
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
CHICKEN MAINIA is over, for now. I'm going to get medical help.
It will never be over! When you come back from chicken rehab - I'll still be here! April too! You're doomed! Doomed I say! Muahahahahahahahaha!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #560
SameOldStory
My True Self

Dear Mr J Strand

I'm writing you regarding theft of intellectual property by a mean little - yellow - chicken!

In your short story "A BIT OF HALLOWEEN MAYHEM" you came up with a cleaver, and very funny, evil laugh - muahahahahaha. This wonderful bit of hilarity has now been usurped by said little - yellow - chicken. Without any compensation nor even a mention of your fine story.

By the way, those wonderful lines by Happy Roy >

“Mr. McGlade, I’m not having anyone killed. I’m Happy Roy. I don’t kill people. I promote world peace through deep fried poultry."

>are sure to win you a Nobel Prize for literature. Just wonderful. And VERY inspiring. Something to live by.

Your admirer, SameOldStory

PS - Should I catch that little - yellow - plagiarist I'll save some BBQ for you.

Last edited by SameOldStory; 10-03-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #561
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Dear Mr J Strand

I'm writing you regarding theft of intellectual property by a mean little - yellow - chicken!

In your short story "A BIT OF HALLOWEEN MAYHEM" you came up with a cleaver, and very funny, evil laugh - muahahahahaha. This wonderful bit of hilarity has now been usurped by said little - yellow - chicken. Without any compensation nor even a mention of your fine story.

By the way, those wonderful lines by Happy Roy >

“Mr. McGlade, I’m not having anyone killed. I’m Happy Roy. I don’t kill people. I promote world peace through deep fried poultry."

>are sure to win you a Nobel Prize for literature. Just wonderful. And VERY inspiring. Something to live by.

Your admirer, SameOldStory

PS - Should I catch that little - yellow - plagiarist I'll save some BBQ for you.
A nice piece of literary persiflage! Of course I paid my literary royalties! For this WONDERFUL expression of my concern for your mental health!
[what's left of it hehehehhehehehe - is that copyrighted too?]

Come back and post when they let you use something other than crayons!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
[patent pending]
Old 10-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #562
SameOldStory
My True Self

Dear Poohbear

They won’t let me have crayons yet. They say I might put somebody’s eye out. But you know me, I wouldn't do something bad like that. Right?

Anyway, they say if someone will take me into their home while I recuperate I can leave here.

If you want I could stay outside your door to protect you. Just look. Nobody is going to get past me!

Please, Poohbear. PLEASE. Call them, and ask them to take me to your house. I’ll even cook for you.

Your buddy,
SOS
Old 10-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #563
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Ummmm...attractive as the proposition is -- and I DO appreciate your having a "safety guard" on your axe -- I think I'll defer the honor until you reach crayon acceptability stage - then we work on the wall murals in Rabbit's house together. OK?

P.S. Rabbit says there are lots of carrots in his garden for your new vegan life style!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #564
SameOldStory
My True Self

"Safety guard"?

That's a phone thingy. I fixed it.

It was making noise.

If you let me stay in your house I can fix your phone thingy too.

You can have some ladies fingers if you want. They were stuck to the phone thingy after I fixed it.

They wanted the axe too, but it's mine!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #565
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Ummmm.... just keep working on that "chicken aversion" therapy - until you are awarded your first box of crayons. Then we'll set up a play date!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #566
SameOldStory
My True Self

You don't go "RRRIINGGG" "RRRIINGGG" "RRRIINGGG" "RRRIINGGG", do you, Poohbear?

And if I can't come over and play right now, do you want me to send you some of those ladies fingers? I mean, after all they don't taste like chicken.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #567
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
You don't go "RRRIINGGG" "RRRIINGGG" "RRRIINGGG" "RRRIINGGG", do you, Poohbear?

And if I can't come over and play right now, do you want me to send you some of those ladies fingers? I mean, after all they don't taste like chicken.
Oh no ... keep all fingers, ladies and other wise, right where you are! Please!

And no - unless you can hear the ringing in my ears - that's not me calling you!
Old 10-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #568
SameOldStory
My True Self

"unless you can hear the ringing in my ears - that's not me calling you!"

Hay! I can fix that. No problem.

In fact, I bet that after I fix it, you'll have no problems at all.

And let me tell you! This is one great axe!

It even unlocked the stupid locked doors that they used to have where I was staying.

Poohbear. As a friend. Can I axe you something? Why are women so unfriendly?

I met this girl. And before I could even start talking, she got all upset and started screaming. Then she just shut up, laid down, and went to sleep.

I think she's crazy. Or maybe she had ringing in her ears. What do you think?

Oh. And she didn't want to let go of the axe. She would just shake her head no.

I'm a good guy though and let her keep it. I'll get another. They're fun.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #569
poohbear_nc
Now what?

I hear that April Hare is cooking a big dinner for you - to celebrate your escape release back into the defenseless public. Be sure to tell her you're bringing your own utensils!

Be sure to head right over there - don't want your food to get cold do you?

[I'll have to take a rain check for that dinner - which will leave so much more for you!]
Old 10-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #570
SameOldStory
My True Self

"I'll have to take a rain check for that dinner - which will leave so much more for you!"

No problem, Poohbear. I can come visit you latter.

Wouldn't it be fun to sneak into your house in the middle of the night and go BOO.

Do I hear a phone thingy ringing again?