Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #526
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Blended cottage cheese is our go-to substitution for ricotta in lasagna or other recipes that call for it. Haven't been called on it yet, although I do love ricotta too.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #527
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I made of batch of egg bites the other day. I kind of improvised the recipe, based on a few I found online, and they came out kind of rubbery. Not inedible, but with a less-then-appealing mouth feel. I don't think I used enough cheese....and also I probably made a poor cheese choice.....I used packaged Swiss.....

Anyone have any proven egg bite recipes?

[Edit: Ha! Cross-posted with Hitch, GMTA!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Did anyone have the chance to try that one I posted? (this one: https://www.platingsandpairings.com/...bucks-copycat/ ) I didn't have cottage cheese until yesterday, so I haven't yet. ApK, did your recipe have cottage cheese? I'm wondering if that achieves that lighter mouth feel you're thinking about?

(Indeed, that's hilarious that we were both talking about it at the same time.)

Hitch
I've used this recipe and it turned out good. I like using green chilies and cheddar or monterey jack cheese. You need to use either cottage cheese or ricotta and also the blender or food processor. That makes them lighter and smoother. Not as much as Starbucks, but better than using all regular cheese. I had to add garlic and salt.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2019, 08:14 PM   #528
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Blended cottage cheese is our go-to substitution for ricotta in lasagna or other recipes that call for it. Haven't been called on it yet, although I do love ricotta too.
ME TOO. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I've used this recipe and it turned out good. I like using green chilies and cheddar or monterey jack cheese. You need to use either cottage cheese or ricotta and also the blender or food processor. That makes them lighter and smoother. Not as much as Starbucks, but better than using all regular cheese. I had to add garlic and salt.

Well, yeah, but who the hell here has time to sous vide eggs? I damn sure don't. I can tolerate some imperfection for convenience.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:34 PM   #529
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I've done two batches of yogurt so far. Both turned out excellent! Yeah! I swear if I do nothing else but yogurt in this thing it will be worth it!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:34 AM   #530
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I had no idea that MR had an Instant Pot thread until @ApK mentioned it in the Prime Day thread!

I bought a 3 qt Instant Pot Mini from Amazon Warehouse about 18 months ago, at a really good price because the front was supposedly a little bit scratched. But when it came, I didn't see anything wrong with it except the packaging was pretty beat up. So that was nice.

Since then, I've mostly been using it as a slow cooker. We have a tiny kitchen, and it's nice to have one appliance that can do both pressure and slow cooking. But, I want to branch out to some pressure cooked meals - mostly, like everyone else, for the times when I forget to defrost!

Anyway, after I work my way through 36 pages (!!!) of posts, I look forward to participating...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #531
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi all you new post-Prime Day IPers.

Though we've been making ribs in the IP since about day one, we had never tried pull pork until this summer. Here's the recipe my wife picked, and it's been a family favorite:

https://thesaltymarshmallow.com/inst...t-pulled-pork/

We forego the hot sauce.

I like that it's a little under-sauced in the pot, because it's pretty tasty as is, and also so I can add a little more sauce to taste when I make the sandwich.

Last edited by ApK; 07-26-2019 at 07:21 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:18 PM   #532
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Instant Pot, is that what you get from the dealer instead of growing it yourself?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #533
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Instant Pot, is that what you get from the dealer instead of growing it yourself?
It's concentrated Pot. You add water, stir, then dry it in the oven and Maui Wowie! (can you tell how old I am from that one?)

Hitch
Old 07-22-2019, 03:56 PM   #534
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess it inevitable that this thread will get at least one variant of that joke every year or so ... ;-)
Old 07-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #535
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FWIW I was in Walmart this morning and they had a big display of 6-qt IP Lux for $59 - not sure if that's a good deal?
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:45 PM   #536
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
I guess it inevitable that this thread will get at least one variant of that joke every year or so ... ;-)
That's cuz so many of us are old Hippies....whilst some of are are just hippy...

Hitch
Old 07-22-2019, 06:18 PM   #537
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
That's cuz so many of us are old Hippies....whilst some of are are just hippy...

Hitch
Yep, this thread gives me the munchies
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:39 PM   #538
GA Russell
Bombers, Lions 0-1
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Forgive me for not having finished the first 53 pages!

Is it OK to submerge the lid when doing the dishes?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:15 PM   #539
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Forgive me for not having finished the first 53 pages!

Is it OK to submerge the lid when doing the dishes?
Yes. Don't forget to remove that metal cap inside for cleaning.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #540
GA Russell
Bombers, Lions 0-1
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Yes. Don't forget to remove that metal cap inside for cleaning.
Thanks! I'll study that.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote