Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-12-2020, 08:52 PM   #556
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
OK, I really like mapleread but I am having one issue that is hurting the experience. Does anyone have an issue with highlighting it’s just very quirky to highlight and I never get the right text. It also seems very sensitive.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:36 AM   #557
BlankEyes
Enthusiast
BlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPad 2018
I would like the ability to move the handles of selected text. Now, at least for me, the selection disappears when trying to move the handles.

Last edited by BlankEyes; 07-17-2020 at 03:56 AM. Reason: My ignorance, text selection is working - not moving handles.
BlankEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #558
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->L2->iOS/CBW
@sbaylor I would like to request a feature improvement - the current search bar in the library (not the book) searches title, author and series. Is it possible to also include the other metadata fields? I am particularly interested in the comments section where I put in book blurbs/summary and being able to search this field for certain books.

Thanks so much.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:22 AM   #559
BlankEyes
Enthusiast
BlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the rough

Do MapleRead support even look at this forum?

When mailing them it takes forever to get reply. Hopeless!

Last edited by BlankEyes; 07-27-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:55 PM   #560
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Send a PM to sbaylor who who said in the first post of this thread that he's a member of the development team.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2020, 09:26 AM   #561
BlankEyes
Enthusiast

Thanks for the heads up, JSWolf
Old 08-14-2020, 02:35 PM   #562
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Just got version 3.5 and it seems to have a new bug: Volkhov and Isidore fonts are now displayed in italics. These are both user fonts I uploaded to the app a long time ago. The built in fonts are OK - not in italics.

I am using Volkhov downloaded from https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Volkhov.

Other user fonts are OK, e.g, Charis SIL from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056.

So I guess it could be something with the font naming inside the font files, that 3.5 is not handling properly, so the app picks the Italic instead of Regular font.

Volkhov is normally my font of choice, so this is really annoying. How do I install the previous version of the app?

Last edited by ShellShock; 08-15-2020 at 04:45 AM.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:13 PM   #563
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
OK, I really like mapleread but I am having one issue that is hurting the experience. Does anyone have an issue with highlighting it’s just very quirky to highlight and I never get the right text. It also seems very sensitive.
According to What's New in MapleRead 3.5, EPUB text selection bugs should have been fixed. It works for me on my iPhone and iPads, both running iOS 13.6.

Last edited by cedhax; 08-14-2020 at 03:49 PM.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:39 PM   #564
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Can you have the app on more than one device on the same Apple ID? I'm assuming you can, I'd like to have it both on my mini and my pro.

Looking to get rid of Calibre Companion. This app seems much more full featured.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 05:48 AM   #565
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Can you have the app on more than one device on the same Apple ID? I'm assuming you can, I'd like to have it both on my mini and my pro.

Looking to get rid of Calibre Companion. This app seems much more full featured.
Yes you can, I have the app on three iPads a mini and pro's 9.7 and 12.7. And Mapleread CX on my iPhone. I can't remember if the CX was a distinct buy.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:34 AM   #566
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
Yes you can, I have the app on three iPads a mini and pro's 9.7 and 12.7. And Mapleread CX on my iPhone. I can't remember if the CX was a distinct buy.
Thanks...I'm trying to figure it out before buying it. The instructions sometimes seem confusing but this seems like a good project to get into. I'll probably get the bundle.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:09 AM   #567
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Is there any way of keeping the ipad header, with time of day and percent battery while reading in Mapleread? I know I can tap the screen to bring them up, but that is a hassle. This is the only thing keeping me from switching from Marvin.

I've looked through the multiple pages, but can't find the answer, although I'm sure it is probably there.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 06:56 PM   #568
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->L2->iOS/CBW
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Is there any way of keeping the ipad header, with time of day and percent battery while reading in Mapleread? I know I can tap the screen to bring them up, but that is a hassle. This is the only thing keeping me from switching from Marvin.

I've looked through the multiple pages, but can't find the answer, although I'm sure it is probably there.
No AFAIK, there is no way to keep the iOS header showing when reading other than to tap the page to see it.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:31 PM   #569
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
No AFAIK, there is no way to keep the iOS header showing when reading other than to tap the page to see it.
So, back to Marvin, although in all other ways I prefer Mapleread. Mapleread is updated now and again, so I'll keep checking.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 04:21 AM   #570
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Just got version 3.5 and it seems to have a new bug: Volkhov and Isidore fonts are now displayed in italics. These are both user fonts I uploaded to the app a long time ago. The built in fonts are OK - not in italics.

I am using Volkhov downloaded from https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Volkhov.

Other user fonts are OK, e.g, Charis SIL from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056.

So I guess it could be something with the font naming inside the font files, that 3.5 is not handling properly, so the app picks the Italic instead of Regular font.

Volkhov is normally my font of choice, so this is really annoying. How do I install the previous version of the app?
I reported this bug to the developers, and they have now fixed it in v3.5.1, which is available on the App Store.

Great work from the developers--a very quick turnaround.

You will probably need to re-install any affected user fonts to get them to work (not show always italics). See the FAQ for details on how to uninstall and install user fonts: https://www.maplepop.com/web/mr/help.php.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread