Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-16-2021, 02:16 AM   #5536
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I caved. Amazon sold all the ebooks in the James Bond series for under 90 cents each. I picked up the entire series for like $13
Quite understandable. Nifty bit of business there.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:24 AM   #5537
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I caved. Amazon sold all the ebooks in the James Bond series for under 90 cents each. I picked up the entire series for like $13
That is the kind of bargain for which we restrain ourselves at other times. I am still enjoying working through the 80 or so novels by Agatha Christie that I picked up at a similar bargain price (from Fictionwise) way back in 2010!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2021, 09:40 AM   #5538
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Quote:
How could you pass up a deal like that? I'd have gotten them all too if I'd seen it and I'm not even that big a fan.

I look at it differently than most probably. Free ebooks don't count because they are free and take up no literal space. <$2 (e)books, in moderation, are ok so long as no money needed for necessities is used and they are not bought on credit (card or otherwise). Playing one less round of golf per year pays for a few dozen (or more) (e)books. Reading is medicinally good for brain health. So very moderate (e)book spending is healthful like buying vitamins or supplements.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 11:12 AM   #5539
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Coupon deals are sinking me this month. I’d already bought four books, but got two $3 Google Play book credits and the $5 Kindle Echo deal and I’ll use all. At least the Google Play credits use my Google Play credit for the balance and that was going to start exploding big time next month anyway, so no cash outlay. The $5 Kindle deal is just too good to pass up.

No regrets; it’s just that not buying is easiest when it’s an established habit. This also means I’m digging quite the hole for myself in terms of reading everything I buy this year!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:28 PM   #5540
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I found some of my Kobo wishlist books on Overdrive so I'll be borrowing those. That way I can see if I find it worth the price.

Between upgrading Scrivener this month and wanting to get the Mass Effect remaster I've been trying to hold off on buying so many books.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-21-2021 at 08:31 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2021, 08:49 PM   #5541
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
That is the kind of bargain for which we restrain ourselves at other times. I am still enjoying working through the 80 or so novels by Agatha Christie that I picked up at a similar bargain price (from Fictionwise) way back in 2010!
I hope i get a chance to read it. my current stash will take me 30 years to read

I went back to amazon and the price is back up to $7.49 ea so i saved over $90 on that deal.

Last edited by HLS; 05-23-2021 at 09:48 PM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 01:55 AM   #5542
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I hope i get a chance to read it. my current stash will take me 30 years to read
You make me feel like a lightweight. My stash would only take me around five years to read, if I didn't buy any more!
Old 05-31-2021, 02:58 PM   #5543
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
You have me way beat too. I'd say I have 12 years of reading/listening to get through my unread/unlistened stash.

I'm still having problems limiting purchases. I realized that the $.99 and $1.99 offerings are getting pretty restricted, so less able to let those pass by. I'm doing well in some areas. Made no western purchases this year.

Last edited by Tarana; 05-31-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 04:42 PM   #5544
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

May has been my best month this year. Only two books bought, and 13 read.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:06 PM   #5545
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
May has been my best month this year. Only two books bought, and 13 read.
Excellent! You are doing good with resistance!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:53 PM   #5546
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I bought a book from my wishlist today for more than I'd usually pay for a lower priority book (£3.99). It's been this price before, and I missed it, and it has bugged me ever since, so I snapped it up as soon as it dropped again. I originally wishlisted it when it was hardback-price, which I was never going to pay, and then some time later it dropped to £3.99 and I assumed that was its regular paperback price. A short while later it went up to £5.99, where it had been ever since, until today.

This means it's almost certainly going to be a Daily Deal tomorrow.

(It's a non-fiction book, so I should get to it fairly soon, although I do have a temporary glut.)
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 04:26 AM   #5547
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
The next day: I've started it already, and it might overtake the other two main non-fiction books I'm reading. I think that counts as a reasonable purchase.

Also it wasn't a daily deal today.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:24 AM   #5548
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I just received a £25 Amazon voucher (A dental insurance rebate because of Covid closures). So I finally bought two books I've had my eye on for a while, at astonishingly high prices for me - £4.95 and £4.01!

They move to the top and next of my TBR pile. I'm not sure which way around just yet.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #5549
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've found quite a few of my wishlist books on Overdrive so I'm slowly whittling those down. I use Calibre to keep a record of them too so I have a sort of reading log.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:19 PM   #5550
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

As for other bad ebook habits, I've also been trying to catch up on my fanfics. I have a frustrating bad habit of updating them but then not actually reading the updates (because I'm reading other fanfics) until suddenly there's 20 new chapters that I need to catch up on.

So I've told myself I'm not going to start reading any new fanfics until I've caught up on all the ones I'm already reading.