Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #31
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Look for the directory "Kinowa" (I think it's in Documents & Settings, Application Data, etc)

Delete it, then re-install 3.0.

I've had that fix similar "librarly won't load" problems.
I have been unable to find any Kinowa directory on my computer. I've searched four times, because someone else suggested that could be the problem.

I'm currently chatting with a person from tech support who keeps thinking the problem is with my device and not their software.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #32
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man
RandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook color, prs 505, Axim x30, psp, Acer Aspire One [running xp]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
Here's a new one for you--the program was working fine, then something happened and I had to shut it down unexpectedly. Now it won't show my library, I can't load any books into my library, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the program hasn't helped. Is it possible for me to be able to get the old program back? I much preferred it.
If you want to go back, you need to go to add/remove programs and remove the ebook library by Sony [note that it has the ebook icon and is in the "e's" not under Sony in add/remove software]. Then go to Program Files in your C drive and delete the Sony folder that contains the ebook files. Next you have to be able to see hidden folders. On your my computer window, click tools in the menu bar, then folder options, then view, the 11th line down check show hidden files and folders. Lastly go to c drive and click documents and settings, (your user name file), Local Settings, Application Data, and delete Kinoma and Sony Corporation files. Now you can reinstall the old Sony software or the new if you want. The Rapidshare link below is for the old Sony library version 2.5.00.09170. If it is not appropriate to link here please remove or pm me to edit it out. Hope this helps

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/272362988/eBook_Library_Installer.exe
Lastly, thanks goes to Andybaby for posting this fix

Last edited by RandallFlagg; 09-19-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: add note
RandallFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #33
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Quote:
Look for the directory "Kinowa"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
I have been unable to find any Kinowa directory on my computer. I've searched four times, because someone else suggested that could be the problem.
I think it's "Kinoma" and not "Kinowa".

Last edited by Kostas; 08-27-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #34
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
I think it's "Kinoma" and not "Kinowa".
Thanks. That'll teach me to rely on my memory.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #35
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
No luck with Kinoma either.

UPDATE: Aha! I found the Kinoma and Sony Corp files, deleted them, reinstalled the software, and voila! It's working again.

Thanks for all the help, guys! You're the best--a lot better than Sony Support!

Last edited by wallflower75; 08-27-2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: found Kinoma!
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #36
BookishMom
Connoisseur
BookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheeseBookishMom can extract oil from cheese

Device: K1, K2, and iPad. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy76 View Post
I installed 3.0 and then borrowed a book from the library. Rather then it opening ADE it opened up the ebook library.
If I could just figure out how to ireturn books early.

* Just figured it out never mind*
Did it work? How did you do it? It won't work for me.

Edited to update: My ebook downloaded into the "Computer" section of the Store software instead of the "Library" section. Once I moved it under the Library menu, it returned without a problem.

Last edited by BookishMom; 08-28-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: To post solution. :)
BookishMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:56 AM   #37
jtown
jtown began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Use compatibility mode and choose XP or Vista. Why they do the check for "Vista and not later" instead of "Vista or later" is beyond me.
A thousand thanks. I can't believe I didn't think of it considering the "compatability mode" shenanigans I had to go through to get some of my games to install on Win7.

Of course, my first thought was to check with Sony and the live-chat support rep told me I had to uninstall 3.0, reinstall 2.x, and rebuild my libraries from scratch. Glad I looked for a second opinion. I passed the info along to another live-chat support rep who said he'd forward the info up the chain. Maybe they'll have a note on the download site soon. Or at least stop telling people they need to reinstall.
jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:05 AM   #38
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
I have whinged plenty in other threads about relative lack of PRS-500 support under anything but x86 Windows, buggy Mac installer, etc. but here's one:
The Mac version, when you insert a memory stick, reports back the memory stick as being a "Memory Stick on PC"..
Oh, one little one: why is the main application names eBookLibrary (note no space)? I hold back from renaming it out of fear it'll break the program :/
I'm wasn't on any stinking PC, I was on a Mac!
Quote:
I know some of you have bigger complaints than mine, but this one is pissing me off because it worked great in version 2.0.

The previous version of the Sony Library software allowed you to change the width of the left-hand column (the Book Library list). Version 3.0 does not allow the user to change the width of the Book list.

This sounds trivial, but MANY of my collections begin with the same word, and I can no longer see the full collection title. Here's what my Book Library looks like:

Books
Horror-
Horror-
Horror-
Mystery
Mystery
Mystery
Mystery

You see the issue, I'm sure. This makes it next to impossible to drag books to the correct collection.

Dare I hope there is a magic INI setting that allows the user to determine the width of the left-hand column? After all, it used to be adjustable in version 2.x.

Last edited by AprilHare; 08-28-2009 at 01:21 AM. Reason: moar whinge/cm^2
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #39
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have the sad feeling that this will end up being the longest thread I've started on MR...

Old 08-28-2009, 01:34 AM   #40
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
I have the sad feeling that this will end up being the longest thread I've started on MR...

Don't worry, I'll help you make it a bit longer
For instance, the Mac version here no longer opens the Sony Store for whatever reason..

Quote:
Unable to access eBook Store
Check your network settings to ensure you have access to the internet.

Last edited by AprilHare; 08-28-2009 at 03:44 AM. Reason: clarification
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #41
taildragger-j3
Writer AND Reader
taildragger-j3 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I tried everything Sony support recommended and everything I found on here and STILL could not properly load ver 3.0.

Thanks to whoever managed to find the 2.5 installer. It's back on my desktop and will stay there until Sony will no longer talk to it.
taildragger-j3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by taildragger-j3 View Post
I tried everything Sony support recommended and everything I found on here and STILL could not properly load ver 3.0.

Thanks to whoever managed to find the 2.5 installer. It's back on my desktop and will stay there until Sony will no longer talk to it.
Set your locale (region settings, not language) for US, reboot, install eBook Library 3.0, reboot, and it should work (I hope).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #43
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I installed 3.0 on two different computers running Vista. Both computers previously had both ADE and 2.5 installed before the upgrade. After the upgrade I had decent results but within 24 hours I started to get a "this machine not authorised" message on 3.0 even though ADE continues to work fine. I tried a variety of solutions including uninstall and reinstall. All of this to no avail. I'm back on 2.5 and both computers work fine.

It seems like there might be a compatability problem with ADE since 3.0 now tries to grab the books that would previously be opened by ADE. Even when 3.0 didn't work on borrowed books, by right clicking the download file and choosing to open with ADE, the file worked fine.

Obviously a Gremlin is running inside my computers.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:44 AM   #44
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

I like how the Sony Library now grabs the library books instead of ADE.

A couple of times the Library froze when I returned a book early, but for the most part it's working great. Fingers are crossed.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #45
glassy66
glassy66 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Hey everyone,
Newbie here, how are you all ?

Normally I would take the time to introduce myself properly on a new forum
but unfortunately I'm in desperate need of some advice.

Please keep in mind I know nothing about Readers.

Not long ago I bought a Sony 505 and everything worked well the day I got it.
Set it all up and downloaded 1 book to make sure all was ok.

I recently purchased several ebooks and have only just tried to import them to the ebook library.
It's been processing for about 90 minutes now and no sign of ending any time soon.
Not sure if it's stuck or if there's something else going on.
Is it normal for it to take so long to transfer files ?

If this isn't normal do you have any suggestions on what to do to get it to stop ?
I know there's a cancel button but will that cause any other problems ?

I should probably add that I don't have the Reader itself connected ........ should I ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

cheers
Sally
glassy66 is offline   Reply With Quote