Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #541
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Jacks View Post
Thanks, I had seen some posts throughout the read where people were talking about fixing it for PW. Hence my earlier question.

I tried downloading that zip but it won't let me. Is the file still up? Also is there any special installation for it? I saw you put up a lot of warnings on that post.

Also what is the fix for?

Thanks
Re-upped.
Attached Files
File Type: zip komic_v2.3_BETA.zip (3.97 MB, 188 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #542
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Thanks a lot Twobob!!
Anyway, that links seems to be working from my mobile!

The 2.3 is a beta release packed up to suit also the PW. It works fine but has some GUI glitches.
Please read the last two pages of this thread to know more.
The fix is just a javascript file to replace the original one. It is needed to fix the swipe/touch problem (which I hope is resolved now with the calibration option....)!
BTW, everything you need to know to make it work is already in this thread (in the last pages)!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #543
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm looking inside the mesquite folder...there is almost everything I need in Komic!
They made quite a nice API with everything needed to manage memory, screen refresh, titlebar, storage...
It seems Komic will loose some weight!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #544
silver18
THE NOOB

I just reworked the Remove Borders feature.
You can now start the process, choose the tolerance for the removal and see a preview.
The preview is the result of the process applied to a random image inside the comic you choosed.
If the preview is good-looking, you can then start the process.

Only downside is you can now choose only one comic at a time (the preview thing forced me to do this)!

Next: rework the deletion!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #545
silver18
THE NOOB

Deletion fixed!
Now all the komic internals take only 3 entry in localStorage (options, deletions, remove borders).
So, it's plenty of space for bookmarks!

I also renamed all the HTML and JS files, they are much more simple now!

Now it's time to approach the amazon API...I'm afraid it is going to be a nightmare (first time with API)!

Last edited by silver18; 08-24-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Advert
Old 08-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #546
silver18
THE NOOB

A small addition:
when status bar (or titlebar) is ON, you can tap on it to show the default searchbar.
This can be tweaked to change buttons and behaviour.
This way, I added a HOME button and two items in the stock menu.
It's just something small, but I don't like the old README pack I added to Komic, so I'm planning to move here everything I need.
This means:
- changelog
- help (maybe this could start a small guided tour inside Komic)
- credits
- about
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_08_24T21_39_34+0159.png
Views:	220
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	109960  
Old 08-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #547
CyKoDeLiC
CyKoDeLiC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi there, just a quick feedback for the KOMIC reader for PW. It is really hard to touch, to get to the next page. You have to tap very quick on the display for that. Maybe you could give it some more timespan, that it is easier to access the next page. Now I have to tap it, like I have to eliminate a fly on my screen.

Sorry, for my bad english

Except from that, everything works really great. Downloading with Domdomsoft Manga Downloader, put it in the galery folder and everything looks awesome.
CyKoDeLiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:16 AM   #548
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyKoDeLiC View Post
Hi there, just a quick feedback for the KOMIC reader for PW. It is really hard to touch, to get to the next page. You have to tap very quick on the display for that. Maybe you could give it some more timespan, that it is easier to access the next page. Now I have to tap it, like I have to eliminate a fly on my screen.

Sorry, for my bad english

Except from that, everything works really great. Downloading with Domdomsoft Manga Downloader, put it in the galery folder and everything looks awesome.
I'm aware of this problem, sorry for this!
You can try this workaround: download this and replace the corresponding file.

Anyway, I hope everything is solved now. The fix will be inside the next version of Komic (v2.3 stable).
It will be a calibration option: click.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #549
CyKoDeLiC

Wow, works great now! I am really exited for the stable version Thank you!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #550
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Wow, works great now! I am really exited for the stable version Thank you!
Don't hold your breath thou...but keep your fingers crossed!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #551
CyKoDeLiC

Hi there, I told a friend of mine about your great application, so he bought himself a Kindle 4. We've jailbkreaked it and installed dev certs and kindlet, than KUAL v.1. But as we try to install KOMIC, no matter which version, it doesn't show up in KUAL. There is only a entry which states: "Syntax komic/menu.json". But when I press it, there is only written: "more info in KUAL log".

How can we get it working on this Kindle?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #552
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Hi there, I told a friend of mine about your great application, so he bought himself a Kindle 4. We've jailbkreaked it and installed dev certs and kindlet, than KUAL v.1. But as we try to install KOMIC, no matter which version, it doesn't show up in KUAL. There is only a entry which states: "Syntax komic/menu.json". But when I press it, there is only written: "more info in KUAL log".

How can we get it working on this Kindle?
What is the content of the KUAL log?

Just attach it to your next post, we will read it for you.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #553
CyKoDeLiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What is the content of the KUAL log?

Just attach it to your next post, we will read it for you.
I think I found the problem. KOMIC is not compatible with K4, only with the touchable kindles. Is there an alternative?
Old 09-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #554
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@CyKoDeLiC: What knc1 said, plus, you mentioned a Kindle 4, while Komic is built around a framework only available on the K5 line... . (This should be completely unrelated to the KUAL issue you're currently experiencing, but thought it worth mentioning )

EDIT: Neeeeeeaaarly fast enough .

That said, the KUAL extension *should* (I haven't checked) at least display properly on the K4, even if Komic itself won't work.

As for an alternative, without a format shift, nope. With a format shift, check AcidWeb's stuff in the main Kindle forum, you might be satisfied with that (KF8 files specially crafted to make use of the Kindle/KF8's comics/manga capabilities).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-06-2013 at 05:08 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #555
silver18
THE NOOB

Yep, sorry!
It's everything already explained: Komic is designed only for kindle touch and (partially) for kindle paperwhite.
There is already a "compatibility section" at the top of the first post of this thread!
Maybe is possible to extend the support to kindle 4, but I really don't know if this is feasible (are there WAFs?!)

Tags
launcher add-ons