Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2006, 05:37 AM   #31
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Yes but you said Mono 8 wasn't working correctly, that it was producing images iRex didn't like so you'd stuck with RGB.

To do what needs be done Poppler needs a byte packed Mono 4 mode. My explorations revealed that Poppler would also benefit from an internal Mono mode. Right now all the Postscript primitives render RGB and get converted to Mono 8. In several key primitives, such as DCTStream handling, there are significant performance boosts to be had by going directly to Mono (no chromatic decode from DCT, a significant savings...)

Anyway, thank you for your prompt processing of my Shell Access Request. It feels good to be back on the mainstream again.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:40 AM   #32
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs
Also: we are using GTK 2.6 on the iLiad, so I don't understand your remark about the compilation.
Then there may be an error in the GTK pkgconfig in the tool chain... when I tried to build 0.5.4 it failed the pkgconfig version check.
Advert
Old 03-18-2007, 10:13 PM   #33
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Since Scotty is no longer developing for the iLiad, is anyone else interested in looking at this port project? FBReader serves many purposes, but doesn't provide for annotation. We can annotate PDF files, but not other formats. DotReader combined with plugins for HTML, RTF, etc. could really help, especially for those of us who are using the iLiad for academic reading (or who just like to be part of "book communities").
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:04 AM   #34
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I'll take a look at it to see how difficult it would be... I've never used or seen it before, so I don't know what formats it supports.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:08 AM   #35
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
Since Scotty is no longer developing for the iLiad, is anyone else interested in looking at this port project? FBReader serves many purposes, but doesn't provide for annotation. We can annotate PDF files, but not other formats. DotReader combined with plugins for HTML, RTF, etc. could really help, especially for those of us who are using the iLiad for academic reading (or who just like to be part of "book communities").
My understanding is that dotReader for Linux requires Perl and the Mozilla browser, so I doubt that it can run on the iLiad. It can download Perl over the Internet, but I think Mozilla is a show stopper at present unless dotReader has a viable alternative.

From FBReader's main page:
Quote:
Features, planned for future versions:
* Dictionary integration.
* Automatic scrolling.
* Bookmarks.
* Tables support.
* Support for other e-book formats.
Bookmarks will probably include annotations. So you may get the capability you want faster by asking the FBReader developers for annotations.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2007, 12:49 PM   #36
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
There's a note at the DotReader site that says "embedded Mozilla" is coming soon... does anyone know if that would get around the Mozilla dependency wallcraft mentioned? (Or does that just make things worse?)

Scotty, now that you're playing with your iLiad again, would you be interested in looking at this again?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #37
scotty1024
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
There's a note at the DotReader site that says "embedded Mozilla" is coming soon... does anyone know if that would get around the Mozilla dependency wallcraft mentioned? (Or does that just make things worse?)

Scotty, now that you're playing with your iLiad again, would you be interested in looking at this again?
Support for Embedded Mozilla would make it easier to port dot Reader to the iLiad but would not be a complete solution. Embedded Mozilla is AKA XulRunner its a way to share the Gecko render engine embedded in FIrefox with other applications that wish to use it.

What the iLiad uses is something known as MiniMo which is a reduced memory version of the Mozilla Browser. As with GTK and Java on the iLiad it has been chopped to make it fit. :behead:

The MiniMo browser is I think pretty broken on the iLiad. As such the dot Reader ported to use it would inherit this broken-ness.

I'd be much more interested in getting a dot Reader working on top of the Java HTML browser from Sun/Gnu.