Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #31
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post

Out of?
  • Annoyment
  • Pleasure to see it out
  • Anticipation
  • Sadness you weren't there fer the news
  • Frustration
Out of joy that they are talking about stopping DRM! And from chugging a whole bottle of water.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #32
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Well where is he now, huh? How dare he turn his back on MR
Here's his page.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #33
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Here's his page.
780 posts? He needs to sort out his priorities and do less writing and more posting to MR
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #34
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apparently some people think there are better things to do in life. Where's this world going to...
Old 08-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #35
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Thanks again for the reporting on the Worldcon. I wish I was there
Moejoe, you took the words right out of my mouth! Now I have a funny aftertaste
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #36
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Here's his page.
Hmmm... it seems JSWolf was his only friend.

I wonder if his absence has anything to do with his (presumable) decision to start using PDF exclusively on his eReader.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #37
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
Hmmm... it seems JSWolf was his only friend.

I wonder if his absence has anything to do with his (presumable) decision to start using PDF exclusively on his eReader.

- Ahi
Get out of town, really? He uses PDF when ePub is vastly superior
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #38
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Get out of town, really? He uses PDF when ePub is vastly superior
My proposition was as much conjecture as yours is!
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #39
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
A bit of advice: Never eat a meal high on carbs then go to a discussion o f the coming zombie apocalypse. You are certain to wake up with a start at least three times an hour. Near as I can tel, it's going to be caused either by a) a virus, b) television advertising, c) evileness inherent in the system, or d) The Micrsosoft Branez OS crashing in our wetware. Then we will all either a) die or b) stop bathing and move to the wilderness. Ick. I'm not going to eat someone if they stop bathing!

Now I'm going in to listen to someone talking about environmental sciences. You'd think I'd have learned when in undergrad that that's a definite snorer...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #40
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
A bit of advice: Never eat a meal high on carbs then go to a discussion o f the coming zombie apocalypse. You are certain to wake up with a start at least three times an hour. Near as I can tel, it's going to be caused either by a) a virus, b) television advertising, c) evileness inherent in the system, or d) The Micrsosoft Branez OS crashing in our wetware. Then we will all either a) die or b) stop bathing and move to the wilderness. Ick. I'm not going to eat someone if they stop bathing!

Now I'm going in to listen to someone talking about environmental sciences. You'd think I'd have learned when in undergrad that that's a definite snorer...
So it's the squirrels, then, eh?

(Did you like the way I snuck that eh in there? Get it? You're in Canada, eh?)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #41
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
So it's the squirrels, then, eh?

(Did you like the way I snuck that eh in there? Get it? You're in Canada, eh?)
So what's your point?
Old 08-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #42
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
So what's your point?
(You're supposed to say, "eh?")
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #43
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
(You're supposed to say, "eh?")
Absolutely not! I shall not indulge in stereotypes... eh! ... darn! Imean... I say!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #44
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Felix Gilman, an editor from Tor just said that "Almost all publishing houses have come to the conclusion that DRM is not a viable means of protecting intellectual property." You heard it here second, folks!
hallelujah !! (i know, this happened ages ago. still, i couldn't contain my joy. )

now the REAL question is, when will they start acting on this conclusion ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #45
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
The CC panel was really good. Doctorow also said that a big publisher had as corporate policy not to allow creative commons publication.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote