Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #436
Lizzie in Ma
Connoisseur
Lizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to all

Device: Nook, Kindle 3, Vizio 8" tablet runn and Samsung Galaxy running Aldiko
I have books I love to re-read but I can't choose just one book, hell, I can't even choose only one series.
I have read the LOTR trilogy more than any other until Harry Potter came along, now I re-read them equally.
The earlier Robert Parker novels, Looking for Rachel Wallace, Taming a Seahorse and a few others are critical on occasion.
The Belgariad and Mallorean because every once in while, I just find myself missing Silk.
I could live with only those if absolutely had to.
Lizzie in Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #437
jridley
Enthusiast
jridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with othersjridley plays well with others

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I almost never reread a book -- too many books I want to read waiting in the wings.
I'm glad someone else said that. I actually used to re-read, but a couple of years ago I realized that there were far more good books than I could ever read in my lifetime, and I was wasting my time re-reading stuff I'd already read (though of course you get a little more out of many books when you re-read).

I made the same decision about movies - I'll re-watch a movie when I've seen all the other ones.
jridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #438
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
The Catcher In The Rye. I've been re-reading it every few years since I was about 12.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #439
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.
jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-600, MOTOROLA PHOTON & Toshiba Thrive
Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown. <3
jleliekelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #440
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I've already posted once in this thread, but since then I have a couple more books (well, series actually) to add:

A Song of Ice and Fire series, George R. R. Martin

Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #441
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ nice....OT, how are you finding the HBO adaptiation Pookeysgirl?

OT: Me? Stephen King's The Stand. Without question the book I have read the most - I believe I am up to 5 readings of the unabridged edition.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #442
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
^ nice....OT, how are you finding the HBO adaptiation Pookeysgirl?

OT: Me? Stephen King's The Stand. Without question the book I have read the most - I believe I am up to 5 readings of the unabridged edition.
I'm loving the HBO adaptation! I can't believe how close to the book they've kept it. It's really changed the way I *see* what's happening when I read.

I really enjoyed The Stand, but I don't think I could read it again for many years. A week after starting, I came down with a cold, and within a week the rest of my family had it...pretty creepy at the time
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #443
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
The two books that I have read the most are Animal Farm and 1984. I loved that we were made to read those when I was in school! I've also read Gone with the Wind a few times.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #444
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
You know, I don't think I have one.

There are books that I'm very fond of, and would recommend to other people in a heart beat, but, none that I re-read on a regular basis - just for the sake of it. I have re-read earlier books in a series in order to re-familiarize myself with the story, but that's about it.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #445
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I used to reread books often. The past few years I've been avoiding that (with the exception of books that I read so long ago that I can't remember the basic plot line), though, but I feel like I might start rereading books again.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #446
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Forma
I don't re-read generally but I recently did The Stand and Swan Song.

M.O.O.N. That spells post apocalypse!
John K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:16 AM   #447
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
A little while ago I went back to the beginning of Robert B. Parker's Spenser series and read them one after another all the way up to date (I had to order quite a few of the missing ones from Amazon in the US before I started, as I couldn't get them here). Quite a reading marathon, but fun
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #448
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
I have more than a few books I re-read on a regular basis, just want to list some of mine:
:: Sophie Kinsella - Shopaholic series
:: JK Rowling - Harry Potter series
:: George Orwell - 1984
:: Neil Gaiman - whatever I feel like re-reading
:: JRR Tolkien - The Hobbit

I can't recall the rest, but these are what makes me feel happy. Chick-lit and other-sort-of-lit.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #449
JDK1962
Groupie
JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (for PDFs)
:: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Not for the philosophical stuff, but for the motorcycling.
:: First four volumes of Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's "trilogy"
:: The Quiet American (Greene)
:: The Chosen (Potok)
:: The Silence of the Lambs (Harris)
:: any Jeeves story, but especially The Code of the Woosters (Wodehouse)

Like others here, I'm not re-reading that much these days, just because the Kindle's so loaded down with new stuff.
JDK1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #450
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
I have a few very near and dear favorites that I re-read over and over again. Like a previous poster said, sometimes I just pick a page and start reading.

My favorites are:
The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
100 Love Sonnets by Pablo Neruda
Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling (the first books in particular when I need a pick me up.)
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote