Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2020, 09:33 PM   #511
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
On my Libra while reading ePubs, the clock is only showing up every 4 or 5 pages. I assume this is something to do with the timing options in the config file. Any suggestions for adjustments to get it to display more reliably?

NM: needed to update the setting in the yaml file from kobopatch.

Last edited by jeff47; 11-27-2020 at 11:47 PM.
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:41 AM   #512
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Ah, macOS shenanigans. Don't get me started on those .
You can turn the shenanigans off in Safari settings*

*(Safari -> Preferences -> General: untick the box that says “Open safe files after downloading”)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2020, 09:30 AM   #513
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
So, here's an "updated" version that makes use of the trick discussed earlier, as well as implementing a few other often-requested features, and possibly having better handling of devices with pageturn buttons.

Configs should be compatible, but do review the updated example, especially if you're curious about the actual changes .
I completely stripped the builtin patch codepath, so Libra/Forma users who use buttons will have to use the relevant kobopatch patch!

That's the only gotchas I can think of, so, brave testers welcome ;p.

----

(The following comments refer to the original test release and are now mostly outdated).

EDIT: And of course, 5min later I remember that I forgot to check straight ePubs, aaaaaand, yep, we're too fast. Yet another proof that ePub performance is subpar.

EDIT²: Fixed it :/.

EDIT³: Now ignores gyro events by default, to prevent them from feeding the cooldown (c.f., the new graylist option).
Why hasn't this version been added to the 6th post in this thread?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:49 AM   #514
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Mrs_Often: Oh, I know, I wrote a whole post ranting about it for KFMon's doc ;p.

@jeff47: I'm mildly confused, because this has nothing to do w/ kobopatch ;p. It has, on the other hand, everything to do with the ePub renderer being slow as molasses. Read the config, there's a bunch of context about it near the bottom. (Things should be more or less okay with a stock config, though).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:31 PM   #515
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why hasn't this version been added to the 6th post in this thread?
Because frostschutz didn’t write that version. However, frostschutz did add a link to NiLuJe’s MiniClock in bold green text right at the top of that sixth post...

Quote:
@Mrs_Often: Oh, I know, I wrote a whole post ranting about it for KFMon's doc ;p.
Very entertaining. You must be well annoyed. Very understandable, all the automatic unpacking of everything unpackable is indeed rather rude if you want to use things all packed up. But for an average Mac user I imagine it’s quite useful. As is not seeing the hidden files (such confusing clutter if you don’t need them). Luckily for those who find it annoying there’s a way to stop the automation and to make hidden files visible.

I’m more annoyed by things like not being able to change a file or folder name because it’s open, or because the file path is too long... Or not being able to delete a file because the file path is too long and you can’t change the name to something shorter for the same reason... Windoze...

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 11-28-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2020, 07:34 PM   #516
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:

@jeff47: I'm mildly confused, because this has nothing to do w/ kobopatch ;p. It has, on the other hand, everything to do with the ePub renderer being slow as molasses. Read the config, there's a bunch of context about it near the bottom. (Things should be more or less okay with a stock config, though).
In libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml, I needed to change 'Don't grab exclusive access to event0' to enabled=yes.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:41 PM   #517
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, that. Forgot about it, but, yeah, that's definitely a prerequisite ^^.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:55 PM   #518
jeff47
Connoisseur

Is it normal for the miniclock to appear on the sleepscreen? Can this be stopped? Obviously it ends up wildly out of sync and has caused me a bit of a shock once or twice before my brain caught up to what was happening.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:35 AM   #519
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Depends on how you put your device to sleep.

The sleepcover *should* not trigger it, but, for some reason, the power button is whitelisted by default (probably because someone requested the very opposite of what you're trying to achieve ;p).

So, just remove KEY:POWER from the whitelist.

(This does mean that it won't refresh on *wakeup* via the power button. Which probably was the main use-case for that, not the other way around).
Old 01-10-2021, 03:06 PM   #520
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
deleted

Last edited by Ned; 01-11-2021 at 09:31 AM. Reason: deletion of post
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:32 AM   #521
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello, I've installed the clock and edited the CSS on my Forma but have two minor problems:

1. I'm currently using display options format=%H:%M and want to add the battery % to this.
What exact text do I use please? format=%H:%M:%B doesn't work and neither does format=%H:%M:%battery

2. The display persists when I tap the screen but disappears when I use the physical turn buttons. I suspect I have the wrong version of the clock as I'm sure I saw one mentioning the Forma buttons but can see no mention of it in mine. Mine is titled KoboRoot-MiniClock-20200908.zip
Old 01-11-2021, 09:47 AM   #522
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I don't have physical buttons to help with #2, but this is my format to display the battery:

format={battery} %l:%M %P
(I have 6 blank spaces before %l)

And it looks like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_003.png
Views:	273
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	184678  
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:57 AM   #523
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
2. The display persists when I tap the screen but disappears when I use the physical turn buttons. I suspect I have the wrong version of the clock as I'm sure I saw one mentioning the Forma buttons but can see no mention of it in mine. Mine is titled KoboRoot-MiniClock-20200908.zip
If you want MiniClock to work with the physical buttons on a Forma (or LibraH2O) as well as tapping/swiping you need to include this in the MiniClock config:
Code:
input_devices=1 0
and you'll also need to use the kobopatch system to enable the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml patch named Don't grab exclusive access to event0

There's a note about both in the miniclock.example.cfg file.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:10 AM   #524
Ned
Ebook reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I don't have physical buttons to help with #2, but this is my format to display the battery:

format={battery} %l:%M %P
(I have 6 blank spaces before %l)

And it looks like this:
Thank you Ripplinger, that works just fine

On the Ignoring Buttons problem, after more research I changed libnickel so that
Don't grab exclusive access to event0:
- Enabled: yes , regenerated the patch and reapplied it.

Made no difference, still only shows after touching the screen,
But at least I'm showing the time and battery when I do.

edit: posted at same time as Jackie.
I'll make that config change too and try it out, thank you so much

Last edited by Ned; 01-11-2021 at 10:13 AM. Reason: posting at same time
Old 01-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #525
Ned
Ebook reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If you want MiniClock to work with the physical buttons on a Forma (or LibraH2O) as well as tapping/swiping you need to include this in the MiniClock config:
Code:
input_devices=1 0
and you'll also need to use the kobopatch system to enable the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml patch named Don't grab exclusive access to event0

There's a note about both in the miniclock.example.cfg file.
And it's working!!!
Thanks to all of you for the help.

I understand that it tells you about it in the config file, but to a non-techie like me most of it might as well be Greek, so I appreciate your patience in telling me again