Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-21-2022, 06:46 AM   #541
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Still pending .
Hi :-)

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 12:31 PM   #542
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Ask Santa to send me free time for Christmas .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2022, 09:17 PM   #543
Kreatur3
Kreatur3 began at the beginning.

Device: PW4, PW5
Quote:
Ask Santa to send me free time for Christmas .
That's ALL I'm asking Santa for.
Kreatur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 02:32 AM   #544
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreatur3 View Post
That's ALL I'm asking Santa for.
Santa is coming :-)

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 05:16 PM   #545
Kreatur3
Kreatur3 began at the beginning.

Device: PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post
Santa is coming :-)

Stefano
There's not a single thing on earth I want more
Kreatur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2023, 12:04 PM   #546
jeliozver
jeliozver began at the beginning.

Device: KT2, PW5
Last version worked like a charm to create collections from Calibre plugin on KT2. Thanks so much for this
jeliozver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 05:19 PM   #547
flo_tm
flo_tm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Touch WiFi
Is sort order for collections on Kindle PW2 broken or are prefixes ignored?

I created collections on an unregistered Kindle PW2 using Calibre Collection Manager and LibrarySync, all in all it worked fine.

Thanks and Kudos! But ... :-)

I created the following collections:

_ Tag1
_ Tag2

~ Series1
~ Series2

+ Author1
+ Author2

Problem: The collections are not sorted according to the prefixes, but strictly alphabetically after the first "real" letter. Is this the fault of current FW (5.12.2.2)?

Thanks for your feedback!
flo_tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 05:53 PM   #548
flo_tm
flo_tm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Touch WiFi
Seems to be a limitation for the Kindle PW2. The only special character to force a sort order on Kindle PW2 is the single quote (') - at least with trial and error I cannot find any other.

But - this is nice: Multiple single quotes are sorted also, kind of top down from the most single quotes:

'''tag1
'''tag2
''author1
''author2
'series1
'series2
flo_tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 01:10 PM   #549
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I... vaguely recall that the sorting algorithm changed at one point, but I can't for the life of me remember the details (but the TL;DR: would be that: yes, there may be inconsistencies on that front depending on the FW version).
Old 01-24-2023, 08:52 AM   #550
wow400
wow400 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
I haven't had time to rebuild stuff for the PW5 yet .
Any news kind Sir?
wow400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 12:35 PM   #551
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Nope, might have more time in spring, though.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:00 AM   #552
wow400
wow400 began at the beginning.

Ok, I'll be incredibly grateful when you manage it as my collections on this new device are all over the place
Thanks again,
wow
wow400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 05:58 AM   #553
JackProject
JackProject began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Hello guys,

I have a kindle KT2, i have jailbreak it and installed KUAL and LibrarianSync. On my PC i have Calibre with the the pluging Kindle Collections, i have attached the settings on the plugin.

Then i go to the Kindle, to LibriarianSync and select the option, update collection (calibre plugin), but the collection does not sync, any ideas what im doing wrong?

Also installed python, forgot to mention that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-02-20 12_54_11-Customize Kindle Collections.png
Views:	132
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	199824   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-02-20 12_56_22-Kindle Collections.png
Views:	120
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	199825  

Last edited by JackProject; 02-20-2023 at 06:01 AM.
JackProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 10:05 PM   #554
jeliozver
jeliozver began at the beginning.

Device: KT2, PW5
Try using Rebuild Collections option and make sure you use v20201109 of LibrarianSync
jeliozver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:08 AM   #555
sepsus
sepsus began at the beginning.

Hello to the forum,
I'm new here and found the platform because I finally want to treat my somewhat older but still new-looking Kindle PW to collections on the Mac.
I'll admit it was a bit of a challenge to get used to everything on the forums, probably due to the age of the PW, but I downgraded the kindle, doing the jailbrak and am now in the process of creating collections from the tags.
I also rewrote the caliber plugin so that the error message doesn't come up anymore, but.....
Collections are created, these are also sent to the Kindle and I am told to update collections (from caliber plugin.json) in LibrarianSync to load changes.

i can start the Kual Window, it is no Popup like discribbed, but when i check the Menupoint, nothing happens.

All books are outside of the collections that were created, the menu item - Collections - on the Kindle are grayed out and I can't create any on the Kindle either.
What am I not understanding or what am I doing wrong?
I know the Kindle is a bit older, but I would still like to get it done because I've put so much time into it, now I want to know too ;-)

Thanks in advance for advice and support.

Achso, I also brought the firmware back up to date, but that didn't help either, it's now at 5.6.1.1
sepsus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync